Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 19-08-2010, 20:27   #661
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
That's not right, anyone upgrading to 20mb is supposed to get a hub
I would stick with the modem much simpler to setup.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-08-2010, 20:45   #662
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I would stick with the modem much simpler to setup.
Agreed - not sure what value the hub would add, as I have two routers of my own (I know it is 'n', but to get the benefit, I would have to buy 4 x 'n' bits of kit for the PCs and laptops).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2010, 20:47   #663
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
Agreed - not sure what value the hub would add, as I have two routers of my own (I know it is 'n', but to get the benefit, I would have to buy 4 x 'n' bits of kit for the PCs and laptops).
The important thing is that it all works fine.
Old 19-08-2010, 20:50   #664
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

QFT
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2010, 20:51   #665
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
QFT
As you never received the hub then you should have at least been sent a router if not call up and ask for it to be sent out.
Old 21-08-2010, 00:09   #666
zing_deleted

had a cracking few days in and around Weston Super Mare and even the weather stayed good for the most part
Old 22-08-2010, 19:02   #667
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Peter - who just made a model motorbike up with me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike_one.jpg (83.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg bike_two.jpg (60.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg bike_three.jpg (74.3 KB, 22 views)
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 20:53   #668
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligaf-1701 View Post
Peter - who just made a model motorbike up with me
Good to see that you had professional help.

Looks good.
Old 24-08-2010, 17:21   #669
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The agency called today, still no news on the CTC, but he then said was I intrested in another job similar role, but working for HR, pays £2 ph more than the other job.

The only thing is I have to do a 2 day trial this Thursday & Friday with 4 other people. Out of these 1 will be selected to work until the end of October with the team doing the job, if it's not me I will have the other job, which also ends in October to fall back on to.

So tomorrow I will sign off, and NOT attend there stupid JSA 6 month review job search.

I only hope I can get rid of this dam cold.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 17:57   #670
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Got me and my step mum a scratch card each, we randomly picked one and guess who won a tenner.... not me , it was her birthday last week so she can buy herself something nice.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 18:00   #671
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrankie View Post
Got me and my step mum a scratch card each, we randomly picked one and guess who won a tenner.... not me , it was her birthday last week so she can buy herself something nice.
You bought 2 scratch cards and your step mum won so that was her late birthday present.

Your words not mine.
Old 24-08-2010, 18:07   #672
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
You bought 2 scratch cards and your step mum won so that was her late birthday present.

Your words not mine.
Nooo omg your like Chuck Norris, you always turn up!, i meant extra birthday spends .

Now did that make sense?
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 19:05   #673
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrankie View Post
Nooo omg your like Chuck Norris, you always turn up!, i meant extra birthday spends .

Now did that make sense?
Not if you mean from yourself.
Old 25-08-2010, 12:09   #674
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Just seen ET The Extra Terrestrial (20th Anniversary, Special Edition), with my nephew and niece.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 13:23   #675
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I've only got a second interview with the selection team at Circa Anglia next week , if this goes well I will have a job out of it
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote