Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | World Cup 2014

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

World Cup 2014

Old 05-07-2014, 23:56   #856
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: World Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Poor Costa Rica
On the balance of play I think the Dutch deserved to win over the 120 minutes TBH.
iadom is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2014, 23:57   #857
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Van Gaal probably going to be lauded as some kind of tactical genius. Not genius enough to win in open play with the squad he has.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 23:58   #858
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Yes, it is absolutely outrageous. Hoping the Argies annihilate them next, and I won't even care if they have to rely on a handball goal to beat the Dutch.

If this is the sort of tactic we can expect at United next season, then I will be sad to see a good club reduced to out and out bully boy tactics. If it comes down to Mourinho and Van Gaal, I will be supporting Mourinho.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 00:00   #859
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
On the balance of play I think the Dutch deserved to win over the 120 minutes TBH.
Oh yeah but still, wanted the underdog to win. Holland should have been ahead before 90 mins even with Costa Rica's performance.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 00:02   #860
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Yes, it is absolutely outrageous. Hoping the Argies annihilate them next, and I won't even care if they have to rely on a handball goal to beat the Dutch.

If this is the sort of tactic we can expect at United next season, then I will be sad to see a good club reduced to out and out bully boy tactics. If it comes down to Mourinho and Van Gaal, I will be supporting Mourinho.
Somehow don't see De Gea behaving like that do you?
Old 06-07-2014, 00:04   #861
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

Hope not. That was a sad day for football tonight, imo. But like I said elsewhere, I see things in black and white. No grey area for me.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:45   #862
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Somehow don't see De Gea behaving like that do you?
Probably not but I can assure you he's a total bell when off the pitch.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:04   #863
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Van Gaal will look like a genius or a complete idiot with that decision.
Well you must be hoping some of that rubs off at MU.

---------- Post added at 06:04 ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Not right that from Krul. Shouldn't be allowed to do that sort of thing.
FIFA say they will clamp down on these type of things as usual they do bloody nothing.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:58   #864
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Just like a large number of overpaid footballers are.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:26   #865
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Is there a viable alternative to penalties? Seems to me in most knockout matches, certainly when it comes to ones between United and Chelsea they play for the penalty lottery. Is there a fair and viable alternative, or are penalties here to stay?
Old 06-07-2014, 08:35   #866
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Is there a viable alternative to penalties? Seems to me in most knockout matches, certainly when it comes to ones between United and Chelsea they play for the penalty lottery. Is there a fair and viable alternative, or are penalties here to stay?
Personally l hate penalties as many teams just play the full 120 minutes in the hope that they will get through on penalties thus we generally have to suffer 120 minutes of sheer footballing boredom before the total lottery of penalties.

---------- Post added at 08:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

Quote:
There used to be a golden goal in extra time but they soon got rid of that.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:40   #867
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
How many penalty shoot outs have thee been between United and Chelsea?

I can't think of many, if any games that teams have set out from the kick off and played 120 minutes deliberately to get to penalties, during extra time yes but not for 120 minutes.

Hard to say what suitable alternatives there are, five a side for extra time would be fun and really put the managers to the test.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:31   #868
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post

When i met him in London he seemed a nice guy

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

I didn't see Krul do much wrong last night, there was nothing stopping the Costa Rica keeper doing the same.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:38   #869
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post

I didn't see Krul do much wrong last night, there was nothing stopping the Costa Rica keeper doing the same.
Apart from, class, taste, upbringing , style, sportsmanship, etc, etc.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:42   #870
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Apart from, class, taste, upbringing , style, sportsmanship, etc, etc.

You're playing for a place in a world cup semi-final, i don't see anything wrong with trying to put the opposition off. The Costa Rican keeper was dancing around on the line when the Dutch players were running up, are you not annoyed by that? Saying a few words to the penalty taker is nothing new and theres nothing wrong with it.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote