Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | All F1 2005 Discussions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

All F1 2005 Discussions

Old 12-06-2005, 19:40   #76
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
Re: All F1 2005 Discussions

cracking race , mind you i wonder if anything will happen to kimi about the pitlane thing , but then can anything happen now ?????
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2005, 22:17   #77
andygrif
Inactive

andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array

Kimi? It was JPM wasn't it? And yes, the FIA could impose a suspension or worse in theory...he's not exactly teacher's pet right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.ewles
sorry no pity for Montoya

I must say that ITVs coverage is back to its C**P coverage with all these adverts, coming in at the wrong moment.

thay wouldn't put them in a footy match during a penalty shoot out
You can't blame ITV for taking breaks and the something interesting happens during it. It's where you've got something interesting happening THEN they take the break...and I doubt they will do that again.

Saying that, motor sport is not the kind of game you can take breaks in, so either ITV should take breaks before and after but not during (like the footie), run a 5 minute delay so the director knows when to take the break or give it back to Beeb.
andygrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 22:22   #78
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygrif
Kimi? It was JPM wasn't it? And yes, the FIA could impose a suspension or worse in theory...he's not exactly teacher's pet right now.

You can't blame ITV for taking breaks and the something interesting happens during it. It's where you've got something interesting happening THEN they take the break...and I doubt they will do that again.

Saying that, motor sport is not the kind of game you can take breaks in, so either ITV should take breaks before and after but not during (like the footie), run a 5 minute delay so the director knows when to take the break or give it back to Beeb.
kimi cut up coulthard trying to get out in front of him
Old 12-06-2005, 22:31   #79
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Sounds like I missed a good race.

Anybody know, off the top of their head, when the highlights are on?
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 22:39   #80
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin
Sounds like I missed a good race.

Anybody know, off the top of their head, when the highlights are on?
ITV, 1155pm
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 22:41   #81
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Thanks Paul.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 22:41   #82
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Or 2am Tuesday morning lol
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 22:46   #83
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygrif

soory but you can blame ITV for taking adverts, they don't have to put them in during the race.

I mean the drivers press briefing wasn't in the main programme but is being put (I guess) in the highlights show 11:55pm to 12:55am, and a I'm at work early tomorrow I aint going to be able to stay you that late.

All ITV care about is making money from the ads and don't care about their viewers

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 23:26   #84
homealone

this race was worth it for 2 reasons - David Coulthard's comment on how he would use his pit lane limiter in the future - and the subject of his comment in a live interview, later
Old 13-06-2005, 02:19   #85
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
kimi cut up coulthard trying to get out in front of him
You can't really blame him, though, he can't see what's behind him in that situation and it's the "lollipop man" at the front (usually the senior mechanic IIRC) who has to make the decision.

Unfortunately we didn't get to see a repeat of the incident during the main race, so it's hard to say more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.ewles
soory but you can blame ITV for taking adverts, they don't have to put them in during the race.
Actually they do, because it's in their contract with the advertisers who are paying for exactly that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
this race was worth it for 2 reasons - David Coulthard's comment on how he would use his pit lane limiter in the future - and the subject of his comment in a live interview, later
I didn't watch the highlights, care to enlighten me? (Please! )
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2005, 17:06   #86
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham

I didn't watch the highlights, care to enlighten me? (Please! )
sorry I didn't see this until just now - I've sent you a pm

Does anyone else think that this business with the Michelin tyres, at Indanapolis is a total farce. I cannot believe the FIA are basically saying it is for Michelin to sort out, but if any team uses a replacement tyre, they may be penalised.

- I would have thought swapping to new tyres just before a race would be a disadvantage, and given there appears to be a safety issue, that should take priority....
Old 19-06-2005, 17:37   #87
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

for me , the whole issue of running 1 set and being penalised is a joke , is it going to take someone being killed for this to get sorted out
Old 19-06-2005, 17:38   #88
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

rules being made by people who have never been in a f1 car nor ever will be, nor have ever raced one or even know the slightest thing about the car and its dynamics should never be able to change a rule which affects the car in such a way.
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2005, 17:50   #89
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
for me , the whole issue of running 1 set and being penalised is a joke , is it going to take someone being killed for this to get sorted out
absolutely - Bernie Ecclestone said yesterday there would be 'no way' the race wouldn't run - but, from what the FIA have said & the teams reaction. it is still a possibility that some cars may not race, or will do one lap & retire.

- the way this sport is run needs a major shakeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxodriver
rules being made by people who have never been in a f1 car nor ever will be, nor have ever raced one or even know the slightest thing about the car and its dynamics should never be able to change a rule which affects the car in such a way.
good point
Old 19-06-2005, 18:55   #90
tarun.sonania
Inactive

Services: Digital Family Pack, Cable Broadband 2 Mbps, Telephone
tarun.sonania is an unknown quantity at this point
f1 misery

Isn't it stupid of the michellin teams ... why they are screwing the race for everybody else ... just get on with it. I love racing and i am quite shocked to see whats going on just couple of minutes before it begins. save the race, keep the faith.
tarun.sonania is offline   Reply With Quote