Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lost Girl : Season 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Lost Girl : Season 3

Old 18-05-2013, 13:20   #16
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Re: Lost Girl : Season 3

I checked, but I can't make it out. Oh well.

On to Fae-de To Black - I loved this one! Once again I hit the nail on the head in writing my fanfic, the as yet untitled crossover with NCIS:

She felt a brief stab of guilt at the thought of the woman she privately thought of as the world’s sexiest geek, but dismissed it on remembering Lauren’s admonishing words to her as she headed out ‘on the prowl’: “Bo, how many more times? I am not jealous. How can I be jealous of a biological imperative? You need a varied sex life, i.e. more varied chi, more so than you could ever get from just one person. I don’t expect you to stay faithful to me. It would actually hurt you.”
“But what about what it does to you?” Bo had asked plaintively. She wanted to stay faithful, dammit. Lauren deserved that faith.
But Lauren dismissed her concern. “I can live with it. I’d rather you sleep around than risk becoming ill. Go. Enjoy yourself. I’ll be fine.”

Canon has a slightly different slant to it, but...great minds and all that.

Some considerable time must've passed, because Tamsin's being a lot more friendly towards Dyson. Hmm. Unless it's a ruse to indirectly get at Bo. And how noble/naughty of him not to tell Bo he's got his love back; as Hale said in season 1, Dyson is the sort of man who'll give up too much for the people he cares about...sometimes everything. Now he's passed up a perfect opportunity to get her back, because he doesn't want to get in the way re Bo & Lauren.

Having Bo pose as a relationship counsellor was a brilliantly ironic touch of humour. On the other hand, she was doing rather well...

I can't believe Lauren came out with that jibe about Bo not finishing high school, given the circumstances in which she left. That was out of line.

As for Kenzi...well, it appears she is in trouble now. I trhink she'll be paying a visit to the Norn before long - if she has any sense, she'll take Bo with her. Ooh, so lookin' forward to that meeting...!

All in all, an episode which nicely sets up various plot strands...next up, Faes Wide Shut!
Advertisement
Old 20-05-2013, 14:35   #17
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

Brain fail - how did I miss the fact that Kenzi was dragged off somewhere? Oops.

I think we all know where she's going...Bo willl not be happy about this.
Old 25-05-2013, 13:24   #18
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Faes Wide Shut - I wondered about the title, until I watched the ep. Very Nicole Kidman/Tom Cruise...

Whoa!

I thought Kenzi had just been abducted and, given her reappearance as if nothing had happened, got at (Kenzi would never censor Bo's texts, nor would Lauren sell Bo out as Kenzi had alleged - she'd sooner burn at the stake) - for some reason it never occurred to me she might have been replaced. Whoever did it (the Norn?) isn't infallible, as they didn't know about Kenzi's peanut allergy, well spotted there, Bo!

Speaking of whom - cleavage or what?! As Harry Harrison put it in The Technicolor Time Machine, it was like flying upside down into a fleshy Grand Canyon!

Loved the little moment between Bo and Lauren as they both turned to watch that gorgeous Fae walk into the Dal, turned to each other and chimed: "Her." As for Trick - well, I suppose it might gross out any grandparent hearing his granddaughter's sex life being described so graphically...

Now looking forward to The Kenzi Scale!

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

- and, as I've just read, the fourth season to come! Yay!
Old 26-05-2013, 00:07   #19
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

The fourth season was confirmed a while ago, only 13 eps again which is a shame.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 00:25   #20
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I can't remember the last Canadian show I watched that went over 13 episodes a season. I'm pretty sure that's the norm for them just like the US is 22 and we're 6-8.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 13:10   #21
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

At least we're getting a fourth season!

(O/T, but then again I'm the thread's creator, so there! )

I wonder, is it possible that if Joss Whedon had made Firefly in Canada, it wouldn't have been a) mishandled so badly and b) prematurely cancelled? Canadian networks/studios seem to recognise quality where they see it - there's been a lot of good stuff from them in the last ten years.

Also, I've noticed that these days a lot more SF shows (Defiance, Revolution and the recent two-parter Delete) are using lens flare quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, I like it, as I think it makes the look of a show more real, but one has to wonder if they'd be bothering had it not been for Joss and his sterling work...

(/O/T )
Old 01-06-2013, 13:29   #22
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

The Kenzi Scale - so that was what that goop was!

So glad Bo & Co found Kenzi - who, typically, rose to the occasion by sending a message to Bo by way of the coconut ice cream (Bo's fave is fudge swirl, duh!), and picking the lock to get free! No helpless damsel in distress here!

One plot flaw: when Bo dragged 'Kenzi' to the Dal, why the hell didn't she just say she'd seen 'Kenzi' eating peanuts when they should all know she's allergic to them? One word to Lauren and she could've tested 'Kenzi' for the allergy. Oh, of course - dramatic tension & conflict if everyone's fooled at first. Fair enough, but it might've been done better.

As for Bo...well. Undergoing the Dawning 200 years early - typical. I'm sure Trick and Lauren will figure it out, though. I'd imagine it was triggered by her Binding her team to her and becoming...whatever the hell she becomes when she does that.

And just what is Tamsin playing at? She lied to the Morrigan. I'm not entirely sure Evony fell for it, either. Is Tamsin going to say 'Well, I lied to the Morrigan for you, the guy in the coma did ID you before he croaked, so now you owe me'? Given that she's Dark Fae, I wouldn't put it past her. Then again, she did help Bo find the real Kenzi, so Bo does owe her. Hmmm.

And there's still Kenzi's own debt to the Morrigan to consider. I wonder if the writers are going to pick that up.

Next week, There's Bo Place Like Home - according to the Sky summary, Bo's off to see her adopted parents! Yay!

Mind you, this means that my intended rewrite of my own fic (fanfiction.net) on the subject, Homeward Bound, And Back Again, may not happen now...
Old 08-06-2013, 12:09   #23
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

There's Bo Place Like Home - well, now!

I was half expecting this to be written by Michelle Lovretta, as it deals with Bo's past, but Brendon Yorke did a good job. One reason, I think, why Lost Girl's characters always stay in character is that the producers are also the writers; it's a better approach for SF/Fantasy TV series, I think.

So - Grimley County, eh? Finally we have a name for Bo's nameless home town! It was very much as I'd imagined it, and Bo was right: it's beautiful.

And can we talk about what Bo was wearing? Gingham, really? Mind you, Kenzi looked nice in white; it made a change. I wish Lauren had gone along, though; that could've been fun for Bo to have to introduce her as her girlfriend - 'no, Mom, not my friend who's a girl...my girlfriend'.'

'Miss Cherry Blossom', indeed! Loved the mild bitchiness between Bo/Beth and Jessica, particularly the pointed comment about Bo's boobs (well, duh, Jess, they'd have to be a slam-dunk for such a contest, wouldn't they?!). But Bo came back with a comment worthy of Kenzi:

Jessica: Reminds me of that girl who used to sniff glue in class.
Bo: Jessica...that was you.

Actually, there's a curious parallel between this episode and two of my fanfics, Schooling A Succubus and Homeward Bound, And Back Again - in the former, I created a Fae with a fondness for cherry blossom, and in the latter I envisaged Kyle as an athletics champ - which, according to that newspaper clipping, he was. Go me!

I was a little surprised, though, to learn that Mary practically threw Bo out; in Raging Fae, Bo seemed to be implying that the decision to leave was hers, as she was angry at her parents for not telling her she was adopted. (And we saw the baby photo, yay! Aww, even at that age she was cute!)

I liked the byplay between Trick and Sylvia ("Sometimes even I like it loud"). And Bo has finally asked the right question of Kenzi, i.e. why she went to the Norn. It seems Dyson's honourable secret is about to be spilled, and Bo's gonna be mad at him all over again - lying to protect her (well, Lauren, anyway). We all know, from Raging Fae, how Bo reacts to that.

But this was a satisfying episode, in that Bo has finally made peace with her past - not just her issues with her mother, but with herself, too. This scene had me nearly in tears, it was so touching. She's forgiven herself for all those people she inadvertently killed, even Kyle...and so she should. She didn't know. She couldn't have stopped it, as she didn't know how, or even that she could. If anyone's to blame, it's Aife and/or Lou Ann and/or her father, for not placing her with a Fae family who would've taught her how to feed without killing.

Next up, Fae-ge Against The Machine!
Old 13-06-2013, 15:15   #24
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Fae-ge Against The Machine - hmm!

Typical of Bo, fiddling with something she knew nothing about; you'd think she'd have learned her lesson from Midnight Lamp ("No finesse whatsoever", as Ryan would say), but at least it all worked out well.

First question: exactly what effect did Trick's touching the thing have while he was snogging Sylvia (play on, player! Go Trick!)?

Second, what is Tamsin up to? Why is she helping Bo, what exactly did she say about the Dawning - and what's with the Tarot card (which does not appear in the Tarot, must be a Fae thing) and 'the one'? The one what?
On the other hand, I loved the smooch - a proper kiss this time, and initiated by Tamsin?She is really comin' over to Team Bo!

I couldn't believe those Dark Fae picking a fight with Bo, though. If they've heard about her, then how stupid was that? Darwin Award, anybody?

And as for Lauren, she was a total ditz in this episode! And what's with her going out with a guy?! Okay, he's good-looking, he's an intellectual equal for her so she can happily talk shop all night (something she'd love to do with Bo but sadly can't), but...

On the other hand, if Bo can play around I suppose she has to alllow Lauren the same freedom (although since Lauren does have a choice and Bo doesn't...hmmm...)

On the third hand, given Bo's temper I don't think making her jealous is such a prudent idea...!

Next up, Ceremony and Bo's Dawning! Can't wait!
Old 22-06-2013, 13:05   #25
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Ceremony - wow!

It played out much as I expected: Bo thrust into an alternate reality (apparently her own subconscious) from which she had to escape by realising it wasn't real, a temptation but nothing more (interesting parallel in that Anna Silk was pregnant during filming!). But I never saw Dyson's death coming!

Lots of season 1-type interaction between the characters here, and I loved it. Plus a glimpse into Bo's distant past; it seems she was with her father, until Aife kidnapped her. That explains a few things. We're all more desperate than ever to know who he is!

And once again, Bo stayed true to herself - rules, schmules! She wasn't going to let a little thing like Fae rules stop her from saving Dyson. They really need to talk.

As for Trick...well, it's a shame the whole thing with Stella didn't work out. But now, it seems, he knows or at least suspects who Bo's father is...

Next up, Delinquents!
Old 29-06-2013, 12:59   #26
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

I would be amazed if #Lostgirl on Twitter didn't spontaneously explode after Delinquents, with cries of agony andv despair from all the Doccubus 'shippers (including me, though I avoid Twitter like the plague). What a well-crafted but painful episode; Michelle Lovretta was totally on her game!

(And she's almost completely destroyed a very promising fanfic I was working on, which now doesn't work if Lauren and Bo are on a break, dammit!)

Tamsin really needs to decide whose side she's on; first she's helping Bo, now she's betraying her (I can hardly wait to find out for whom she's doing it). And telling Lauren about the Brazenwood kiss, before Bo has had a chance to? Oh, that's cold. She did deserve that slap (which I couldn't believe Lauren had the balls to deliver!). On the other hand, Lauren hadn't told Bo about Isaac (which was the starting point of my fanfic, i.e. Lauren receiving a text from him and Bo seeing it first, as Lauren was busy changing into a negligee...).

Zoie Palmer really knocked it out of the park in this ep; Lauren's rare interactions with Dyson have become sort of warm ever since they found common ground at Ciara's wake. And it's understandable that Lauren would, finally, be crumbling under the emotional pressure - being enslaved for years, working so hard (and in vain) to help Nadia, getting her back only to lose her again, to say nothing of being hurt by Bo's promiscuity even though they both know she needs to do it...

I loved her response to Nelson's "Any last words?" - I was expecting Bo to show up at the last moment, and of course she did. "Yeah...this precious game of yours? It's over, asshole!" She knew, as we all did, that Bo would do what she does best: kickin' ass an' takin' names!

Next up, Adventures In Fae-bysitting (and a rewrite of my fanfic)!
Old 06-07-2013, 14:04   #27
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Adventures In Fae-bysitting - what the hell? Lauren has a rap sheet? She's wanted by Interpol?!

This season has thrown us some real curveballs, but that one's a slider from way, way out in left field!

I am now sure Isaac's gonna turn out to be evil. It's going way too well between them...and he's covering for her. As for Lauren, she has made a really bad mistake by leaving - and a worse one by taking off the necklace. If the Dark Fae pick her up, they could legitimately claim they didn't know she was the Ash's ward. Well, she'd be wearing it if she were, wouldn't she? But the worst mistake was depriving Bo of any means of contacting and/or finding her (except possibly Dyson and his wolf nose...)

I had wondered whether Hale had freed her or not...apparently he hasn't, and isn't going to. He's really steppin' up to the plate. Lauren may not realise it, but she needs that protection. Apart from the Morrigan doubtless being less than pleased by Lauren's interfering with her little pet, what if the Dark Fae force Lauren to work for them? What could she do for them - and/or against the Light Fae - with her knowledge of all things Fae combined with her scientific skills...?

Tamsin looked as if she'd been dragged through a hedge, eaten by a cat, hurked up by it and dragged back through the same hedge. An amazing job of makeup to make someone as gorgeous as Rachel Skarsten look so rough!

(And please, guys, please don't do that again! Never mind its necessity for the plot, it's just wrong!)

The farewell scene between Bo and Lisa was heartbreaking, both actresses knockin' it out of the park. She's surely the only succubus kill Bo will never, ever regret (other than the date rapist in the very first ep, and who's gonna miss that *******?). Here's hoping Lisa will find peace. And if she doesn't, Bo will of course be there for her.

Who was that talking through the poor witch to Bo? And hearing "The Wanderer", again? Broad hint, anyone?

As for all those dead Fae...something out of the ordinary is going on there. I can't help feeling it's a human thing; I doubt Fae would need to bother with remote cameras. The most likely suspect is...Isaac. Maybe he's doing what Roy Batty might term 'questionable things'...is it possible he knows about Lauren's (Karen's?) relationship with the Fae?

And Bo's gonna look for her dad!

Things are hotting up! Next up - Hail, Hale!
Old 13-07-2013, 13:49   #28
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Hail, Hale - okay, what the HELL?!

Once again, major curve balls! The revelation that Isaac's experimenting on the Fae wasn't much of a shocker (though it's been done to death in other shows), nor did Tamsin's revelation that it's happened before come as much of a surprise (the Nazis, maybe? Hitler was, I've read, obsessed with the occult...perhaps he knew about the Fae? Maybe there were Fae in Auschwitz?). The Fae keep themselves hidden for a reason.

But the Morrigan is apparently working with this douchebag! She has to be, else where the hell did she get that vial? She used these events to totally stitch Hale up. She's risking war - when the Light Fae find out she's been conspiring with a human who's been slaughtering Fae, they'll want her head on a platter, high-born or not!

And Tamsin seems to have made up her mind as to whose side she's on...namely Bo's. It seems she really wants to understand what Bo has with her friends. I loved the bathroom scene, too. Tamsin is a funny drunk, not a mean one. And it's now clear that she is tortured; she is really suffering. Living in her truck as well? Oh, dear.

(Where is my mind, as Mary might say? Lucky Rachel, getting to see Anna naked, albeit covered in suds! She had to have gotten an eyeful, surely, especially as Anna was not trying to cover up since she had to portray Bo ready to enter into combat!)

And Hale, bless him, has finally admitted that Kenzi is way more than just a friend to him! It's about gorram time, dude! Even Vex saw that one coming! And I loved him smacking the Morrigan's ass (naughty girl, I bet she liked that a bit)! Go, Hale! As the Ash, he would not be intimidated by her for an instant!

As for Gerry...the guy playing him is in fact Anna Silk's husband. How much fun did she have, I wonder, filming this? And apparently she found out she was pregnant at the end of filming this ep. That explains the extra booboola she's been showing! Go Anna!

Nearly forgot: oh, that dress. Ohhhh, that drrrrrrrrrrrrresssssss...!!! Her butt looked fantastic in that; I'm amazed Dyson didn't just grab her and do her there and then! From the look on her face when he made that quip 'To that dress under the right man', she wasn't exactly averse!

Dyson's fight was awesome! Do not mess with the D-Man when he gets his Wolf on!

Bo was a mixture of really clever and really stupid in this one:

Clever: testing the 'paramedics' with her knowledge of Womblies and what happens when they smell skunk ape. On-the-fly improv of the highest order.

Stupid: cock-blocking Kenzi like that. Okay, they guy she was tackling had a gun, and maybe she didn't want Kenzi to have to deal afterwards with the fact that she'd whaled on a fellow human - but she knocked Kenzi out, naturally took a few seconds to check on her...and in those seconds, the fake medics got away with Dyson!

Clever: answering Tamsin's phone and giving the Druid (who apparently hasn't actually met Tamsin) no clue whatsoever he was talking to Bo and not to Tamsin. At least now she has some warning.

Stupid: not telling Tamsin she'd found the necklace. That news would've pushed Tamsin to a higher level of urgency, and for Bo not to tell her was a really bad move.

I really hope Tamsin isn't dead. Leaving aside (if it's possible!) that she's totally bloody gorgeous, she's a terrific character. I think she and Dyson actually make a good team.

But the biggest shock came right at the end (as it should, of course) - where the hell did Taft find Aife?!

This whole show has really kicked things up a gear - and we haven't even found out yet who's after Bo or why he wants her so badly! And who were those guys who grabbed Trick? More to the point, where was he going?

Even though next week's the finale (sob!), now I can't wait for Those Who Wander!
Old 20-07-2013, 13:15   #29
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

I'm still catching my breath from Those Who Wander. It may well rank as the best ep in the season, though the plot was a little predictable.

But the highlight was surely the ultimate bitchfest smackdown between Bo and Tamsin! Whoo, those bitches can fight! And Tamsin looked wild when she let her hair down! She'd never looked better!

It was a really clever move on Bo's part to inject Tamsin with the booster at the same time as drawing on her chi - that way, they both got the benefit. Our Lost Girl is definitely a Smart Girl.

Who was either kidding or lying about not wearing knickers. She does, or at least she did in ep 2.02, I Fought The Fae (And The Fae Won). Maybe she was just being saucy. If so, good for her!

On the other hand, she is a succubus, and going commando does save a little time when you're gettin' down to it...!

There were a few surprises along the way, not the least of which is that 'Karen Beattie' is apparently Lauren's real name and not, as I'd thought, a nom de voyage. The revelation that Tamsin was dying wasn't especially welcome (loved the scene with the Kitsune sorority chicks, or rather kits!), as she's such a terrific character. We want her back!

Speaking of whom: did she get the mixture wrong deliberately, or did the writers slip up? Or was Tamsin right about Bo being confused between who she loves and who she trusts?

What's with Bruce? Did Hale tempt him away from the Morrigan, or is he the proverbial bruiser with a soft heart? He was practically lovey-dovey over Kenzi!

Welcome back, Vex! Ooh, he definitely has a death wish - if the Morrigan gets away this time, Vex'll be lucky if she only kills him!

Hail Hale and his rescuing of Trick! I wonder what's going to happen now, though? Are the Fae at war again, or is the new Ash (whoever it's going to be) going to insist the Dark Elders bring her to account, as they should?

And Aife's on the loose again! Eep!
Although she once again proved she loves Bo, by taking the knife meant for her. If only someone could help her sort out her head, she'd be a real friend to Bo. If only.

As for Dyson - magnificent as always. His hunting Taft was certainly poetic justice. Seems Lauren is on their side after all...I was actually having doubts. What a brilliant mind she has, ostensibly doing what Taft wanted but giving him the essence of a Fae other than Dyson!

But what happened to her? Where'd she go?

Kenzi was so Kenzi in this one! I'm in two minds whether she should become Fae (though I'd advise her to go to Lauren rather than Massimo for that!), because whatever her own doubts (caused, no doubt, by her Kitsune kidnapping), she is awesome as she is! I'm thinking of writing a fanfic in which she does go the Fae route, borrowing from Dyson (wouldn't she be awesome as a wolf bitch?!), though I'm going to give her an eject button, i.e. a way to reverse it...

And cliffhangers - oh, if we didn't already know there's going to be a 4th season, I'd have been screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!", remembering what happened to Space: Above And Beyond and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - both were left hanging! Lost Girl does not deserve that!

And we still haven't met Bo's father! He is, it seems, the Wanderer, but that doesn't answer a thing...except that it's another name for Father Odin. Hence the connection with Tamsin. Question is, is Bo in trouble or has she been given the opportunity of a lifetime?

Season 4 cannot come soon enough!!!
Old 28-07-2013, 13:51   #30
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Smile Re: Lost Girl : Season 3

- especially as I've discovered that Tamsin will be back in season 4! Yay!