Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sherlock BBC mini series

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sherlock BBC mini series

Old 08-08-2010, 23:18   #31
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Sherlock BBC mini series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
This is a bit like the US series Monk.
Nah!

Anyway I'm not sure about Moriarty.Too effete for my liking..

I rather like the love hate relationship between Holmes and Watson though.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:00   #32
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Very good finale, much better than episode 2.

Moriarty wasn't what I was expecting, however.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:25   #33
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Very good finale, much better than episode 2.

Moriarty wasn't what I was expecting, however.
I persevered with Eps 1 & 2 and decided it wasn't for me. However after reading your intriguing post I suppose I must now watch Ep 3.

Luckily it is still languishing on my PVR.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:54   #34
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Moriarty was superb. He's so unlike what you were expecting to show up on screen, and at the same time is probably what a true sociopathic criminal genius would really be like.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 13:22   #35
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

If that ending doesn't open the way for a full series then someone in the BBC has missed a great opportunity.
Old 10-08-2010, 13:42   #36
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Sherlock WILL be Back!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-10925753
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 15:16   #37
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

Great news. Thanks for the link haydn.
Old 10-08-2010, 15:21   #38
dan dority
cf.member

Services: XL tv and sports L broadband
dan dority will become famous soon enoughdan dority will become famous soon enoughdan dority will become famous soon enough

im watching the first episode just now and i am well impressed.
dan dority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 17:57   #39
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

My wife and I hated Moriaty!

We thought episode 1 was great, episode 2 was a bit dull. Then episode 3 was pretty good, until the last 10 mins when it turned into pantomime rubbish, bad enough to put us off watching further episodes

I read that it's been picked up by a US channel for prime time, so that should give the BBC enough money to milk it.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 18:24   #40
speedfreak
Inactive

Services: VM phone TV 50Mbps BB
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnwalker View Post
excellent news, loved all 3 of them, especially the twist at the end but to be honest I saw that coming when he came in to the hospital lab room though I was brought up on Poirot from a young age. Even better news they will remain 90mins long, cant wait
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 14:38   #41
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Series 1 episode 1, "A Study in Pink", is free today on iTunes as part of Apple's "12 Days of Christmas". SD *and* HD.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/tv-seaso...09?i=384297309
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote