Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rugby Union Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rugby Union Thread
Closed Thread

Old 24-02-2008, 12:25   #331
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: Rugby Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
They aren't the headlines on the BBC website for me Maybe they changed

Maybe it's because it was the last game on Saturday to be played
Yes it has changed now.
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2008, 17:52   #332
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I believe the appropriate expression is 'W00t'

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 08-03-2008, 18:40   #333
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Cardiff will be electric next week!!
Old 08-03-2008, 18:41   #334
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Grreat game in Croke Park....even better game in Murryfield, if you weren't Englsih
Old 09-03-2008, 07:13   #335
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

Great result yesterday but Mike Phillips and Martin Williams wants their heads read after their yellow cards. Any other side, meaning southern hemisphere would have ripped us apart with only 14 men. They were both worth a yellow card for sheer stupidity

The French wouldn't have been so benevolent in the circumstances just one more thing is it me or are we a good side in amongst some pretty average sides
Old 09-03-2008, 11:52   #336
Toto
Inactive

I'd say that Wales are just about above average.

What we have are the three other home nations with the same managers, trying, but not appearing to have a plan or the players to implement them.

Ireland have just lost their lucky charm in O'Driscal. England...well what can you say. They did good against France - more on that later - but they have players in there that just don't seem to get ball. That winger...Viasomethingorother, I thought he could tank his way through the outer defences? Paul Sacky has been the man, you need another like him. Wilkinson, what a superb points tally, considering his injuries. Something though is missing, he's just ot popping. England still have a fierce front five, but is there room to experiment?

Scotland, have been below par, but they did show some guts yesterday. The old Scottish - English rivalry always makes for a good game, and can add fire to the belly. Hadden must be in fear for his job though, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. I feel sorry for them as well, with only two teams in the Magners league, it can't be easy picking talent from them, and from Scottish players playing in southern border clubs.

France. Worrying. Great pool of talent, and a new manager. He will have been given time to pull things together, and has a strong talent pool to dip his toe into. Wales can beat them on their current form and take the Grand Slam. France will be runner ups unless their is an upset when they play Italy today. Loosing to England is never good, especially at home, but that team needs to experiment quickly.

Italy - Question, why aren't Argentina replacing them in the six nations?
Old 09-03-2008, 12:07   #337
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I think we're way above average.

Not great by any means but 'good'. I have to say I'm surprised at how Gatland has changed things and I'm sure as soon as the players get more used to him we'll have a return to the glory days of the late 70s.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 09-03-2008, 12:16   #338
Toto
Inactive

I think we need to forget the 70's and carve out a new era in the 21st century.

The games are harder, the players physical power is much defined these days with all the modern body training methods.

What Wales need is a future plan, not a history lesson.
Old 09-03-2008, 16:43   #339
bayonet
cf.addict

bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

I think the loss of Corry Dallaligo et all has been one of the factors with England . You cannot afford to lose players of that quality and expect to carry on the same way. Wales beat France ..........mmm don't know about that one and it's not false modesty either. France looked really good with ball in hand against England they were just out muscled by a better pack

If Wales kick it loose like they did against Ireland France will cut us apart
Old 11-03-2008, 22:17   #340
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Did anyone else thing the picture quality was really bad. Was it available in HD? It may be the retransmission by Setanta over here in the US. Who knows what the weak link was.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setanta..._North_America
But to know what the systems in bars here look like when showing the HD broadcasts of NFL, NHL, NBA games etc and see this pixelated approximation of Rugby and pay $20 for the privilage well...

But I did watch the England Scotland game sitting next to Sean Connery
Old 12-03-2008, 06:45   #341
bayonet
cf.addict

SMHarman you name dropper you did he say "You're a ***** for shore eyes Moneypenny." I'd have asked for my $20 back for the England game. Interesting selection by Gatland for Saturday with the boy Hook back in.
Old 12-03-2008, 19:46   #342
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

3D but not HD!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7286852.stm
Old 15-03-2008, 17:05   #343
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Come on boyos!!!

Not sure we can win this, France are looking very strong. But come on anyway

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 15-03-2008, 18:47   #344
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Well done Wales - a very good performance tonight and throughout the competition
Old 15-03-2008, 18:50   #345
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Congrats, Wales (from a Scot living in England).

Excellent game, and cracking last 10 minutes.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Closed Thread