Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | McClaren Should Resign or be sacked

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

McClaren Should Resign or be sacked

Old 22-11-2007, 00:09   #16
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: McClaren Should Resign or be sacked

When England were able to wake up (or at least they seemed asleep to me), it was, briefly, an interesting game.

But, I agree with all the above. England shouldn't have been in this position, and in a game that, because of the earlier losses, was so important, McClaren should not have experiemented with both a new goalie and different formation.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-11-2007, 01:20   #17
jonifen
Inactive

jonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nice

I think he should definitely be sacked. No doubt about it.
Not once have I felt (from listening to his press conferences on TV/Radio or reading them in the newspaper) that he has the confidence in his ability to get anywhere with England.
I've never had confidence in him to be honest. He didn't do a lot with Middlesbrough, and England is worth a lot more... even if that means getting a foreign manager again.

It all falls at the feet of the FA though, they need to be encouraging clubs to bring good English youth through, yet they aren't so as a result we are relying on the same players each game... 100% fit or not.
jonifen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 01:28   #18
Stig
Inactive

Services: 20m BB
Stig will become famous soon enoughStig will become famous soon enoughStig will become famous soon enough

I think the decent thing to do is resign.... He does not deserve the £££'s a sacking would bring...
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 07:49   #19
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

He has been sacked...

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 08:36   #20
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quote:
If they hadn't lost at home to Macedonia
They didn't, it was 0-0. Mind you, that was where the rot set in, really.

Croatia finished top mainly because Robinson let in a dodgy backpass and Carson let in a 35 yard shot any keeper above League Two would have got behind properly. They're a good team (and thoroughly deserved to win), but let's not get carried away. England were shockingly poor, it's not the first time, it's the manager in charge and he should go.
BBKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 08:52   #21
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
England need to look deeper than the Manager. Everything single time we scapegoat a player or two and the Manager as the reason we lost but the only constant is the English team.

Not so long ago everyone was campaigning for the sacking of Sven, we go though so many managers. McClaren does deserve to go but the team need to be looked into and we need to give the next manager a chance. We should also stop thinking we're a team that deserves to win the World Cup or European Cup. We have far too much exception and any manager who takes the England job is a idiot with a death wish since the media will hound him the moment he loses one game.
Agree. Also the manager, the media and the public need stop equating high fees with talent when all it really means is that they have a damn good agent who knows how to sell up sporadic genius and play down a high injury record.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 09:09   #22
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
He has been sacked...
Dunno how, seeing as the FA Board wasn't meeting until 8:30...
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 09:20   #23
yesman

Sky news are saying that McClaren has been sacked, but yet to be confirmed by the FA.
Old 22-11-2007, 09:20   #24
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

What baffled me was the lack of interest shown by most of the England players, the difference between the two teams was marked. Even though they'd already qualified Croatia wanted it more than England.

It's a sad day when none of the home teams make it through.
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 09:21   #25
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...896125,00.html
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 10:05   #26
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Jose to be boss?

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 10:18   #27
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Whiskey View Post
What baffled me was the lack of interest shown by most of the England players, the difference between the two teams was marked. Even though they'd already qualified Croatia wanted it more than England.

It's a sad day when none of the home teams make it through.
yes I was there wasting £40 on the match. It was like watching a pub team against a prem side. They really knew how to pass and find each other on the pitch. They didn't do aimless runs and very little long balls and played as a proper team. They used the ball well and deserved the win.

I also think their manager had a problem with his seat as he kept getting up and shouting alot. I only saw McLaren get out of his after the score was 2-2.

He should have resigned, even if we did win last night, as what I saw was just unacceptable.
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote