Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Scottish Football Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Scottish Football Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 19:47   #361
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post

Thats the worst disallowed goal I've ever seen. Maybe 'clarification' should be asked for.
What clarification is required?

The ball was clearly over the line. By the rules of the game a goal should have been awarded. The officials made a mistake.

Clarification is only required when officials seem to interpret the 17 laws of association football in a different way than those in the UEFA issued guidelines.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2013, 20:16   #362
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Well done to Ross County for beating Celtic, l was speaking with my brother in laws who are ardent Celts fans and he was saying that Rangers and Celtic should be playing in the English Conference League.

I cannot see those clubs agreeing to that happening with all the aggro that there fans bring with them.
Ha ha ha ha jog on. Celtic fans causing trouble on their travels eh nah.Benfica, Man Utd, Milan, Juventus, Barcelona, Spartak Moscow and many others when was the last time a conference side beat them eh ? All beaten by Celtic in recent seasons, two of them this season.Brother in law? Aye right. Your a troll who knows nothing and just spouts rubbish The zombies u may have a point with though, not sure they're good enough for that level

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

Thats the worst disallowed goal I've ever seen. Maybe 'clarification' should be asked for.
Erm u sure Deeek? Think u may want to try again, not guilty, u sure, really wow and u uphold the law and you can't tell the difference noticed you dodged every other point.

Hurting, deny, deflect, delude.
Old 15-03-2013, 20:34   #363
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

More threats, more boycotts from the Tonight Matthews
Old 15-03-2013, 21:49   #364
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

I'm not convinced about Friday night football but I enjoyed the Well v Hibees game tonight. James McFadden showing that he's still got it in short bursts.

I wonder if BT Sport will continue with Friday night SPL next season.?

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
More threats, more boycotts from the Tonight Matthews
Making friends all the time in their adventure.
Old 15-03-2013, 22:50   #365
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Would love a Friday night game at Celtic Park
Old 16-03-2013, 19:35   #366
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Today's game is why we go to football. 3-1 down midway through second half. 3-2 with 10 or so to go and a 4-3 win in the end, including a last minute Sammy overhead kick
Old 16-03-2013, 20:26   #367
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Today's game is why we go to football. 3-1 down midway through second half. 3-2 with 10 or so to go and a 4-3 win in the end, including a last minute Sammy overhead kick
I missed the first goal, running late because youngest daughter had a dance thing on. Missed last 2 goals because eldest daughter, 11yo, needed the toilet

I did feel sorry for her. She was at a very cross legged stage before she had to go. She's usually the one who wants to stay to the very end.

Looking forward to the highlights now.
Old 16-03-2013, 21:23   #368
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

People have hit the right point regarding Scottish football on BT Vision.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 21:40   #369
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Would love a Friday night game at Celtic Park
I'm not sure about Friday night football. It wouldn't suit a lot of people. Quite a few people I know are in the same position as myself in that they go with their children. There are quite a few kids clubs on Friday nights and Saturday mornings.

Most of the boys have football on a Saturday morning as do some girls, others have dancing, drama or swimming lessons etc

The last Sunday game at Celtic Park coincided with my daughter's confirmation. I reckon there were at least 26 season tickets (parent and child) that I knew about from the 2 classes. It's rare that we miss a home game but Friday night fixtures would be far more problematic.
Old 17-03-2013, 15:11   #370
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Goallllll Hearts
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 18:07   #371
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Delighted for the Saints, fully deserved, great scenes at the end.
Old 17-03-2013, 19:15   #372
LondonRoad
Inactive

Enjoyed the final today.

Good crowd, good atmosphere, good goals made for an exciting game up to the very end. If this is what armageddon brings then bring it on
Old 20-03-2013, 23:44   #373
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Source: The Daily Record

"DUNFERMLINE have been given a week to pay their debt to the taxman or the 128-year-old club faces the prospect of liquidation.

The Pars owe £134,000 in unpaid tax arrears and HMRC published a public notice yesterday of the winding-up order they have served on the club.

That means the Fifers have until March 27 to settle their debt.

Dunfermline also understood to owe around £8million to directors past and present and have repeatedly failed to pay their players on time this season.

It was confirmed earlier this month that Jefferies' squad and other staff received just 20 per cent of their wages."

Even if someone can pay HMRC Dunfermline seem to be carrying a lot of debt for a first division club. I think we are getting closer to another liquidation.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 10:09   #374
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Really hope Dunfermline survive.
Old 21-03-2013, 18:29   #375
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Really hope Dunfermline survive.
I work beside 2 Dunfermline fans. Both have suggested all the club are trying to do, by raising the funds for HMRC, is paper over some very big cracks. Surprisingly both have suggested that liquidation may be the best long term solution for their club.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote