Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Super league

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Super league

Old 11-10-2014, 19:40   #661
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Super league

Old 11-10-2014, 19:46   #662
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

They're **** St.helens, Warrington were a much much better side. We would have thrashed this lot if it wasn't for Flower
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 19:48   #663
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Indeed he has cost us the match in my opinion.
Old 11-10-2014, 19:54   #664
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
They're **** St.helens, Warrington were a much much better side. We would have thrashed this lot if it wasn't for Flower
Warrington V Wigan would have made a far better final i agree.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 19:53 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

PM me with your address i will send tissues.

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

Quote:
I'm nervous!! Got a feeling we are going to lose this one :/
Sorry to say you were right, hopefully we shall meet in the final next year and show them what a proper final is like.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 19:56   #665
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Warrington V Wigan would have made a far better final i agree.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 19:53 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

PM me with your address i will send tissues.

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

Sorry to say you were right

You are very kind old bean.
Old 11-10-2014, 23:44   #666
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Great to see thuggish behaviour rewarded.....
Old 12-10-2014, 12:42   #667
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Great to see thuggish behaviour rewarded.....
This is shocking

Quote:
Ben Flower: Shaun Wane 'will stand by' dismissed Wigan prop

Asked how he could defend the punch, Wane responded: "You can't. It's a rush of blood.

"It's the Wigan-Saints derby and everybody is getting whacked off the ball and he made an error.

"He'll be really upset with what he's done to his team-mates, but that's just the character and why we love Ben Flower so much.
What about the man he knocked out and then hit full in the face on the ground.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/29586010

Some of the forum posters Here think the Police should get involved based on the fact he punched an unconscious defenseless man on the ground.

quote from twitter
Quote:
No such thing as bad publicity is wrong.

A few Twitter messages.

Barrow Police: "When out and about tonight don't act like @WiganWarriorsRL Ben Flower or you will end up #bangedupinbarrow"

QPR midfielder Joey Barton: "Actually feel a bit sorry for Ben Flower. Lance started it with his elbow. Superb first dig from Flower. Second when he's KO'd is out of order."

Former England rugby union player Brian Moore: "Ben Flower - his first punch was retaliation for a cheap shot on him; second one was unforgiveable."

Former Wigan winger Martin Offiah: "Second punch Flower threw was over the top but in Rugby League if you forearm somebody in the face you can't complain if he clocks you one if I had done what Lance did I'd expect a slap. You play with fire you get burnt man. Lance Hohia will never attack Ben Flower again. Not condoning second punch on a prone player. I don't remember trying to take on a prop. You don't attack props and there was some provocation. If by stating that it makes me Satan then so be it."

Former England striker Gary Lineker: "If only other team sports could match the on-field behaviour of football."

Former England striker Michael Owen: "In China but just seen those punches in the Super League Grand Final on Twitter. First one was shocking but the second one was a disgrace. Can you imagine the outcry if a footballer did that? Can sort of understand the first punch after being provoked but to hit someone again when they are already out cold is hard to understand."

It will bring nothing but embarrassment to the sport.
Just seen this (warning some swearing in it)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=938394902841628

Old 12-10-2014, 13:16   #668
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

I think they got it right last night on sky, the players get themselves so worked up before the game, especially one like last night, Flower just went too far. He got the elbow to the face and overreacted, its not like the guy has a record of doing this before. He made a mistake and will have to live with it the rest of his career and you can almost guarantee he won't do anything that stupid again. I think Wigan are right to stand by him, people make mistakes, he deserves another chance.
Old 12-10-2014, 13:22   #669
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
I think they got it right last night on sky, the players get themselves so worked up before the game, especially one like last night, Flower just went too far. He got the elbow to the face and overreacted, its not like the guy has a record of doing this before. He made a mistake and will have to live with it the rest of his career and you can almost guarantee he won't do anything that stupid again. I think Wigan are right to stand by him, people make mistakes, he deserves another chance.
Have you seen this ?

What does that say when the coach tells them to knock people out in the next game. ????

Old 12-10-2014, 13:33   #670
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Yeah it doesn't sound good after what happened last night, i'm pretty he sure he didn't mean punching a bloke when hes lying on the ground though.
Old 12-10-2014, 13:34   #671
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Have you seen this ?

What does that say when the coach tells them to knock people out in the next game. ????
He should resign forthwith as that sets a terrible example to youngsters.
Old 12-10-2014, 13:40   #672
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Yeah it doesn't sound good after what happened last night, i'm pretty he sure he didn't mean punching a bloke when hes lying on the ground though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
He should resign forthwith as that sets a terrible example to youngsters.
Well the Wigan club and the RFL need to deal with it quickly and then the game can move on. There is some great Rugby league coming over the next few months.

Old 13-10-2014, 11:49   #673
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Now confirmed that the police are investigating

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/29593523

Quote:
Grand Final: Ben Flower punches being looked at by police

Greater Manchester Police are looking into the punches thrown by Wigan's Wales prop Ben Flower in Saturday's Grand Final defeat by St Helens.

Old 13-10-2014, 15:27   #674
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

The express is now after Wane.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/other...ane-Ben-Flower

Quote:
"KNOCK PEOPLE OUT!" barks a furious Wigan coach Shaun Wane.
Ben Flower became the first player to be sent off in Grand Final history"

I can't give you any more of a free reign than that. Be reckless because that's what is going to get us the f****** win next week! Is everybody clear on that?"

Warning swearing in the above clip
I think he needs to answer some questions ?

Old 13-10-2014, 17:20   #675
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Personally l would kick them both out of the club as they has done considerable damage to the image of Wigan.