Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 27-02-2014, 19:21   #1951
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Mine has finally started the update process after i manually switched the console on.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Is there a setting i need to change for 50hz output for the TV as i don't have anything to test it on really other than the Sky News ticker?

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

This is annoying i just can't tell if it has changed anything on my TV or not as i still have to keep Film Mode Auto 1 switched off on my TV or i get some panning judder through the V+, i have nothing else to test so disappointed i have to yet again keep this setting turned off.
Old 27-02-2014, 19:25   #1952
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Mine has finally started the update process after i manually switched the console on.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Is there a setting i need to change for 50hz output for the TV as i don't have anything to test it on really other than the Sky News ticker?

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

This is annoying i just can't tell if it has changed anything on my TV or not as i still have to keep Film Mode Auto 1 switched off on my TV or i get some panning judder through the V+, i have nothing else to test so disappointed i have to yet again keep this setting turned off.
On some TV's you can check the input details like mine TV for example is an LG and if i use the LG TV remote and press ok it tells me the resolution and the refresh rate
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 20:26   #1953
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
On some TV's you can check the input details like mine TV for example is an LG and if i use the LG TV remote and press ok it tells me the resolution and the refresh rate
I can't do any of that, but my picture is always judder free if i turn Film auto 1 off on my TV so it is all good, but i was expecting it to make it judder free with it on.
Old 27-02-2014, 21:19   #1954
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
I can't do any of that, but my picture is always judder free if i turn Film auto 1 off on my TV so it is all good, but i was expecting it to make it judder free with it on.
Not sure then but if 50Hz option is turned on then it should be all good
Old 27-02-2014, 21:38   #1955
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Not sure then but if 50Hz option is turned on then it should be all good
Turned on? Is there a setting I need to select?
Old 27-02-2014, 21:39   #1956
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Turned on? Is there a setting I need to select?
1. Go to Settings

2. Select TV & OneGuide

3. Select Troubleshooting

4. Select Video

5. Select Enable 50Hz to enable this setting.
Old 27-02-2014, 21:50   #1957
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
1. Go to Settings

2. Select TV & OneGuide

3. Select Troubleshooting

4. Select Video

5. Select Enable 50Hz to enable this setting.
Excellent thanks the problem is now fixed for me, the sky news ticker is smooth. They sure hid that setting though!
Old 27-02-2014, 21:52   #1958
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Excellent thanks the problem is now fixed for me, the sky news ticker is smooth. They sure hid that setting though!
Glad its sorted
Old 27-02-2014, 21:57   #1959
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Glad its sorted
I noticed that games still run in 60hz which is good.
Old 27-02-2014, 22:08   #1960
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
I noticed that games still run in 60hz which is good.
Yep. When watching TV and you go back to dash the dash stays at 50Hz and then as you as you go to another app or snap tv the side it goes 60Hz
Old 27-02-2014, 23:38   #1961
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Update installing now!
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 07:43   #1962
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Update installing now!
Glad you finally got it!
Old 28-02-2014, 17:51   #1963
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

theres a new update been released lads ain't got it yet tho
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 18:11   #1964
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryn9000 View Post
theres a new update been released lads ain't got it yet tho
Any idea what is in it?
Old 28-02-2014, 18:29   #1965
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Any idea what is in it?
Its a stability update and fixes a few things with sign in and IE