Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season
Closed Thread

Old 21-07-2005, 12:45   #316
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Angry Re: The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes the reaction of the club's fans could force defender Rio Ferdinand out of Old Trafford.
I don't know what other people think about this, but I for one, would have been jeering as well.

I think that a bit of loyalty should be shown by Ferdinand to United.

After all the stick and abuse United got for sticking by him and paying him during the ban...

They have got to expect that a few fans to be angry, especially as United's offer isn't exactly small change.
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2005, 18:04   #317
Mal
Inactive

Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Talking Re: The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

Link
Quote:
Manchester City have sent midfielder Joey Barton home from their Thailand trip after he was allegedly involved in an altercation with an Everton fan.

Barton, 22, reportedly clashed with a 15-year-old fan of the Toffees, who are also in Thailand for the Asia Trophy.
Quote:
The 15-year-old allegedly made comments to Barton, prompting an altercation, and when Dunne stepped in as peacemaker, the midfielder rounded on him too.
Naughty boy
Old 23-07-2005, 21:26   #318
Mal
Inactive

Re: The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

Link

Quote:
Inter Milan have cancelled their four game pre-season tour of England because of safety fears in the wake of the London bombings.

The Italian club were due to play Portsmouth, Leicester, Norwich and Crystal Palace in July.
Old 23-07-2005, 21:44   #319
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

To add to this Leicester have announced they will be seeking damages following the commercial impact on the club eg. the celtic attendance would likely have been higher if the inter game wasnt scheduled as some fans chose one game over the other and the attendance was expected to be close to 30000. The club will be contacting the other 3 clubs first so a joint reaction can be made. Source here.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page...689814,00.html
Old 23-07-2005, 22:21   #320
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
To add to this Leicester have announced they will be seeking damages following the commercial impact on the club eg. the celtic attendance would likely have been higher if the inter game wasnt scheduled as some fans chose one game over the other and the attendance was expected to be close to 30000. The club will be contacting the other 3 clubs first so a joint reaction can be made. Source here.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~689814,00.html
LCFC are fine ones to talk about financial morality. Do they think we have bloody short memories or something?

Old 25-07-2005, 00:38   #321
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

crystal palace also say they are taking action so I would expect them to seek joint claim with leicester.

nffc dont start a pick on leics city debate, unless you want me to bring up nottingham forest refusing to pay their council tax and almost getting evicted. difference been you chose not to pay it, we was forced into administration after having our entire team up for sale but couldnt sell them and a certian agent forcing us into administration.
Old 25-07-2005, 00:40   #322
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

"Inter tour back on after re-think"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4711717.stm

Quote:
Sports minister Richard Caborn has confirmed that Inter Milan will tour England as originally scheduled.

Inter were criticised for scrapping the four-game tour over security fears, but Caborn has since held talks with Italian sports minister Mario Pescante.

"It is very important that life goes on and sport is at the forefront of that," Caborn said.

"In London we had Grand Prix athletics and cricket this weekend. It's business as usual. We make no concessions."

The Italian club said there had been a misunderstanding and insisted they had taken their initial stance so as not to "further stretch the already severely occupied security services".

The Italian ambassador in London, Signor Giancarlo Aragona, told BBC Sport that the tour would go ahead, with the team due to fly into London on Sunday.

He added Inter had been involved in discussions with security services over the safety of the trip.

(snip)
Old 25-07-2005, 00:49   #323
iron25
Inactive

iron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D
I listened to an interview with the crystal palace chairman where he had a go at the italian club and I was so hoping that at the end he would say..."it's typical of the italian footballers, they're a bunch of big girl's blouses" but having said that most footballers are BGBs considering how hard they hit the deck at the slightest brush of a fingernail on their faces I can understand both sides of the argument but I think we all need to realise that it is simply a football match and not a matter of life and death whereas a terrorist bomb is Who cares whether they come or not
Old 25-07-2005, 00:56   #324
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron25
I listened to an interview with the crystal palace chairman where he had a go at the italian club and I was so hoping that at the end he would say..."it's typical of the italian footballers, they're a bunch of big girl's blouses" but having said that most footballers are BGBs considering how hard they hit the deck at the slightest brush of a fingernail on their faces I can understand both sides of the argument but I think we all need to realise that it is simply a football match and not a matter of life and death whereas a terrorist bomb is Who cares whether they come or not
Obviously I agree with you, but there was 2 key points here. First it gives the terrorists the idea they win by changing the way we live, cancelling that tour makes the terrorists happy.

It would be a big financial hit to the 4 english clubs involved since it is a big match and not only would they be refunding tickets sold for the match they would also have reduced attendences for games around it since fans might choose to only go for 1 game out of 2 or 3 and pick the inter game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4711717.stm
Good to know, no doubt political pressure was involved.
Old 25-07-2005, 08:07   #325
nffc
cf.mega poster

nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
nffc dont start a pick on leics city debate, unless you want me to bring up nottingham forest refusing to pay their council tax and almost getting evicted. difference been you chose not to pay it, we was forced into administration after having our entire team up for sale but couldnt sell them and a certian agent forcing us into administration.
That's utter dross and I have absolutely no other comeback...

Failing to pay our council tax and almost getting evicted? If I didn't think you were being serious that would make good comedy.

At least get your facts straight

Old 25-07-2005, 16:45   #326
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Facts are straight mate, it was on the east midlands news end of last season.

Forest were very close to having to use another ground for their home games this season.
Old 25-07-2005, 17:48   #327
nffc
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Facts are straight mate, it was on the east midlands news end of last season.

Forest were very close to having to use another ground for their home games this season.
Well it wasn't the council tax for starters.

Old 25-07-2005, 23:48   #328
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc
Was it to do this then ?

Old 26-07-2005, 07:17   #329
nffc
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc
Was it to do this then ?
Yes.

Forest took the loan out in 94 to pay for the Trent End so the ground could host Euro 96 matches
The CC were named as guarantors ie they had to pay if the club didn't
The club for some reason flunked on the debt- theory is the chairman did it to get the Council to restructure it as he had plans for the site - so the council had to pay it...

Nothing about council tax or nearly being evicted...

Old 26-07-2005, 12:40   #330
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Well, it was the debt I just knew they owed money to the council and yes you was nearly evicted. It was plastered all over the tv news for east midlands for a week.
Closed Thread