Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2012 Pre-Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2012 Pre-Season
Closed Thread

Old 17-01-2012, 13:31   #31
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: Formula 1 2012 Pre-Season

I'm pleased that Bruno has joined Williams, but hope Rubens finds a new team for 2012. I've been a fan of his for years, even though he was never a title challenger.

I'm also hoping that the title race is more of a race this season without Vettel running away with it all the time. For me, anyone but Alonso can win the title.
Advertisement
Old 17-01-2012, 13:37   #32
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I'm pleased that Bruno has joined Williams, but hope Rubens finds a new team for 2012. I've been a fan of his for years, even though he was never a title challenger.

I'm also hoping that the title race is more of a race this season without Vettel running away with it all the time. For me, anyone but Alonso can win the title.
Yes Alonso is the one person l have never liked and never will like.
Old 17-01-2012, 13:40   #33
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

I have no idea why I don't like Alonso. There is just something I can't put my finger on as to why he makes me dislike him.
Old 17-01-2012, 14:02   #34
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I have no idea why I don't like Alonso. There is just something I can't put my finger on as to why he makes me dislike him.
To me I have always felt all along, that Fernando Alonso is one of the most spineless, cowardly, egotistical, and insecure drivers in the history of motorsports racing and there are many many times in the last 6 or 7 years where he has shown those qualities in abundance.
Old 17-01-2012, 14:55   #35
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Never liked Alonso, my own viewpoint is that he's an arrogant little dummy spitter.

As far as Ruben's I'd had thought he would have retired at the end of last season, he's had a good run but should allow the younger drivers to come up into a spot he's taking up. He'll very easily grab a spot in the media as he's a really likeable chap.
Old 25-01-2012, 18:13   #36
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Caterham is the first team to have their CT01 car unveiled this year

Old 25-01-2012, 18:18   #37
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Yeah l saw a clip on SSN earlier and it looks like a nice car and its amazing that we are only 7 and a bit weeks to the start of the 2012 season and hopefully a title challenging one by the McLaren team.
Old 25-01-2012, 18:49   #38
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Looks a nice car, I like that shade of green.

Timeline of car unveilings, taken from the BBC Sport article on the Chaterham car.

McLaren - Feb 1
Ferrari - Feb 3
Force India - Feb 3
Lotus - Feb 5
Sauber - Feb 6
Red Bull - Feb 6
Mercedes - Feb 21
Toro Rosso - TBA
Williams - TBA
Marussia - TBA
HRT - TBA
Old 31-01-2012, 11:43   #39
denphone
Still alive and fighting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16810585

Quote:
German Formula 1 driver Adrian Sutil has been convicted of causing grievous bodily harm to a F1 team owner and given an 18-month suspended sentence.

A court in Munich reached the verdict after a two-day trial. The German driver was also ordered to pay a 200,000 euro (£167,224; $264,092) fine.

Renault F1 executive Eric Lux suffered cuts during the incident in a Shanghai nightclub last April.

Sutil, aged 29, has already apologised over the incident.
Old 01-02-2012, 13:35   #40
denphone
Still alive and fighting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/16831074

Quote:
McLaren have unveiled the car Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button hope will win one of them the drivers' title.

Hamilton described the MP4-27, unveiled at the team's Surrey base, as "the finest-looking car we've had for some time".

The car features a notably tightly packaged rear end, after the fashion of the Red Bull that has dominated Formula 1 for the last two seasons.

"We're excited. I'm sure every team is a little apprehensive," Button said.

Among other notable features, the car does not have the platypus-style nose that is expected to feature on many designs this year as a result of a change in the rules requiring a lower nose height.
Old 01-02-2012, 14:04   #41
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

I watched the unveiling of the car on SSN, and it does look a good car. Let's just hope that come Australia it will be competitive straight away and not like last year where the car got better towards the end of the season.

Looking forward to seeing Force India and Ferrari cars on Friday.

Slightly off topic (but not by much), what happened to the international racing league? A1 racing or something like that. Google and Wikipedia are being pains today for me.
Old 01-02-2012, 14:23   #42
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I watched the unveiling of the car on SSN, and it does look a good car. Let's just hope that come Australia it will be competitive straight away and not like last year where the car got better towards the end of the season.

Looking forward to seeing Force India and Ferrari cars on Friday.

Slightly off topic (but not by much), what happened to the international racing league? A1 racing or something like that. Google and Wikipedia are being pains today for me.
Yes l am getting excited about the build up to the 2012 F1 season and it could be very interesting if McClaren up their ante this season.
Old 01-02-2012, 20:10   #43
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Some more pictures here:

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...2/2/12967.html

It does look a nice car...
Old 01-02-2012, 20:49   #44
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of
Re: Formula 1 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Probably the boring, ignorant, mono-syllabic git he was last time
Exactly what I thought, I was so glad when he left F1 .
Old 01-02-2012, 20:51   #45
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Re: Formula 1 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
Exactly what I thought, I was so glad when he left F1 .
l wish that egoistic sulker Alonso would do the same thing.