Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2011/12

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Season 2011/12
Closed Thread

Old 26-08-2011, 10:40   #631
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Football Season 2011/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
That surprises me. Why would they get a automatic spot when their coefficient has been going down?
AFAIK It rose slightly just at the tail end of last year with Rangers UEFA cup run and it depends on other teams qualifying etc. But after that it will be a barren few years.
Advertisement
Old 26-08-2011, 10:42   #632
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
AFAIK It rose slightly just at the tail end of last year with Rangers UEFA cup run and it depends on other teams qualifying etc. But after that it will be a barren few years.
Ah. Pretty massive prize for Celtic or Rangers awaits then!
Old 26-08-2011, 11:01   #633
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I call rubbish. We have already meant to have higher bids for him several times according to the papers. That said he is in the last year of this contract as Bolton's valuation of £17 million is absurd.
If you look at what Phil Gartside (Bolton chairman) has said on twitter, i would say it's fairly accurate.
Old 26-08-2011, 11:46   #634
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
If you look at what Phil Gartside (Bolton chairman) has said on twitter, i would say it's fairly accurate.
Yeah seen that. Not quite sure why Bolton are going public to deride Wenger, screw them, it's not as if Cahill is the only decent centre back in the league. £6 million (think it was £7 million according to Coyle) is too low but their valuation at £17 million is equally mental. Let someone else take him for that price or get him on a free next year.

I say Wenger goes back to Everton or get's Dunn as cover for our existing CB pairing. I think a left back is needed more any a centre back anyway.
Old 26-08-2011, 11:53   #635
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Wenger was moaning about his players being undervalued and teams getting them on the cheap, and now he bids £6 million for Cahill....slightly hypocritical of him to say the least.
Old 26-08-2011, 12:56   #636
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Wenger was moaning about his players being undervalued and teams getting them on the cheap, and now he bids £6 million for Cahill....slightly hypocritical of him to say the least.
Where? I believe he was moaning about the public pursuit of players, not private bids made.

EDIT: Wenger is saying the £6 million fee is wrong.
Old 26-08-2011, 15:48   #637
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Scott Parker set to join Spurs according to latest reports.

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

Europa League group stage draw

Group A: TOTTENHAM, Rubin Kazan, PAOK Salonika, Shamrock Rovers

Group B: FC Copenhagen, Standard Liege, Hannover, Vorskla Poltava

Group C: PSV Eindhoven, Hapoel Tel-Aviv, Rapid Bucharest, Legia Warsaw

Group D: Sporting Lisbon, Lazio, FC Zurich, FC Vaslui

Group E: Dynamo Kiev, Besiktas, STOKE, Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Group F: Paris St Germain, Athletic Bilbao, Salzburg, Slovan Bratislava

Group G: AZ Alkmaar, Metalist Kharkiv, Austria Vienna, Malmo

Group H: Braga, Club Brugge, BIRMINGHAM, Maribor

Group I: Atletico Madrid, Udinese, Rennes, Sion

Group J: Schalke, Steaua Bucharest, Maccabi Haifa, AEK Larnaca

Group K: FC Twente, FULHAM, Odense, Wisla Krakow

Group L: Anderlecht, AEK Athens, Lokomotiv Moscow, Sturm Graz

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

Joey Barton signs 4 year deal with QPR
Old 26-08-2011, 19:17   #638
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive

Services: Sky Q
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all

Quote:
The only reason Celtic and Rangers are not already in the Premiership is because of the question of how to do it. Otherwise it would have already been done.
Why should they go in at Prem? Let them work up like every other team has to. Or, better still, tell 'em to bugger off.

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Quote:
We have already meant to have higher bids for him several times according to the papers. That said he is in the last year of this contract as Bolton's valuation of £17 million is absurd.
So what was Arsenal's valuation of Nasri?
Old 26-08-2011, 19:30   #639
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLUFC22 View Post
So what was Arsenal's valuation of Nasri?
Well Nasri is a better player than Cahill and a more expensive position. However he was overvalued but that's Man City's problem .
Old 26-08-2011, 19:38   #640
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive

Services: Sky Q
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Well Nasri is a better player than Cahill and a more expensive position. However he was overvalued but that's Man City's problem .
I agree with your second part, however, I don't recall Nasri being anything special apart from the first half of last season (2010/11). Can I ask a question, do you genuinely believe Arsenal can go any further under Wenger?
I'm not for a moment suggesting he be sacked, he's done too much for Arsenal and deserves huge respect. However, I think he would be better handing over to a manager not afraid to spend and who is more in touch with the modern game, with Wenger staying on as Head of Youth Development or whatever fancy title you want to give it. Not many have a better track record of bringing youngsters through.
Old 26-08-2011, 19:55   #641
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I agree with your second part, however, I don't recall Nasri being anything special apart from the first half of last season (2010/11). Can I ask a question, do you genuinely believe Arsenal can go any further under Wenger?
I'm not for a moment suggesting he be sacked, he's done too much for Arsenal and deserves huge respect. However, I think he would be better handing over to a manager not afraid to spend and who is more in touch with the modern game, with Wenger staying on as Head of Youth Development or whatever fancy title you want to give it. Not many have a better track record of bringing youngsters through.
Wenger is a tough one. i wouldn't suggest he be sacked, if i was a fan, but equally, I'd want him to relax the purse strings...now..not later.

Arsenal with about 3 players (but better with 5) could challenge. But they can't afford to give both man city or the other half of that city (narky neighbours?)..any more of a start.
Old 26-08-2011, 20:00   #642
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l think Arsene Wenger deserves to be given time based on his great record over 15 years and where does it get you by replacing managers all the time.
Old 26-08-2011, 20:02   #643
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l think Arsene Wenger deserves to be given time based on his great record over 15 years and where does it get you by replacing managers all the time.
One might say that 15 years is not "all the time" , but i agree with you
Old 26-08-2011, 20:02   #644
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Wenger will now go shopping seeing as the mugs have pretty much done all their business and wont interfere
Old 26-08-2011, 20:04   #645
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I agree with your second part, however, I don't recall Nasri being anything special apart from the first half of last season (2010/11).
Me either. All the more reason the sale was good! Especially if we get Eden Hazard.

Quote:
Can I ask a question, do you genuinely believe Arsenal can go any further under Wenger?
Yes. He reinvented our club and even his recent record is good given the resources he had at his disposal. I agree with this sensible spending policy, only spend what you can make and never, ever, risk the club.

I think we all agree he needs some new players. I want a left back, M'Vila, Hazard and a forward.
Closed Thread