Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | X Factor: 2010

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

X Factor: 2010

Old 05-12-2010, 21:16   #226
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star
Re: X Factor: 2010

Did you just see the clip that was just shown on Xtra factor of cheryl Cole? That was so so funny. She had a face like a fish
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2010, 21:17   #227
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Arthur I think you imagined the whole thing about Cheryl there.

Have I just upset the foil hat brigade??

Cher was better at her song than Mary. However Simon could have chosen Cher as he knows his act will still have a better chance of winning.
Old 05-12-2010, 21:27   #228
Sasha222
Inactive

I think Mary was way better than Cher and also Cher acts like a spoilt brat and I dont know why the judges backed her to go through to the final. Matt is the best out of the ones gone through to the final.
Old 05-12-2010, 22:41   #229
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrankie View Post
It also annoys me when Katy Perry sang live and everyone went mad because she sounded awful!, i don't think she was that bad.
I have to admit, I don't think Katy Perry is a great singer. She looks good, is entertaining to listen to (whether singing or on chat shows, she does seem to be quite funny) and has entertaining songs, but I don't think she has a great voice. As such, I think Katy Perry is a great show woman, but not a great singer. She is far from the only one. One other example I can think of is Madonna.

Leona Lewis is the total opposite, apart from she still looks good (so not the opposite to that). She can sing beautifully, but isn't actually that entertaining when talking in interviews.

Is the show fixed? I think it is. I've suspected that for a long time. Think about it. Simon Cowell owns the rights. Simon Cowell seems to favour marketing singers to the 16 to 25 market. Apart from the odd older singer (SuBo), he doesn't seem interested in the older people.

Simon Cowell wants the winner to have the Christmas No. 1 single. This is a lot less likely to happen with an older singer.

Having said, he also seems to favour young boy singers, or groups.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 23:19   #230
Sasha222
Inactive

Who is Katy Parry?
Old 06-12-2010, 00:12   #231
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

http://www.katyperry.com/

Look at the above for some photos, video and songs.

I think her first single is the most recognisable, it's called "I kissed a girl (and I liked it)".

She is also famous for (now) being Mrs Russell Brand.

And regarding my comments above, don't get me wrong, I don't actually think Katy Perry is bad singer. I just think she's good rather than great.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 00:28   #232
Sasha222
Inactive

Thanks for the link Stewart. Ya shounds good and the song was catchy. But my favorite is Leona Lewis. She is the best thing to come out of X Factor and they will never again get talent like her. I dont care if she gives good or bad interviews as long she keeps singing the way she sings I'm happy
Old 06-12-2010, 13:13   #233
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Sorry Stephen, but you must be living on a different planet, if you think that Cher is a better singer than Mary, Cher is a young girl who will crack under the strain of the music business.

She shown this in recent weeks, with the croc tears etc, Mary sung much better than Cher, and if you have read the media today, not just in one paper, but many.

It was agreed that Cher will sing a duet with Cheryl, and this was arranged before the show, and the voting was changed also,it should have gone done to the phone vote, rules cannot be changed during the show.

I believe, as l have said before there has to be fairness in shows like this, l think that when this show is over, most of the acts, will be forgotten. but a couple of people will go far, Wagner is a hit, like Jedward, where are the rest, no where.

I don't think Mary would have won, my winner will be One Driection,SC will arrange that, followed by Matt, but i wouldn't surprise me if Rebecca won, as she is brilliant.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 13:26   #234
Sasha222
Inactive

I cant see what the judges see in her as a good artist because all I have seen her do is put a bad into a song and that was it. She is also a very rude little madam and was out of order the way she spoke to Danni the othre night. Pity who ever gets to manage her after the X factor as they wont have an easy time with her thats for sure.

I was surprised at the sing of last night as the any act going through to the final was always down to the public vote. Oh well she wont win anyway and will be long forgotton in a couple of months
Old 06-12-2010, 16:34   #235
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Why all the outcry and fuss. Mary and Cher were in the bottom two of the public vote. Tehy have both been in the bottom two before. Therefore whoever was voted through doesn't stand a chance of winning as clearly neither have a strong public backing.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 19:04   #236
Sasha222
Inactive

The outcry and fuss is not because they were in the bottom two. It's the first time that they done a sing of in the semi final. It's always down to the public who sends the person home with the lowest votes. Nobody knew when they were voting that there was going to be a sing of and think that the judges knew that Cher might have got the lowest votes so then in the last minute decided on the sing of
Old 07-12-2010, 00:47   #237
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

OOOOOH how i loved Glee on the x factor, by far the best guest stars.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:48   #238
Sasha222
Inactive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTcGVtJZgc0 This is brill Leona singing with the guy from Glee
Old 07-12-2010, 09:43   #239
Boaz
cf.addict

Boaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really nice

I feel that Matt is the best artist they have for this series and hope he goes all out to win it. Rebecca second in line. Not a great fan of her voice, it goes through me and One Direction to come third.

Mary has a good voice but not a great voice. Cher is great at rap but not a great singer. I think Mary deserved to go through more than Cher. I was surprised that Danni choose Cher over Mary. I thought Danni wasn't keen on Cher from her comments over the past few weeks. Makes me feel that something was said about that so it didn't go to a public vote! Totally unaceptable to have gone to a sing off imo.
Boaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:45   #240
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

On Saturday Cher Lloyd attempted to sing Britney Spears song "Everytime" if you would like to hear it sung properly just click the link and you might even recognise it unlike Saturday's poor rendition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRHAXSRcSH0
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote