Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who : Season 6

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who : Season 6

Old 11-06-2011, 15:47   #241
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age
Re: Doctor Who : Season 6

Is it just me, or are eye patch woman and River Song/Melody just a bit too similar too each other?
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2011, 16:11   #242
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Cant be. If you remember the Ecclestone series in which Rose Tyler touched herself from the past.
Old 11-06-2011, 16:46   #243
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Cant be. If you remember the Ecclestone series in which Rose Tyler touched herself from the past.
One could easily be a ganger.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 20:29   #244
Dave9946
Inactive

Dave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the rough

Well SM does try to complicate the series arc, but please get rid of the series arc and give us memorable eps and scenes that have nothing to do with past current and furure eps. Just give us a propper series barring a 2 episode series ender!!!.
Dave9946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 08:29   #245
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Unfortunately I saw over on digital spy that dr who has been renewed for another 14 episodes.

I wish the BBC would just get rid of It now.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 11:28   #246
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

No-one's forcing you to watch it.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 11:44   #247
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
No-one's forcing you to watch it.
Can you tell me where I said I was forced to watch it?

Surely you're not trying to imply I shouldn't state my opinion because it disagrees with yours?

Anyway it WAS good when it came back - but now it's just getting worse.

I'd rather it stopped while it was still good and not faded away which it is doing.
Old 15-06-2011, 12:48   #248
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

it's like I said, Matt Smith doesn't have the presence to be an effective Doctor. No matter how effective the scripting he can't bring it off, and he doesn't have the right dynamic to bolster a weaker script.

We've reached the mid season hiatus and a cliff hangar and for the first time since watching Dr Who (Tom Baker years originally, but seen earlier episodes as I find them) I don't find myself particularly bothered about solving that cliffhanger.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 13:29   #249
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Sorry to hear you're disenchanted, Dilli and Nikon, but the statistics show that for the audience generally, Doctor Who is as popular as ever. It's not going to get cancelled any time soon, nor is there likely to be anyone at the top of the BBC food chain peering down and demanding the heads of Stephen Moffat or Matt Smith on a platter.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 13:34   #250
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Yup I know it won't be, it's just a real shame it'll get more and more crap. I do hope that when it does finish they actually do a proper last episode. I get much more wound up by none finished series

I am still watching it in the hope it picks up. I have only really liked two episodes so far this year.

But I will tune in when it returns in the hope it gets better
Old 15-06-2011, 15:56   #251
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Well for those that don't like it you won't have to put up with it as much next year

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...s-in-2012.html
Old 15-06-2011, 16:07   #252
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

A certain Doctor Who forum is in meltdown over this at the moment - the amount of paranoia on display is staggering.

I suspect they are simply switching to a US-style autumn/winter season with a Christmas break, so we will get 6 or 7 eps in autumn 2012, a break, a Christmas special, then the remaining 6 or 7 in the winter months at the start of 2013.

That then leaves them free to love-bomb autumn/winter 2013 and into 2014 ... 23 November 2013 being absolutely key, because that's the 50th anniversary. And in 2013 it's also a Saturday.
Old 15-06-2011, 16:11   #253
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
A certain Doctor Who forum is in meltdown over this at the moment - the amount of paranoia on display is staggering.

I suspect they are simply switching to a US-style autumn/winter season with a Christmas break, so we will get 6 or 7 eps in autumn 2012, a break, a Christmas special, then the remaining 6 or 7 in the winter months at the start of 2013.

That then leaves them free to love-bomb autumn/winter 2013 and into 2014 ... 23 November 2013 being absolutely key, because that's the 50th anniversary. And in 2013 it's also a Saturday.
Is that paranoia? Maybe they are switching to a US Style season. Makes sense given the information given 'only some will be shown in 2012'. Doctor Who's ratings declined towards the end of the season, as we enter June/July, in previous seasons didn't they?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 16:31   #254
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

No, what I'm suggesting isn't paranoia ... The paranoid suggestions over at Gallifrey Base are all along the lines of BBC cuts leading to a full Who season being reduced from 14 eps (including the Christmas special) to only 7 eps. They are concerned that all we will get is 7 in late 2012, 7 in early 2013 then a one-off in November 2013 if we're lucky.

I don't think that's the most natural reading of the information we have so far, but a whole section of fandom, especially those old enough to remember the classic series, still has a tendency to "put 2 and 2 together and get 1985" as someone over there aptly put it.
Old 15-06-2011, 16:35   #255
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
No, what I'm suggesting isn't paranoia ... The paranoid suggestions over at Gallifrey Base are all along the lines of BBC cuts leading to a full Who season being reduced from 14 eps (including the Christmas special) to only 7 eps. They are concerned that all we will get is 7 in late 2012, 7 in early 2013 then a one-off in November 2013 if we're lucky.

I don't think that's the most natural reading of the information we have so far, but a whole section of fandom, especially those old enough to remember the classic series, still has a tendency to "put 2 and 2 together and get 1985" as someone over there aptly put it.
Ah ok. I Missed the 'I suspect' part of your post.

It does seem the BBC like messing around with Doctor Who's scheduling though. First the '4 specials', then a proper season, now a spilt season, and a weird plan for next season.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote