Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 17-05-2015, 12:14   #466
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Managed to get Documents folder back, but 2 of those as well again.
Did you do a clean install as that is always the best way to go?
Old 17-05-2015, 13:15   #467
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter

Theres to many Contradictions.
They said said before pirate win7 and win8 will get it free as well.
they say Windows 10 free for testers.
Then they say only free valid license Windows 7 and win8.
there so many contradiction so far I read.
All saying different things. It's not clear if testers really will get Windows 10 free. For nothing without having Windows 7 or 8 licence.
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2015, 13:22   #468
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Not since attempt 3 last night, would that be the best way to go now? Hope not as have it running smoothly now. If I have to put up with it then I will. Just a bit confusing really.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2015, 13:30   #469
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Not since attempt 3 last night, would that be the best way to go now? Hope not as have it running smoothly now. If I have to put up with it then I will. Just a bit confusing really.
If you have everything working how you like it just wait for a new build until release as it is a pain to reinstall everything.
Old 17-05-2015, 13:41   #470
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

Yeah, will wait for next build to come out. Which is better, the slow or fast setting in updates for 10?
Old 17-05-2015, 13:55   #471
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Yeah, will wait for next build to come out. Which is better, the slow or fast setting in updates for 10?
Personally i use the slow setting as it is probably more stable but i only did my first clean install of Windows 10 a week ago so i didn't want to take the risk of things not working.
Old 17-05-2015, 19:57   #472
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Having just read through this

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/win...raspberry-pi-2

It doesn't look ike the Pi2 is not getting a 'proper' release of windows 10 - well at least not yet.

Ah well, I guess I'll stick with Ubuntu Mate or Raspian for now
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2015, 21:31   #473
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Anyone else having trouble doing multiple tasks on Windows 10? Right now, was watching a video in Media Player Classic and tried loading 3 web pages. They said loading until I shut the Media Player down, and wham they loaded instantly.
Old 17-05-2015, 21:45   #474
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Anyone else having trouble doing multiple tasks on Windows 10? Right now, was watching a video in Media Player Classic and tried loading 3 web pages. They said loading until I shut the Media Player down, and wham they loaded instantly.
Just tried replicating the problem ~ no trouble here
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2015, 21:47   #475
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

No trouble here also, this is on a clean install and was using Google Chrome and watching 1080p media.

You say Media player classic is that just the normal windows media player in 10 as that is what i am using?
Old 17-05-2015, 22:51   #476
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

No, installed with a codec pack. I think I found the problem, Windows Update popped up telling me it had failed to install an update. Stopped everything, did the update and working as normal now.
Old 17-05-2015, 22:53   #477
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I didn't think we needed codec packs installed these days on Windows, windows 10 even supports mkv native now.
Old 17-05-2015, 22:59   #478
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Just habit I'm afraid. So used to having to install the pack every install.
Old 17-05-2015, 23:03   #479
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Just habit I'm afraid. So used to having to install the pack every install.
Maybe try it without the pack, no point installing it if not needed and may solve other problems.
Old 18-05-2015, 09:55   #480
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Windows 10 is working pretty well for me, no multitasking issues etc, and I haven't used a codec pack in years also.

Well one small thing, the Start Menu will not work, at all. Using Classic Shell for the time being, the Update MS released to fix it didn't work either, weird.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote