Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Scottish Football Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Scottish Football Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 16:59   #346
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
rather negative statement, but typical of a gers fan.

On that basis, no team would make it into the premier league.

You need to remember, most fans in Scotland are content not to have rangers in the premier league...despite rangers bleating
Negative but honest. Most fans are happy, so happy they can't be bothered going to support their local teams.

Still no Glasgow derby next year, no Edinburgh derby. I'm sure sky will be throwing money at the Scottish game to broadcast it.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2013, 17:15   #347
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Very. Within the end of the year even with the authorities bending over backward to help them by advancing money to them.

Hearts aren't much better. The rugs about to be pulled from under them now mad Vlad has lost control of his bank.
Nothing to worry about. The standard has been set.

It's the companies that running the clubs that are in trouble. The clubs go on forever. ..... and on, and on, Annan, Annan, Annan

With those 5 billion knuckle draggin Sevco supporters worldwide hoping for Scottish football to collapse we haven't got a chance. It's armageddon, armagannan, I tell you.

Are you seriously telling us that a PC in strathclyde polis isn't aware of the free tickets being handed out in his own patch when the rest of the country is. Back to tec school for you Deek.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 17:30   #348
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Gutted today, hard game midweek and 5 or 6 missing today but still shouldn't be losing to the second bottom team in Scotland, that is truly truly embarrassing, oh wait it was the second top team in Scotland we lost to, pffft second bottom in the whole of Scotland imagine lol

On Hearts and Dunfermline, think fans of other clubs would like to see them pull through and would support in any way they could. The difference between them and Ranjurs RIP is that their fans haven't blamed everyone else for what they've done or verbally threatened every other side in Scotland on the back of it. Celtic will bounce back from a defeat. Hope Hearts and Dunfermline bounce back too. The tonight Matthews are a spent laughing stock already
Old 09-03-2013, 17:31   #349
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Negative but honest. Most fans are happy, so happy they can't be bothered going to support their local teams.

Still no Glasgow derby next year, no Edinburgh derby. I'm sure sky will be throwing money at the Scottish game to broadcast it.
Not getting at you...just the attitude that life doesn't go on without rangers..it does

Scottish football has been going downhill for 20 odd years. Partly I blame the silly salaries (includes the bung loans at rangers), partly I blame the coaching system..where if you can run for 90 minutes..you get a game...regardless of your skill level.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 17:39   #350
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Not getting at you...just the attitude that life doesn't go on without rangers..it does

And would be better without them. When a national broadcaster has to apologise on air repeatedly as their "fans" sing of hate and paedophelia with gusto and their manager says he didn't hear it, when the former club screwed tens of millions from the country, do we want that? No it's absolutely shameful. Remorse? No Threats? Yes. The Rangers RIP and zombie way. Derek in fairness doesn't know any better the majority of their fans are the same.
Old 09-03-2013, 19:13   #351
Derek
Inactive

Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
Are you seriously telling us that a PC in strathclyde polis isn't aware of the free tickets being handed out in his own patch when the rest of the country is. Back to tec school for you Deek.
I'm more aware than you know about the goings on in football clubs across the west of Scotland. Yes Rangers hand out freebies, guess what? so do celtic, so do St Mirren, so do every other professional team in Scotland.

What I find puzzling is why celtic fans seem to be hell bent on making it seem like Rangers are the only team who do this to the extent of photoshopping tickets to 'prove' they are freebies.

Maybe if they were more concerned with talking about their own teams their manager wouldn't have to beg for them to renew their season tickets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
And would be better without them. When a national broadcaster has to apologise on air repeatedly as their "fans" sing of hate and paedophelia with gusto and their manager says he didn't hear it,
Yes we have some halfwits amongst our support. Guess what? Every team does.

A man has been arrested accused of racially abusing two former Rangers players.
Police hunt football fans who chanted sectarian songs on train home from two SPL games
A HEARTS fan was arrested after making "offensive" gestures to Spurs fans earlier this season.

I do find it quite surprising that the BBC removed any reference to the IRA supporting songs being sung openly in Italy midweek when any comment bringing attention to them were placed on their website.

I find it quite refreshing that the Rangers management try to address the problem rather than pretending it doesn't exist. Remind me again how celtic are getting on in finding and banning the supporters responsible for the misspelt anti-remembrance day banner a few years back?

Quote:
when the former club screwed tens of millions from the country, do we want that? No it's absolutely shameful. Remorse? No Threats? Yes. The Rangers RIP and zombie way.
Making up figures again. Your own manger uses tax avoidance strategies. Rangers didn't pay the taxes when Whyte was in charge, everything else was above board.

Remember Rangers were not the only team in Scotland to use EBT's. Another team did and tried to hide the fact. Still waiting for the witchhunt against them to begin.

Quote:
It does. It doesn't seem to be going particularly well for some teams.
St. Mirren had 3,394 fans today against Dundee Utd. For a town of 80,000 or so thats utterly pathetic. The claims of a lively league without the old firm dominating everything making attendances, the money coming in and standards of football improve have been utterly false.
Old 09-03-2013, 19:43   #352
Henkesghost
Sceptic

laughing at you Derek, laughing at you, deny, deflect, delude

Everything above board? Side contracts £50 million? Guilty, the list goes on, maybe only £250,000 fine (the biggest in history up here) maybe scared to do more, remember your clubs "fans" penchant for deaths threats, even to the aged chairmen of Raith? Despicable. Some half wits? Thousands singing sick sick bile. You got 30,000 or so paying average £13? No actual evidence of share issue money? Take The Tetleytwit's word for it Stadium falling apart. Management dealing with it??? Mmm? FatPaulLeGuen's " I didn't hear anything" pathetic

EBT's ? Celtic paid one Juninho, contacted the tax office and paid in full. Imagine eh paying your bills? Think you should maybe look closer for Turin police's opinion and Juve as a clubs opinion of Celtic fans. Look for Barca's opinion of us and Ranjurs RIP fans, mayor said to your mob, dont come back, Manchester? You just making it up Deek, sad

Notice you weren't at the game today? Do you go?

Deny, deflect, delude, threaten,

Laughing at you Derek and your tribute act small small, but very noisy football team
Old 09-03-2013, 19:56   #353
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

So all these fans turn up at the bigotdome for league games but 20000 miss the more important cup games? Sure Deek sure. You don't sound deluded at all.

It's concerning that somebody of your standing in the community would rather use the defence of whitabootery rather than condemn the offensive chants of your fellow supporters.

I love your comparison from "a few years back". I've never witnessed anything so offensive as the jingoistic neo-nazi display that Ibrokes hosted under the guise of remembrance day last year
Old 09-03-2013, 20:11   #354
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
So all these fans turn up at the bigotdome for league games but 20000 miss the more important cup games? Sure Deek sure. You don't sound deluded at all.

It's concerning that somebody of your standing in the community would rather use the defence of whitabootery rather than condemn the offensive chants of your fellow supporters.

I love your comparison from "a few years back". I've never witnessed anything so offensive as the jingoistic neo-nazi display that Ibrokes hosted under the guise of remembrance day last year
As someone who works with the military I can assure you that they were appalled that this was allowed to happen. The Army will not allow it to happen again, official.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:29   #355
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Apologies to any Motherwell fans. Ross County are 3rd
Old 10-03-2013, 11:41   #356
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Tut Tut.

Media Boy will be banning you from the coming soon threads
Old 10-03-2013, 14:23   #357
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

ouch...that was over the line by a mile
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 14:41   #358
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Who 2nd?

Ross County is the new Rangers.

I always look for the Ross County result every week as they are my 'wee team' as I want to caravan park beside the Ross County Park some years ago.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 18:53   #359
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Well done to Ross County for beating Celtic, l was speaking with my brother in laws who are ardent Celts fans and he was saying that Rangers and Celtic should be playing in the English Conference League.

I cannot see those clubs agreeing to that happening with all the aggro that there fans bring with them.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 19:30   #360
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
Deluded nonsense snipped.

I forgot you are the expert on all things tax related and financial who said categorically Rangers would be found guilty by the EBT tribunal.

How's that working our for you?

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

Quote:
ouch...that was over the line by a mile
Thats the worst disallowed goal I've ever seen. Maybe 'clarification' should be asked for.