Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 21-03-2012, 10:26   #631
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

How much of the 250 gig HDD is reserved for Anytime+ Downloads? I know the 1TB is actaully a 1.5TB HDD and 500 gig is resevered for Anytime+
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-03-2012, 10:33   #632
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
How much of the 250 gig HDD is reserved for Anytime+ Downloads? I know the 1TB is actaully a 1.5TB HDD and 500 gig is resevered for Anytime+
The 250gb box is actually 500gb with 250gb reserved for Anytime the other 250 is your personal planner allowing 60hrs HD recording.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 10:40   #633
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The 250gb box is actually 500gb with 250gb reserved for Anytime the other 250 is your personal planner allowing 60hrs HD recording.
Thanks. Its a shame you cant change the partition info to make more room for recordings and less for Anytime+
Old 21-03-2012, 11:13   #634
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Thanks. Its a shame you cant change the partition info to make more room for recordings and less for Anytime+
No need from Sky's POV all their boxes equal or better TIVO on storage.
Old 21-03-2012, 12:18   #635
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
No need from Sky's POV all their boxes equal or better TIVO on storage.
That is true. Just had a thought. Even thou i have just had Sky installed can i buy a 1TB box from else where (not Sky direct) and if so will it work as soon as i plug it in and put in my vewing card or would i need to ring them up to say i have a new box?

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

Sorry to ask yet another question (suprised i havnt been shot yet) but im having issues with series links. I do a series link on planner and its not recording them all, it only shows a few its going to record and thats in playyer any tv guide. I did a series link for MOTD on my iPhone using Sky+ app and when it got to the box it didnt have the green series link line to it so i had to put that on manaully but phone said series link was sent, do i have a fault with the box? I have done a Sky+ rebuild a few times and same thing

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Ahhh, ok. That blows a hole in my theory then

I notice that downloading things from anytime+ causes the record light on the box to turn on. Does this mean that we're unable to record a further 2 channels when downloading?
You can download and record 2 programs at same time. Ive just tried it now. Downloading from Anytime plus while recording Sky News and MTV Music
Old 21-03-2012, 13:03   #636
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

You can buy a box anywhere however you have to ring to pair the card with the box. I'll try a series link from my iPhone for MOTD , I'll let you know if it reaches the box correctly.
Old 21-03-2012, 13:13   #637
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
You can buy a box anywhere however you have to ring to pair the card with the box. I'll try a series link from my iPhone for MOTD , I'll let you know if it reaches the box correctly.
Thanks
Old 21-03-2012, 14:02   #638
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Sky names IPTV service Now TV.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/uks-...ent-on-demand/
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 14:41   #639
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks
My MOTD series link sent from my iPhone arrived no problems and was a working series link. Here's how Sky+ series link work as they are different to TIVO.

Say Episode one of Hawaii Five O is on Sunday night at 9pm on Sky One HD and you've set a series link for it youll see that episode in your planner , once that episode has aired and been recorded you'll see Episode 2 in your planner and so on , basically you'll only see the next episode listed. Hope that makes sense.

Just checked myself and you are correct you can record two shows whilst downloading and watching Anytime+.
Old 21-03-2012, 15:06   #640
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
It will be interesting to see how they price this service up as they have to be careful that they don't price it too high in order to compete with other competitors.
Old 21-03-2012, 17:43   #641
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
I did a series link for MOTD on my iPhone using Sky+ app and when it got to the box it didnt have the green series link line to it so i had to put that on manaully but phone said series link was sent, do i have a fault with the box? I have done a Sky+ rebuild a few times and same thing.

You can download and record 2 programs at same time. Ive just tried it now. Downloading from Anytime plus while recording Sky News and MTV Music
Thanks for checking the Anytime+ downloading for me lads.

I had the same problem with sending series links from my iPad & iPhone. The solution I found was to unplug the box, hold the backup button on the box and then plug the box back in whilst keeping back up pressed down. After a few seconds you'll see an updating screen. Once the update has been completed, wait 3 minutes before turning it back on as normal.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 17:48   #642
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:

I had the same problem with sending series links from my iPad & iPhone. The solution I found was to unplug the box, hold the backup button on the box and then plug the box back in whilst keeping back up pressed down. After a few seconds you'll see an updating screen. Once the update has been completed, wait 3 minutes before turning it back on as normal.
Excellent advice , occasionally the installer can forget to update the firmware , this happened to me on my multiroom install and the procedure you've described remedied it.
Old 21-03-2012, 19:20   #643
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
My MOTD series link sent from my iPhone arrived no problems and was a working series link. Here's how Sky+ series link work as they are different to TIVO.

Say Episode one of Hawaii Five O is on Sunday night at 9pm on Sky One HD and you've set a series link for it youll see that episode in your planner , once that episode has aired and been recorded you'll see Episode 2 in your planner and so on , basically you'll only see the next episode listed. Hope that makes sense.

Just checked myself and you are correct you can record two shows whilst downloading and watching Anytime+.
Thanks for checking. I seemed a bit weired

Quote:

Glad it wasnt just me. Ill try it a bit later and let you know what happens

Quote:
Excellent advice , occasionally the installer can forget to update the firmware , this happened to me on my multiroom install and the procedure you've described remedied it.
He was a bad engineer so i blame him. I cut my cables for freesat and for my Virgin so i cant have Virgin in the bedroom now unless i get VM to redo the install. I was very mad as if i wanted to go back to VM imn the 14 day period i have with Sky i now cant unless i oay for an install again

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Its intresting. Hope the price is good for us.
Old 22-03-2012, 12:46   #644
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Scripps buys Travel Channel Int'l

Scripps Networks Interactive (Who own Food Network and part own UKTV (Dave and Watch)) will pay £65m (US$102.7m) to acquire Travel Channel International Limited (TCI), the UK-based distributor of the Travel Channel brand across EMEA and Asia Pacific.

http://www.c21media.net/archives/788...m_medium=email
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 12:55   #645
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

I noticed before leaving for work this morning that Behind Enemy Lines has a deletion date of 31st March. This has been downloaded from Anytime+ and saved to my Planner, will that still apply?
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote