Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 07:45   #736
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
More than likely. I used to get stung a lot. Importing Blu Rays and Dreamcast games.
I may have to stick to digital or UK games then, but the costs are ridiculous!
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2013, 15:48   #737
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Does anyone have any info on the cost for digital downloads as i am close to buying the disk version of Battlefield 4 for £42 and £45 for Forza 5?

Edit

I think i just answered my own question and i don't like the result.........

Black Ops 2 for X360 = £49.99 on Xbox Live but only £23 on Amazon, now if that is how digital downloads will be on X1 then i don't think they will take off anytime soon unless the person buying doesn't care about their wallet.
Old 01-09-2013, 20:56   #738
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Does anyone have any info on the cost for digital downloads as i am close to buying the disk version of Battlefield 4 for £42 and £45 for Forza 5?

Edit

I think i just answered my own question and i don't like the result.........

Black Ops 2 for X360 = £49.99 on Xbox Live but only £23 on Amazon, now if that is how digital downloads will be on X1 then i don't think they will take off anytime soon unless the person buying doesn't care about their wallet.
It's up and down and you can't really bring the PC into the digital download war otherwise it wins all day.

Microsoft charge premium prices for Digital Downloads and take you for a ride. An example would be the game Rainbow Six Vegas, classic game and sells for about £9 new or as low as £3 used.

Microsoft see fit to charge up to £19.99 and only go as low as £14.99 for a game that's years old.

To make this idea really take off there's no other way to do it but copy Steam. At the end of the day though games will still be cheaper and look better on a PC.
Old 01-09-2013, 21:22   #739
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Yes all true, i think Rainbow Six is £11.99 now to download and it it will be free this month as part of games on gold.
Old 02-09-2013, 16:36   #740
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post

Microsoft charge premium prices for Digital Downloads and take you for a ride. An example would be the game Rainbow Six Vegas, classic game and sells for about £9 new or as low as £3 used.
You're being a bit to generous to MS.
RS:V can be bought for £1.99 used, hell, you can get RS:V 2 used for under a fiver

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 19:09   #741
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Microsoft have said we won't get external storage at launch, due to the team working on other things, however when it arrives we can use it for game installs unlike the PS4.
Old 02-09-2013, 19:50   #742
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Good things are coming guys :-) Sit tight!
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 20:27   #743
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
Good things are coming guys :-) Sit tight!
Yeah good things...
http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/02/xbox...consoles-only/
Old 02-09-2013, 22:26   #744
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Agreed , wouldn't play a football game , even for free
Old 03-09-2013, 10:20   #745
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Some Xbox One questions and answers here from Microsoft.

1 question i was wondering about has been answered.

Quote:
Will a top-of-the-TV mounting clip be sold for Kinect?
WHITTEN: We recommend locating Kinect in the middle of your television, either above or below the screen on a secure surface. We anticipate there will be some third party mounting offerings in the future.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/0...about-xbox-one
Old 03-09-2013, 19:11   #746
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:

Nice link , Sony have also said they are going to integrate voice commands , another after thought that wont work properly , oh and seeing as you need the camera for it which now isn't included in the box it won't be properly supported

Edit : nice to have you back on board snoopz , knew you were going to crack ha ha
Old 03-09-2013, 19:48   #747
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Well I wanted the controller with the vibration triggers and also titan fall.

It also looks like the insides of the Xbox are more custom and powerful than previously thought.
Old 03-09-2013, 20:01   #748
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Kinect placement was a concern I had... From the early photos we saw it looked like a beast, but I saw a side by side recently and it's pretty much the same size as the current Kinect. The new one doesn't move, so you should just be able to hang it on top of the TV...hopefully...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 00:24   #749
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I will place it under the TV, i really don't want it on top, so if i can get away with sitting on top of the V+ then that would be good.

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 00:24 ---------- Previous post was 03-09-2013 at 22:27 ----------

With stock of the day one edition becoming hard to find in the UK, you can still currently order it direct from Microsoft if anyone is still looking and hasn't found one yet.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...&WT.medium=cpc
Old 04-09-2013, 08:19   #750
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

September 29th may possibly be the day where you guys will see the true spec sheet for the console.
At the moment, some specs are still concealed, most likely due to competition.
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote