Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 26-10-2013, 09:19   #901
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Little tech help please , my Xbox one will be in the spare room (my man cave) and I want to plug the sky box into the hdmi in on the xbox one , the sky hd box only has one hdmi out , is there some sort of splitter I can use at the sky box end that wouldn't require me to switch anything ?
Old 26-10-2013, 10:10   #902
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

How about this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quality-2-5G...=hdmi+splitter
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 10:36   #903
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
Little tech help please , my Xbox one will be in the spare room (my man cave) and I want to plug the sky box into the hdmi in on the xbox one , the sky hd box only has one hdmi out , is there some sort of splitter I can use at the sky box end that wouldn't require me to switch anything ?
Unless i am misunderstanding what you want to do, the Xbox One has an HDMI pass through, so all you need to do is instead of plugging the Sky box to your TV you will plug it into the HDMI IN on the Xbox, then the Xbox is connected to the TV with its HDMI out.

See the instruction manual image that was leaked yesterday.

EDIT

I guess you mean the Sky Box is connected to more than 1 TV, if so maybe this will do the trick as it says it is auto switching.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg xbox-one-setup-diagram-640x353.jpg (24.0 KB, 45 views)
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 11:15   #904
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Unless i am misunderstanding what you want to do, the Xbox One has an HDMI pass through, so all you need to do is instead of plugging the Sky box to your TV you will plug it into the HDMI IN on the Xbox, then the Xbox is connected to the TV with its HDMI out.

See the instruction manual image that was leaked yesterday.

EDIT

I guess you mean the Sky Box is connected to more than 1 TV, if so maybe this will do the trick as it says it is auto switching.

Yeah sky box connected would be connected to the living room tv downstairs , I would want to run another hdmi cable from the sky box to the xbox one pass thru in my man cave (upstairs) , I take it this means the same picture couldn't be shown both downstairs and upstairs with a hdmi splitter , just thinking for when the footy is on , my wife watching downstairs , me watching upstairs with it "snapped" on to my screen whilst gaming ...... Sounds awesome but I'm not sure it would work !!!
Old 26-10-2013, 12:20   #905
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
Yeah sky box connected would be connected to the living room tv downstairs , I would want to run another hdmi cable from the sky box to the xbox one pass thru in my man cave (upstairs) , I take it this means the same picture couldn't be shown both downstairs and upstairs with a hdmi splitter , just thinking for when the footy is on , my wife watching downstairs , me watching upstairs with it "snapped" on to my screen whilst gaming ...... Sounds awesome but I'm not sure it would work !!!
If you don't want either to mess with each others viewing maybe getting a second sky box maybe an option as obviously you can only watch the same thing on 1 TV at a time, although there would be a multi room charge for this i am unsure how much sky would charge.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 12:40   #906
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
If you don't want either to mess with each others viewing maybe getting a second sky box maybe an option as obviously you can only watch the same thing on 1 TV at a time, although there would be a multi room charge for this i am unsure how much sky would charge.
Yeah , just can't warrant the extra for multi room , very rarely watch anything while I'm gaming unless football is on so normally set my ipad up , just thought it would be handy !!
Old 26-10-2013, 20:35   #907
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

So yeah. Call of Duty ghosts can only run at 720p on the Xbox one. Genius really. How do we make a console that flops harder than a dreamcast? Good job lads you've nailed it.

Ah Microsoft have an embargo in place after Journalists discovered something about the Xbox one. Best guess is all games run at 720 rather than 1080.
Old 26-10-2013, 20:58   #908
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

A quick Google and you'd know that your guess is wrong. Looks like the minimum is going to be atleast 900p. Also, because a third party dev made a game at 720p, doesn't mean a console will flop. IW always go for framerate over resolution from my experience.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 21:48   #909
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Also it is unlikely the press wouldn't report this...
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 22:20   #910
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
A quick Google and you'd know that your guess is wrong. Looks like the minimum is going to be atleast 900p. Also, because a third party dev made a game at 720p, doesn't mean a console will flop. IW always go for framerate over resolution from my experience.
You've completely missed the point. Why is it at 1080 on one console and 720 on another?Why is the one with the better resolution cheaper? Why couldn't this third party Dev get their game running at the same resolution?

Better yet does it matter? Yeah when you've been playing in huge resolutions on pc for many years you'd expect a giant like Microsoft to be able to produce a machine equal or better than its next competitor after 6 years of faffing.

One game doesn't make a flop. Years of building a set top box that can play games worse that it's next competitor does though.
http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/10/ca...p-on-xbox-one/

This isn't an anti Xbox campaign is simple and very fair questioning of a company that's had years to think about this stuff. It's about paying more to get less. If the price was the same or lower than a PS4 this probably wouldn't be an issue at all.
Old 26-10-2013, 22:37   #911
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
You've completely missed the point. Why is it at 1080 on one console and 720 on another?Why is the one with the better resolution cheaper? Why couldn't this third party Dev get their game running at the same resolution?

Better yet does it matter? Yeah when you've been playing in huge resolutions on pc for many years you'd expect a giant like Microsoft to be able to produce a machine equal or better than its next competitor after 6 years of faffing.

One game doesn't make a flop. Years of building a set top box that can play games worse that it's next competitor does though.
http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/10/ca...p-on-xbox-one/

This isn't an anti Xbox campaign is simple and very fair questioning of a company that's had years to think about this stuff. It's about paying more to get less. If the price was the same or lower than a PS4 this probably wouldn't be an issue at all.
It seems Forza is 1080p so it might be a question of exactly why COD isn't.
Old 26-10-2013, 22:43   #912
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It seems Forza is 1080p so it might be a question of exactly why COD isn't.
Sorry that is my question if I'd confused anybody. It's only multi platform stuff that's affected.
BF4 will only run at 900p on a PS4.

Just found a debate from reddit about this http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...ing_x1_secret/
Old 26-10-2013, 22:47   #913
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Lucky I preordered both consoles. Although I cancelled my PS4 order and redid it later so no launch day release for me.
Old 27-10-2013, 00:37   #914
Bulky
Inactive

Sorry but I'm just up for the next generation , ps4 games can look a bit shinier for me , it's the innovation I'm interested in and Sony will be playing catch up yet again, their software at launch (operating system ) of ps3 was rubbish ...... And still is IMO
Old 27-10-2013, 01:11   #915
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

It's game specific, quite a few of the Xbox One games are utlising 1080@60fps i.e. Forza 5.
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote