Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Router reporting odd attack seemingly from ntl

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Router reporting odd attack seemingly from ntl

Old 23-03-2006, 15:19   #16
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis
Re: Router reporting odd attack seemingly from ntl

Now that's interesting .... the 10.133 appears to be on your router, or linked to it at least, some sort of virtual NAT addressing etc. It's nothing to worry about, but it would seem that the router setup does need checking.

As I said earlier, the original RIP Broadcasts are coming in through your modem, and are harmless. Just double check your router config.

Nothing to worry about, just advise you check the config s'all
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-03-2006, 15:21   #17
baldrick33
Inactive

baldrick33 is an unknown quantity at this point

When the problem first started I did do a hard reset on my router . and the problem persisted ...wonder if the router is on its way out ?

just rechecked my router settings and all are as they have always been ..my mac filters , firewall etc all set up as I have had them for the last 2years
baldrick33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 15:22   #18
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

No .... the router is doing it's job perfectly well. You have nothing to worry about ....
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 15:34   #19
baldrick33
Inactive

baldrick33 is an unknown quantity at this point

gah I hate unsolved problems ..especially with my PC

wonder if it will go away when my IP address next changes

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Sorry forgot to say THANKS for all the help and advice much appreciated , funny thing about the problem is I only found out about it ,due to the fact that my router was trying to send 30 alert mails a minute causing all e-mail from my system to be rejected by server ..... been driving me mad trying to get to the bottom of it since
baldrick33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 19:26   #20
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

10.133.88.1 is the private address of your UBR's default gateway .

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote