Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus

Old 09-05-2024, 20:59   #2446
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
My immune system is all over the place due to cancer. I still have the booster vaccines and in fact have just had my booster last week.
I've got mine on the 21st. Week immune system from immunosuppressive drugs after my kidney and pancreas transplant last year.
Old 14-05-2024, 11:35   #2447
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I've been up for a few hours, and I feel perfectly normal. But I just said hello to the postie. I sound like Barry White! COVID symptom #246....
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2024, 16:52   #2448
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I've got mine on the 21st. Week immune system from immunosuppressive drugs after my kidney and pancreas transplant last year.
I hope you are doing ok.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2024, 18:24   #2449
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

According to the covidiots I should have died by now. Type 2 Diabetic so I’ve recently had my 4th or 5th booster (can’t remember now) and I’m still going.

Conspiracy theorists can get in the sea as far as I’m concerned.

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

Quote:
I hope you are doing ok.
+1

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2024, 19:43   #2450
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Thanks, am actually doing great now. 7th May was my 1yr anniversary since transplant. Organs working perfectly and classed as non diabetic now. Not needed to inject insulin since the transplant and eating and drinking whatever I want now. Kidney function of 65 which is really good for a single kidney.

Think next week is my 6th since the vaccine was introduced.

Sick of conspiracy theorists. Sadly my biological mum and her since are two such people. The amount of total rubbish they share on fb is insane.

Latest is that TV doctors like Dr Ranj were paid to promote vaccines on TV. Simply because a number of them received payments from AZ. They have no evidence other than records of payments to people, more than likely for research work or consultancy work.
Old 14-05-2024, 21:40   #2451
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Thanks, am actually doing great now. 7th May was my 1yr anniversary since transplant. Organs working perfectly and classed as non diabetic now. Not needed to inject insulin since the transplant and eating and drinking whatever I want now. Kidney function of 65 which is really good for a single kidney.

Think next week is my 6th since the vaccine was introduced.

Sick of conspiracy theorists. Sadly my biological mum and her since are two such people. The amount of total rubbish they share on fb is insane.

Latest is that TV doctors like Dr Ranj were paid to promote vaccines on TV. Simply because a number of them received payments from AZ. They have no evidence other than records of payments to people, more than likely for research work or consultancy work.
I agree it sounds like crap but in actual fairness to either side there's no clear, indisputable facts which is right yet.

It sounds to me as well like those stories are simply absolute tosh (JVT had shares in Glaxo, who were working on a vaccine too, but we didn't go for it, and it was only because he used to work for them) but I'm sure you'll agree that the covid pandemic was strange times. Some of the ways people were behaving and asking others to, some of the things which were said, some of the things which were said and done and then this was kind of tried to be changed by revisionists later... It will probably not, but it could well turn out to be true.

It's like a few years back when people who thought that the virus came from a lab leak were being told they were nutcases whilst the official line was that it probably came from a bat or a pangolin or something and that anyone who questioned it was immediately given dismissal and funny looks. But most people are now at least open to the lab leak idea or think it was what happened including states.

And the stuff about vaccine side effects, OK so whenever a footballer collapses on the pitch the anti vaxxers are on it (didn't stop them even when Christian Eriksen wasn't vaccinated) which is going too far but the vaccines are known to damage some people's hearts and other parts of their body and that this has been known since the start (it is listed in the label as a minor side effect), but it is only in a small group of people that this happens. It is possible that say if a sportsman collapses tomorrow that the vaccination had contributed but it might not have done and they're just using that as traction for their argument even if it's not true.

After all, who knows what will be the answer in a few years and they will probably be looking back and saying "oh back in 2022 they thought it came from a bat and that the vaccines didn't cause a spike in heart disease" as though we should have seen it coming. It's not known.

It's good to hear your kidney is doing well. Transplants are always a bit nervy until it's seen that your body has taken the new organ and is using it properly which isn't always the case. Hopefully you're near the end of getting back to normal...

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2024, 21:58   #2452
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

These days whenever a story is on FB about someone dying suddenly the usual covidiots pop and make pissy comments about “safe and effective”.

You know, as if people didn’t suddenly die before the vaccine.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-05-2024, 22:26   #2453
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
I agree it sounds like crap but in actual fairness to either side there's no clear, indisputable facts which is right yet.

It sounds to me as well like those stories are simply absolute tosh (JVT had shares in Glaxo, who were working on a vaccine too, but we didn't go for it, and it was only because he used to work for them) but I'm sure you'll agree that the covid pandemic was strange times. Some of the ways people were behaving and asking others to, some of the things which were said, some of the things which were said and done and then this was kind of tried to be changed by revisionists later... It will probably not, but it could well turn out to be true.

It's like a few years back when people who thought that the virus came from a lab leak were being told they were nutcases whilst the official line was that it probably came from a bat or a pangolin or something and that anyone who questioned it was immediately given dismissal and funny looks. But most people are now at least open to the lab leak idea or think it was what happened including states.

And the stuff about vaccine side effects, OK so whenever a footballer collapses on the pitch the anti vaxxers are on it (didn't stop them even when Christian Eriksen wasn't vaccinated) which is going too far but the vaccines are known to damage some people's hearts and other parts of their body and that this has been known since the start (it is listed in the label as a minor side effect), but it is only in a small group of people that this happens. It is possible that say if a sportsman collapses tomorrow that the vaccination had contributed but it might not have done and they're just using that as traction for their argument even if it's not true.

After all, who knows what will be the answer in a few years and they will probably be looking back and saying "oh back in 2022 they thought it came from a bat and that the vaccines didn't cause a spike in heart disease" as though we should have seen it coming. It's not known.

It's good to hear your kidney is doing well. Transplants are always a bit nervy until it's seen that your body has taken the new organ and is using it properly which isn't always the case. Hopefully you're near the end of getting back to normal...
Thanks yeah getting there. Next will come trying to get back to work after five years of not working

100% those who are 'awake' seem to have totally forgotten that every single medication and vaccine ever created has side effects ranging from mild to serious. Blaming every sudden death especially young adults or people that appear healthy on the jab or convid vaxx is just dumb.

However many of these so called experts seem to have been intelligent people at somepoint, and wether lockdown drove them crazy and they went down a rabbit hole never to emerge has yet to be seen. Chem trails, jabs, 15 mins cities, EVs and HAARP controlling weather seem to all go hand in hand with them.
Old 14-05-2024, 22:47   #2454
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
These days whenever a story is on FB about someone dying suddenly the usual covidiots pop and make pissy comments about “safe and effective”.

You know, as if people didn’t suddenly die before the vaccine.
It’s a fact that unfortunately some people did die from adverse reactions to the vaccines, specifically the non mRNA which I believe was the AZ vaccine.

And the group most affected was young women aged 12-29, who probably didn’t even need the vaccine. So anyone in that cohort that died wouldn’t have “suddenly die before the
vaccine

The numbers, compared to how many doses of the vaccine were administered…...6 in every 100,000. Could be considered small. But there were 2 billion AZ vaccines administered.

So 2 billion divided by 100,000 divided by 6 and divided by 2 (because it only affected women)

= 1,500 dead young women that didn’t need to be.

Would you admonish a covidiot if that was his wife or daughter? That died unnecessarily?

I accept that given the volume of vaccines administered, that these numbers may be in the acceptable side affect window, or not, but the issue is no one knew, and they pushed the roll out, and they pushed it to the demographics that didn’t need it…..anyone under 50 in good health.

Mistakes were made, but no one is accountable because the vaccine producers had non-liability clauses in their contracts.

People have died unnecessarily and their loved ones have a right to be angry and they’re not “covidiotes” which is a very glib and dismissive term to a genuine concern.

Given that you experienced glib and dismissive remarks to your real experiences of ADHD, I thought you may have had a more pragmatic view on such things.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...020to25may2022

https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-ce...approval.html#
Old 15-05-2024, 04:23   #2455
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
AstraZeneca Sued Over Covid-19 Vaccine Clinical Trial Injury

AstraZeneca is being sued by a woman who claims she was disabled by the companys Covid-19 vaccine during a clinical trial and that the drugmaker has failed to live up to its contractual obligations to cover her medical costs.

http://news.bloomberglaw.com/health-...l-trial-injury

I dont think anyone can sue as they made people sign something didnt they??
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2024, 06:56   #2456
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: AstraZeneca Sued Over Covid-19 Vaccine Clinical Trial Injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
AstraZeneca is being sued by a woman who claims she was disabled by the companys Covid-19 vaccine during a clinical trial and that the drugmaker has failed to live up to its contractual obligations to cover her medical costs.

http://news.bloomberglaw.com/health-...l-trial-injury

I dont think anyone can sue as they made people sign something didnt they??
That something is the contract which she believes - rightly or wrongly - they are not honouring. So she can sue.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2024, 09:06   #2457
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post

Given that you experienced glib and dismissive remarks to your real experiences of ADHD, I thought you may have had a more pragmatic view on such things.
Not at all. Most covidiots spouting bollards about this were not personally affected by those dying during the pandemic, or since. They just see a report of someone “dying unexpectedly” then shriek “The Vaccine!!!” as if nobody ever died unexpectedly before it. Conspiracy-based hand-wringing.

The effing state of it.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 15-05-2024, 16:18   #2458
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I am at the hospital next Monday for a camera inspection. I am so hoping it has not come back. If it has not i have been clear for a year.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2024, 21:31   #2459
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I hope it comes out good Sirius
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2024, 22:04   #2460
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
I am at the hospital next Monday for a camera inspection. I am so hoping it has not come back. If it has not i have been clear for a year.
Best of luck.

I'm in the day after my booster for a procedure on my esophagus to stretch it with a balloon due to long term swallowing issues.normally in and out but due to all my other health things ill need to stay overnight for observation.