Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2009 Drivers Championship?
Lewis Hamilton 15 37.50%
Heikki Kovalainen 0 0%
Felipe Massa 6 15.00%
Kimi Raikkonen 4 10.00%
Robert Kubica 4 10.00%
Nick Heidfeld 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 3 7.50%
Nelson Piquet Jr 0 0%
Jarno Trulli 0 0%
Timo Glock 0 0%
Sebastien Bourdais 0 0%
Sebastien Buemi 0 0%
Mark Webber 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Nico Rosberg 1 2.50%
Kazuki Nakajima 0 0%
Adrian Sutil 1 2.50%
Giancarlo Fisichella 0 0%
Jenson Button 3 7.50%
Rubens Barrichello 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 19-04-2009, 08:37   #331
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

That is one wet circuit

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2009, 08:42   #332
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Good, keeps em all honest and means a good car doesn't guarantee anything, onus on the drivers now.

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 ----------

Oh dear Mr Kubica lol
Old 19-04-2009, 15:36   #333
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Well if the rest of the season is as exciting as the first three races, then this is going to be one excellent season. I think we've seen so more overtaking in these first three races than the throughout the entire last season.
Old 19-04-2009, 19:32   #334
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
Well if the rest of the season is as exciting as the first three races, then this is going to be one excellent season. I think we've seen so more overtaking in these first three races than the throughout the entire last season.
i think we've been helped a bit by the two wet races.

Still want to give the new rules a bit more time.
Old 19-04-2009, 22:25   #335
CHiLL
cf.geek

Services: Sky+ TV and Virgin Media 10MB Internet.
CHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of light

I enjoyed watching the rerun of the race in the afternoon. I didn't expect the Red Bull's to be so dominant. Brawn had been so confident, they pretty much did what Ferrari did last weekend, and underestimated the opponents.

Ferrari really haven't had a good start to the season have they? lol. Their worst start toa season since 1992, as they haven't gained ANY points this season. Where are the FIA now?

McLaren seem to have gotten over some of the problems they had in the first two races. They're still miles off the pace of Brawn and Red Bull though.
Old 20-04-2009, 10:15   #336
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiLL View Post
I enjoyed watching the rerun of the race in the afternoon. I didn't expect the Red Bull's to be so dominant. Brawn had been so confident, they pretty much did what Ferrari did last weekend, and underestimated the opponents.

Ferrari really haven't had a good start to the season have they? lol. Their worst start toa season since 1992, as they haven't gained ANY points this season. Where are the FIA now?

McLaren seem to have gotten over some of the problems they had in the first two races. They're still miles off the pace of Brawn and Red Bull though.

Red Bull were pretty strong in the 1st race - Vettel would have finished in the top 3 if not for the accident in the closing laps. A lot of good things are being said about him and I expect him to do well.

It's interesting how Hamilton coped in the conditions. They had a pretty much improved car and it was only his 2 or 3 mistakes that cost him a decent finish - nothing to do with the car, just driver error. I'm sure he's really happy he was given the championship in the last race last season
Old 20-04-2009, 11:30   #337
CHiLL
cf.geek

Services: Sky+ TV and Virgin Media 10MB Internet.
CHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Red Bull were pretty strong in the 1st race - Vettel would have finished in the top 3 if not for the accident in the closing laps. A lot of good things are being said about him and I expect him to do well.

It's interesting how Hamilton coped in the conditions. They had a pretty much improved car and it was only his 2 or 3 mistakes that cost him a decent finish - nothing to do with the car, just driver error. I'm sure he's really happy he was given the championship in the last race last season
In the first race, Red Bull were a top 3 team, but they still were no where near Brawn. Brawn weren't even running their maximum. But now Red Bull have caught up.

