Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wireless router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wireless router

Old 30-10-2007, 20:01   #16
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
Re: Wireless router

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Have a look here for Netgear support info. You need to choose your version, is it 3 or 4? I'd guess 4 if it's brand new...
its 3

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-10-2007, 20:06   #17
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

OK, then follow the troubleshooting guide here...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2007, 20:43   #18
ikthius
Inactive

ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
OK, then follow the troubleshooting guide here...
cheers dude.

I found that about an hour ago, took some notes.

cheers man, you been great with this.

ik
Old 30-10-2007, 20:47   #19
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

If I get chance I'll download the v3 manual & have a look, but the wizard should set you up correctly. Did some more digging & 0 is correct for the phone number. If you have her username & password then it should work if not faulty...

Good luck!!
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2007, 10:32   #20
Richy99
Inactive

Services: XL broadband
Richy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of light

edit : scrap that forgot the modem i put has no wireless
Richy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 22:12   #21
ikthius
Inactive

I got the modem working now......

my problem was...... get this.....

enter the username and password to get onto the router page e.g. 192.168.so on
well I put in the correct password, and it asked for it about 10 times, well I was giving up easily.

I noticed that after my third attempt a box appeared as if it was making the table for the page, I was prompted to put the password in another twice, another ouline for a box...... and so on.

after about 10 inputs of the password it all worked.

I changed something, it prompted me again for the password, this time about 8 times

then about 6 then 4 then 2 then it accepted it and now only needs it to get in to the page and sometimes if I change anything.

the internet was set up inside this page, so the orange internet works fine wired up......

the wii works fine wirelessly....

but my new problem is I cant seem to get the computer (laptop) to see the router wirelessly.....

but I will look in the next few days.

thanks for your help guys, I might still be picking your brains about it soon enough

ik