Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Talk 2006/2007 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Talk 2006/2007 Season
Closed Thread

Old 19-05-2007, 18:30   #2251
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
Re: Football Talk 2006/2007 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
Indeed it was, but only after Giggs's momentum had pushed even Cech over the line....

You cant be seriously arguing that that was a goal can you?
It wasn't a goal but I do think it should have been a pen.
Advertisement
Old 19-05-2007, 18:32   #2252
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
almost as ridulous as thinking it was a goal....... just be happy with ya premiership title and let us dissapointed chelsea fans enjoy the FA cup mate.........

I tell you what though, as soon as Kalou can start to finish he will be scoring some decent goals.
Old 19-05-2007, 18:34   #2253
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
almost as ridulous as thinking it was a goal.......
Why?
Old 19-05-2007, 19:01   #2254
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Nottingham Forest manager Colin Calderwood:

The person who made poor decisions was you Calderwood - substitutions that cost us the match. Prutton who got himself sent off (idiot) and even worse, bringing on Morgan - that caused confusion at the back allowing them to score, and then he gave them the forth goal FOC, and then we ended up as nine men because wright was crippled and we had no more subs to bring on.

That said, we played very poorly (bloody sky camera jinx again) the better team on the day won.

I don't think Yeovil will get promoted though - I expect them to be meeting Blackpool, and I expect Blackpool to win.
Yeah, CC's dour defensiveness forced Yeovil to be even more vigorous attacking us. Every time we got it... HOOOOOOF. And taking off Dobie (who was surprisingly good), Lester and McGugan for Prutton (who didn't do much apart from foul - but it is part of his game to get stuck in), Grant Holt (fair enough, but clearly half fit) and Morgan (what was he thinking?)...

And Morgan's behaviour after the game - total disgrace. Breckin sticks a finger up at fans and is castigated and forced to apologise, but at least he didn't lay fists on fans. He should be handed his P45 and whilst the P45s are out give one to CC as well.

Old 19-05-2007, 19:01   #2255
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

have to say apart from Scholes and Rooney who tried in a lone striker role not suited to his game no one else performed.. if we had put the ball in the net we would have won

Chelsea were no better and were prepared to wait for pens

they scored from a free kick that never was though as Smith won the ball
Old 19-05-2007, 19:40   #2256
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Indeed it was, but only after Giggs's momentum had pushed even Cech over the line....

You cant be seriously arguing that that was a goal can you?
No free kick was given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Plus, how was the linesman and referee supposed to see it, as there were players in the way?
Another case for goal line technology to be used in football?
Old 19-05-2007, 21:53   #2257
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
if we had put the ball in the net we would have won
Sorry, but are you John Motson, with that statement?

Quote:
I am curious...why should it have been a penalty?
Old 19-05-2007, 23:22   #2258
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

The referee or the linesman saw the ball over the line so couldnt have given the goal. If they had seen the incident clearly they would (or should have ) given a foul against Cech.

I can't beleive there are people here who have the benefit of TV and replays to suggest it wasnt a foul on Cech, and that the goal should have stood. Maybe their argument should be re-phrased something a long the lines of ..."Although I know that Giggs slid into Cech, taking him, and the ball, over the line unseen by the referee, he should have given a goal anyway."

Was it a penalty, well Ryan Giggs didnt seem to think so............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up/6668517.stm

"He said: "It was clearly over the line - that's what I was asking for. I could see it was over the line and the referee didn't give a free-kick so it was a goal.
"I felt I was getting to the ball quite comfortably and felt someone touch my leg.
"But I was claiming for the goal not the penalty.
Old 19-05-2007, 23:30   #2259
Mal
Inactive

Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

I don't think that it was a foul, it was just one of those things where it would have been impossible for the ref to give, from the position of the players and the goalie. Goalies get slightly more protection from the refs than is necessary in my opinion. IMO, there was nothing malicious in what Giggs did, he had every right to go for the ball and he just went into Cech, who was just too close to the line to stop. (I am not saying that because I am an Utd fan, before anyone thinks that, if it was against Utd, I would say the same).
Old 19-05-2007, 23:48   #2260
yesman

Excuse the intrusion, I just thought The Daddy might like to see this

Carry on peeps

Old 20-05-2007, 00:01   #2261
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
I am curious...why should it have been a penalty?
Because without the contact from Essien I think Giggs stays on his feet and has a better chance of scoring
Old 20-05-2007, 00:04   #2262
Mal
Inactive

Quote:
Because without the contact from Essien I think Giggs stays on his feet and has a better chance of scoring
To be honest, Essien was just doing what he was supposed to do. To me, he didn't do anything wrong (which was a shame ) He is there to defend...
Old 20-05-2007, 00:12   #2263
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
To be honest, Essien was just doing what he was supposed to do. To me, he didn't do anything wrong (which was a shame ) He is there to defend...
Would Giggs have fallen without contact from Essien?
Did Essien play the ball?
Old 20-05-2007, 00:15   #2264
Mal
Inactive

Quote:
Would Giggs have fallen without contact from Essien?
Did Essien play the ball?
To me, Giggs was sliding in, to try to reach the ball and Essien was along side.
Old 20-05-2007, 00:25   #2265
gazzae
Inactive

From what I remember Essien was behind Giggs and made contact with the back of this legs.

Can't find it on youtube will have a look tomorrow
Closed Thread