Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 21:07   #2116
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

*Finally*!

No more jumping through hoops!

Oh, as for "xbox one is a bit iffy with internet still"... My Xbox One behaves perfectly with my Sky router... Maybe it's the SuperHub?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2014, 21:17   #2117
cookster
Inactive

cookster is on a distinguished roadcookster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROTER View Post
First of all if you are opening ports manually to your Xbox do not use a DMZ so undo this first, turn off UPnP and all firewall features on the router. Do not turn off NAT.

http://portforward.com/

Follow the instructions from the link above and be sure to set up static ip to the Xbox. It may be worth checking the DHCP list of the router first to get the Mac and IP address of the XBone.
1. In Brown writing near the top of the page pick the one that applies (How to port forward the Xbox one) your console.
2. Then pick your router from the list, Supper hub one and two are made by Netgear. Then scroll down and pick Virgin_Media_Super_Hub_2 from the list.
3. Follow the instructions on how to set static IP and what ports need to be opened for your make of router.
4. Power down the router and Xbox for a minute and then do a multi player network test in settings on XBone. (Nat Open?)

I did read that for call of duty ghosts you may also need port 3075 to be forwarded. This may well be linked only to people that also have a 360 on their network?

Also I have had a problem with XBone mic not working due to the way the kinect associates which profile to who is holding the controller. So you can try turning off Kinect, or before loading your game select settings then kinect. Here you can see yourself with your profile name above your head.
Do you see a controller next to your profile name? If not make sure kinect can see the lights on the front of the controller and press a button. Now you should see a little controller by your name.
I have been drinking so am struggling, I will check back tomorrow.
Thanks for the hint mate but I give up! Followed it word for word and still getting a strict NAT.

Looks like I'm going to have to move to BT or Sky.
cookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 19:56   #2118
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

New update available for those in the Preview.

Also an update for the Preview registration app, adding the ability to invite people... Anyone want in?
Old 08-04-2014, 20:10   #2119
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
Bulky has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

Also an update for the Preview registration app, adding the ability to invite people... Anyone want in?
Please , still not had an invite off microsoft even though I've been registered
Old 08-04-2014, 21:03   #2120
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

I'll do it when I'm next on
Old 08-04-2014, 23:14   #2121
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone else want in as can do it myself

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

invited u bulky so see what happens mate
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:28   #2122
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I've not got the next preview software yet, and I am in the beta testing
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:19   #2123
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:

Not had chance to go on preview forums, what changes are there?

My preview app updated yesterday and can now confirm it does now let invites. Anyone that is on my friends list and wants and invite send me a message on Xbox Live and ill do it later on this evening
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 13:39   #2124
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
It may not have rolled out to you yet, or you may already have it and not realise. Some people already had silent updates and so would not notice if there was a new version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Not had chance to go on preview forums, what changes are there?

My preview app updated yesterday and can now confirm it does now let invites. Anyone that is on my friends list and wants and invite send me a message on Xbox Live and ill do it later on this evening
http://news.xbox.com/2014/04/xbox-on...e-new-features
Old 09-04-2014, 19:32   #2125
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Yes please! Been keen for a while!

GT: Acathla

Thanks.
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 20:13   #2126
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
the new one ends in 405 and u can update manually if u go to setting/system aand option at bottom to update. if u ain't got it by 9/4 1am Pacific Time u get prompt as soon as u put xbox one on
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 20:36   #2127
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acathla View Post
Yes please! Been keen for a while!

GT: Acathla

Thanks.
Invited.
Old 09-04-2014, 21:28   #2128
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Invited.
Thanks. Hopefully it will be available soon
Old 10-04-2014, 17:26   #2129
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Anyone know where i can easily buy a £50 Microsoft gift card for £44 or less as cdkeys is sold out and Amazon is delivered through the post i think?
Old 10-04-2014, 20:02   #2130
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Amazon have it for £44.86

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Live-Gi...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Oh and it is a Online Game Code rather than through the post.