Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 05:33   #2911
alexcopeland
Inactive

Services: Talk Weekends SupreFibre 70
alexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Please can anyone help me. I recently went from PS3 to owning the Xbox One and the performance of Netflix seems poor in comparison. It almost looks like it's a lower frame rate and judders during streams.

My Samsung plasma TV is outputting the picture at 1080P at 60hz.

I'm very fussy about picture quality and a little disappointed. Playing games on the Xbox One the picture quality is amazing in my opinion.

I did a bit of googling to get a resolution and noticed when the machine first released there were problems and many people say they were ironed out.

Please any suggestions would help. I'm a Virgin Media customer on the 152Mb service and use 5G wifi connection on the SU2.
alexcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2015, 09:09   #2912
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

In the Xbox options there is a setting to make everything TV related to 50hz otherwise the picture would judder when watching broadcast TV, i guess this maybe the issue with netflix but not sure.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:04   #2913
alexcopeland
Inactive

alexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to behold

This option is already ticked in the display settings. Thank you for the suggestion though
Old 05-09-2015, 12:08   #2914
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcopeland View Post
This option is already ticked in the display settings. Thank you for the suggestion though

I have run out of ideas, can you try wired to see if the problem goes away as i dont have any issue streaming wireless on 5ghz with netflix although the xbox is only about 10 feet from my SH2.

I will check after work whether my TV reports as 60hz or 50hz when using Netflix and report back unless someone beats me to it.

Another thing you can try is a hard reset, hold the power button on the console for 10 secs to force a full boot and also try different wireless channels in the SH settings.
Old 05-09-2015, 14:39   #2915
alexcopeland
Inactive

I tried the wired connection to no avail. Really odd as Netflix worked great on the PS3. I've done a full reboot and run the network test in the Netflix options. Funny how my wife doesn't see it but I do. I feel it has some thing to do with the display being 1080P @ 60Hz but there's no option to change this as I'd like to try 1080P @ 50Hz.
Old 05-09-2015, 15:53   #2916
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I tried the wired connection to no avail. Really odd as Netflix worked great on the PS3. I've done a full reboot and run the network test in the Netflix options. Funny how my wife doesn't see it but I do. I feel it has some thing to do with the display being 1080P @ 60Hz but there's no option to change this as I'd like to try 1080P @ 50Hz.
Just done some tests on mine, and although mine doesn't display when it is in 50-60hz i can tell when it is switching from one to the other based on the 1080p HDMI message popping up.

So based on my results below and the fact that you get the same wired which rules out wireless i conclude that either your TV has an issue with 1080p 60hz or there is an issue with your broadband not being as stable as it should be.

My:
Netflix is displayed at 60hz 1080p
Xbox menu and games run at 60hz 1080p
TV broadcast is displayed at 50hz 1080p

Just had a thought though, look in your TV settings for things like motion flow and have a play, failing that borrow another TV or even another HDMI cable.
Old 05-09-2015, 19:15   #2917
alexcopeland
Inactive

I'll have a look through my TVs display options and have a play. Thanks for the advise.
Old 06-09-2015, 16:12   #2918
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I'll have a look through my TVs display options and have a play. Thanks for the advise.
Still got problems?
Old 10-09-2015, 17:49   #2919
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Windows 10 should be coming to the Xbox One previewers in the next few weeks.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...iew-users-soon
Old 10-09-2015, 20:54   #2920
alexcopeland
Inactive

I've recalibrated the whole picture displaying settings for both the Xbox One and my TV and it's improved it well. Sitting in front of my TV starring at it for what felt like hours adjusting and tweaking. It's seems nicer on the eye now.
Old 10-09-2015, 22:57   #2921
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I've never had a problem with my TV picture calibration luckily, just a case of plugged it in and switch on if I remember correctly, what problems did you have?
Old 11-09-2015, 06:37   #2922
alexcopeland
Inactive

One thing I'd advise to double check is whether your TV supports the higher deep colour modes. Simply selecting the highest value doesn't always give the best results. Secondly, most of my TVs processing gave a poorer picture and by turning of a majority of settings for dynamic contrasting and edge enhancing made the picture better. Finally tweaking the c olour, hue, brightness and contrast for around an hour did the trick.
Old 15-09-2015, 09:27   #2923
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Windows 10 deployment on the Xbox One is hopefully going to start this week with invites starting to be sent out to some Xbox One Preview members.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...owing-backlash
Old 16-09-2015, 21:58   #2924
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I'm intrigued out Win 10 on the X1

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2015, 22:36   #2925
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I'm intrigued out Win 10 on the X1
I hope i am in the first wave of invites as not all preview members for Xbox get it at the same time.