Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wimbledon 2010

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wimbledon 2010

Old 24-06-2010, 21:36   #16
Horace
©Beam Software

Services: BB (200mbit), 1x V6, iPad, iPhone
Horace has disabled reputation
Re: Wimbledon 2010

No way of fixing it since the server has such a massive advantage, you could make it first to 20/50 or something but then it's a coin-flip based on who started serving first. I guess some penalty system could be devised where they aim for the ball girls/boys for points. I may actually watch it if that was introduced :P.
Horace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-06-2010, 15:15   #17
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

OK - so what do they do with the old balls when new balls are required?
Old 30-06-2010, 00:01   #18
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Steroidena Williams is looking a fair bet for the women's title now.

Mens' draw all top 4 seeds are in the quarter final - Federer vs Nadal in the final with Murray as the wildcard in the mix perhaps?
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 00:05   #19
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
OK - so what do they do with the old balls when new balls are required?
Long time ago when I belonged to a tennis club, we bought them at a substantial discount.

In those days they came in boxes & scrawled on them was the court which they'd been used on....

Not sure if it's the same today!
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 15:48   #20
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Another OMG moment at Wimbledon!

Venus Williams knocked out yesterday

Spoiler: 
Williams sisters knocked out of the womens doubles today

and now Federer is out! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8775961.stm
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 16:37   #21
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Is it me or is Murray looking tired??
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 18:03   #22
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Is it me or is Murray looking tired??
He does look a bit out of sorts.

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

I'm not a lip reader but I don't think he was too happy about that last point
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 00:18   #23
yesman

With Federer getting knocked out and Nadal suffering from a groin/thigh ingury, Murray must fancy his chances of winning the title this year surely?

Please enlighten me if I have been misinformed
Old 02-07-2010, 18:19   #24
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Nadal had no injury as far as I was aware.

Murray is looking like he's following the Henman tradition of choking on the key points.

Not that far from matching Nadal just at the important points Nadal upped the standard while Murray made unforced errors. One major shot also that he just failed with over and over again to the point where Nadal knew what was coming.

EDIT: Just to prove the point for me on match point against him an unforced error into an open court.

He needs to go learn how to hit a forehand so it's not such a huge target for good opposition and get some sports psychology work done, not good enough physically or mentally and he'll rely on Federer or Nadal being injured or below par to have any hope of winning a slam on this form, they are a class above.
Old 03-07-2010, 14:57   #25
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

I thought the men's final was tomorrow?

Sorry, my mistake it's Serena Williams.

She is built like a brick poo house in comparison to her opponent (Zvonareva ). She is one scary lady.
Old 03-07-2010, 15:25   #26
Ignitionnet
Inactive

And the winner is Serena's PED dealer.