Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

Old 19-09-2011, 03:17   #856
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: WWE

Match is about to start.. I think I've missed the obvious.. Nash will take out HHH if he's involved at all..

John whatever his name is wants to be COO.. its so obvious now -_-

NO DQ.. John and Nash.. Punk wins.. its all right there in front of us but many of us were thinking it was Punk he was going to take out.
Old 19-09-2011, 17:25   #857
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

And Nash returns, seems he wasn't fired after all.

Who'da thunk it

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 19:33   #858
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Worst pay per view ever. So glad we got it for free.

When the highlight of the PPV is Mark Henry winning a title in 2011 then you have problems.

The tag team match, was pretty by the numbers, big of a crappy ending for a PPV, but it furthers some storylines and avoids flipping the title too soon.

The IC, no heat at all on this match, this is what happens when you do stop start pushes. Ted hasn't recovered from the stalled push where he should have gone over Orton, but instead they turned Orton face.

The US title, right guy won it, A-Ry proved again he can't wrestle at this level. No real complaints it was a pretty by the numbers 4 way, nothing special, nothing shocking.

The Divas match... K^2 goes over Beth 2 ppvs in a row, showing that complaints against the way the WWE books things don't matter, they don't want to fix the Diva's division, best to just keep K^2 on top by roll up victories.

The WHC, right guy won, hope he gets booked as unstoppable for a while and doesn't get a christian run with the title. Mark Henry is about the only guy getting booked right.

The WWE title, *sigh*
Lets get Del rio to cash in during an angle that has nothing to do with him, then spend the entire time after with Cena making him look weak, and then throw the title straight back onto Cena at the first opportunity to confirm the fact Del Rio wasn't a real champ, and that he's weak.

The main event...
Russo booking mode in full effect.

So we start off with a pretty normal by the numbers no DQ match, an AWESOME elbow drop spot through the announce table, and then... well, someone hit the Russo switch.
R truth and Miz, ok, I can understand, they want HHH to lose right, because he's a conspirator, get him out of the COO position, makes sense. So they beat him up... and also CM Punk because... well... maybe he wouldn't have wanted to win that way? might as well lay him out and ensure the pin.
So, they do the "lay them out, give cm punk the cover" trick, and... 2 count! Damn, plan failed, lets blame the ref.
Then we have Johnny Ace, who obviously wants HHH to lose because he wants the job, so he distracts the new Referee when HHH has the pin, and gets the Ref in the ring when CM Punk has the pin, only for R Truth, THE GUY WHO JUST SET UP A CM PUNK PIN ON HHH to break the pin.
As The Miz would say, Really? Really? REALLY?

In the space of 30 seconds, R Truth has gone from setting up a CM Punk win, to breaking a pin that would have gave CM Punk the win.

Then we have Nash, and well, obviously he wants to beat up HHH, understandable. But CM Punk decides "no, you're not going to do that" and stops him... instead of waiting for him to lay out HHH, and then lay into Nash, he makes the schoolboy error of leaving HHH in the fight.

Then we get the burial, HHH wins, why? What does that achieve? HHH didn't need the win, CM Punk looks weak as hell from the loss, and any heat CM Punk had when he first made his promo is already dwindling due to all this ******** they've thrown into the angle.

By the way guys, faces beat up ring announcers and steal cars. BUT DON'T BE A BULLY BE A STAR!
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 08:15   #859
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Massive respect to Matt Hardy for admitting he has a problem and wants to go to rehab. OK just about everyone knew he had a problem but the first step on the road to recovery is admitting it and he's done that and I hope he succeeds. Would be great if his brother joined him.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-09-2011, 09:34   #860
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I realised Nash was coming when John was on the phone... then it hit me that it was really obvious that John wanted the COO position and it seemed funny Triple H had just placed it on the line. Obviously things didnt go to plan but I bet this angle is far from over.

I see this as the start of a power battle that abruptly ends when Vince returns!
Old 20-09-2011, 10:08   #861
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

I realised he'd be coming the moment WWE referred to him as "former WWE champion" on his 'future endeavours' tribute - they never credit any released star's achievements. It was obvious he'd play a part in that match.

I agree they're probably going to go down the route of Laurinaitis wanting the COO job but Vince returning to seize control...how many time have they done that now?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-09-2011, 14:12   #862
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I realised he'd be coming the moment WWE referred to him as "former WWE champion" on his 'future endeavours' tribute - they never credit any released star's achievements. It was obvious he'd play a part in that match.

I agree they're probably going to go down the route of Laurinaitis wanting the COO job but Vince returning to seize control...how many time have they done that now?
Indeed many times but Vince's character is awesome and he is the guy that made this business what it is. You don't realise how much you miss him being there until he is gone for a good period of time. I expect him to make part time appearances when he eventually does step down.

Although that storyline received much criticism for the superstars appearing for WCW/ECW being smaller than the big names of WCW/ECW most of which were signed a few years down the line. Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Goldberg and Sabu.
Old 20-09-2011, 14:18   #863
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Thing is, Vince wanted to scale back the 'Mr McMahon' character after his WM match with Bret and it had come 'full circle' and in fairness it has been used very sporadically since then.

I agree that he is definitely 'Mr Wrestling' buit him taking control back of WWE is a bit worn. They did it with the 'McMahon-Helmsley era' and also with the Alliance angle when it was Steph versus Shane. It's not as if WWE doesn't rehash ideas but it would be good if they went somewhere else with it.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-09-2011, 14:31   #864
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Thing is, Vince wanted to scale back the 'Mr McMahon' character after his WM match with Bret and it had come 'full circle' and in fairness it has been used very sporadically since then.

I agree that he is definitely 'Mr Wrestling' buit him taking control back of WWE is a bit worn. They did it with the 'McMahon-Helmsley era' and also with the Alliance angle when it was Steph versus Shane. It's not as if WWE doesn't rehash ideas but it would be good if they went somewhere else with it.
I assume you mean Steph & Shane vs Vince

The WWE vs The Alliance was one of the best storylines ever. Think its called the Invasion storyline.

Shame they missed out the liked of Nash & Goldberg in there to match the far superior WWE superstars
Old 20-09-2011, 14:43   #865
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
I assume you mean Steph & Shane vs Vince
No, I meant Steph versus Shane

Towards the end of the Invasion angle and it looked like the Alliance was going to win, they began in-fighting and I remember the episode of Raw where the returning Vince growled at them "What the hell have you done to my company??"

It was magical

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-09-2011, 15:37   #866
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

I'm remaining quiet on the main storyline for the benefit of everyone!

Crowd last night was extremely poor, completely flat for most of it. I dunno if that was just because it was on the back of a disappointing PPV, or if Cleavland is always like that.

JoMo continues his free fall down the roster with a hilarious squash match. Let this be a lesson to peopel not to bring your gf backstage when she's been released.

Sin Cara vs Sin Cara, no heat at all, not surprising really, hard to build a feud with 2 masked guys who look the same when one of them doesn't talk and the other has spoke once. It was annoying to watch, they need to switch up their ring gear.

K^2 wins on another roll up, I swear they're doing this just to annoy me.

The highlight of the night though, Zack Ryder won again on raw! I'm sure I said on here before I wasn't keep on Zack Ryder, but damn the guy has grew on me. I made myself watch his youtube show, and I'm a fully paid up broski now. He's a real example of how to get ahead in WWE. His visual gags about trying to get over, and drawing money, they were great, and then WWE try to do similar with Johnny Curtis and just fall flat.

Ryder is probably the highlight on Raw for me at the moment, he's a guy that just loves to be there, he's worked hard to get his push, and now it looks like it's finally being paid off. I hope he actually gets a midcard title run, him as the US champion would be amazing.

Hugh Jackman showed exactly how to be a guest host on WWE as well, he looked like he was having a great time and actually got into it, other than the countless other guests who just seem to be phoning it in.

Oh, they need to give Ziggler more mic time as well, the guy is awesome on the mic.

As far as I'm concerned Raw ended with Ryders arm held up in the air.
Old 20-09-2011, 17:26   #867
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

JoMo's match made sense though - he's not full time main-event status yet and it served to emphasis ADR's frustration although I agree they're wasting his potential. Yep, I think Milena's open legs....erm I mean open-door policy didn't help.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-09-2011, 18:10   #868
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

I remmber the wwe vs the alliance. That has to be the best story line. I remmber when shane turned up at wcw and annoced hes the new owner. The look on vince face lol.
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 19:41   #869
TheDon
Inactive

Quote:
JoMo's match made sense though - he's not full time main-event status yet and it served to emphasis ADR's frustration although I agree they're wasting his potential. Yep, I think Milena's open legs....erm I mean open-door policy didn't help.
It made sense that ADR should beat him yeah, just the fact it was a 30 second squash is comedy.
It could have been any one of a ton of guys they put in that match, that it was JoMo just shows how badly he's annoyed people. He was on the verge of main eventing, and now he's being buried in squashes.
Old 20-09-2011, 19:45   #870
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

In fairness they did the same to HHH after the Curtain Call incident and it didn't do him any long-term harm.

JoMo is similar to Santino in that respect, who went through a phase of nothing but jobbing but was still over with the fans.

Vote #AnyoneButTory