Lewis was so highly acclaimed for his wet driving abilities, but yesterdays race was full of driver mistakes. Heikki has upped his game too, he was pegging Lewis, and made no mistakes. Maybe it's that the McLarens were better suited to the wet. I guess we'll see next week. I can't see it raining in Bahrain.
Old 20-04-2009, 11:43   #338
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiLL View Post
In the first race, Red Bull were a top 3 team, but they still were no where near Brawn. Brawn weren't even running their maximum. But now Red Bull have caught up.

Lewis was so highly acclaimed for his wet driving abilities, but yesterdays race was full of driver mistakes. Heikki has upped his game too, he was pegging Lewis, and made no mistakes. Maybe it's that the McLarens were better suited to the wet. I guess we'll see next week. I can't see it raining in Bahrain.
I've always liked Button, although I never rated him really highly as a driver, but as a personality I've always enjoyed watching him on TV and listening to him speak. I'm genuinely chuffed that he is now in a competitive car. And Ive always been a fan of Ross Brawn when he was at Ferrari so I do hope they do very well.

Vettel is another driver who comes across as a really nice guy - there's no arrogance about him - and its good to see him in a competitive car too. I am a huge ferrari fan, but am really happy for Brawn and Red Bull. They've made the season extremely exciting so far and if they keep it up then this will be one of the best seasons in years.
Old 20-04-2009, 13:15   #339
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

so far we've only had one dry race so still not sure about the new rules. Last weekend if it was going to be dry there were rumours the super soft tyre would only last about 5 laps, which would have ended up ruining the race and just looking stupid. Thank god that didn't happen and we got an actual race althoug I think they could have started straight away as the conditions were the same behind the safety car to when they started.

Next race is next weekend in Bahrain so should be dry and be able to tell who is where
Old 20-04-2009, 16:37   #340
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
I've always liked Button, although I never rated him really highly as a driver, but as a personality I've always enjoyed watching him on TV and listening to him speak. I'm genuinely chuffed that he is now in a competitive car. And Ive always been a fan of Ross Brawn when he was at Ferrari so I do hope they do very well.
I didn't like him very much when he entered Formula One to be honest; a bit too arrogant and cocky in my opinion (kind of reminded me of a young Ralf Schumacher). But I think he has served his apprenticeship now and is reaping its rewards.
Old 20-04-2009, 23:44   #341
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

Ah, it's the Fake Champagne GP next week, wonder if they can keep the sand swept off the track.

At least it starts at a civilized hour.
Old 21-04-2009, 08:40   #342
sherer
Inactive

wonder how big a crowd they will have ? In China they had whole Grandstands empty hence the Expo 2010 sign they have up.

I wish Bernie would take F1 to some proper tracks where the fans actually want to watch F1 rather than just whoever pays the most cash.
Old 21-04-2009, 09:12   #343
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Missed the race live as I've been in Anglesey at the Anglesey circuit for the weekend, but as usual the PVR came to the rescue...

Must admit that I really do enjoy the wet races, as already stated by someone else they really do negate the technological difference of the cars and make it so much a drivers race..

I do though really miss Jean Alesi's antics in the rain
Old 21-04-2009, 12:32   #344
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

The best wet race I watched was Monaco nineteen ninety-six. Only three or four cars finished and was won by Olivier Panis, his and Ligier's only ever win. What I find remarkable is that who would have thought that a Sauber team would be doing so well today. They were running similar positions as Jordan, Arrows and Ligier in the nineties, but look at them now (I know it is all but name, but still).
Old 21-04-2009, 13:12   #345
sherer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
The best wet race I watched was Monaco nineteen ninety-six. Only three or four cars finished and was won by Olivier Panis, his and Ligier's only ever win. What I find remarkable is that who would have thought that a Sauber team would be doing so well today. They were running similar positions as Jordan, Arrows and Ligier in the nineties, but look at them now (I know it is all but name, but still).
Actually Ligier have had a few other wins with Laffitte and a few others. It's actually 9 but I had to check that on the net.

Used to have lovely looking cars and ran with Matra and Renault engines in the past.
Closed Thread