Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | rugby talk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

rugby talk

Old 13-04-2005, 18:22   #181
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: rugby talk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...al/4439621.stm

Such sour grapes - you can be sure it wouldn't happen to the England side

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-04-2005, 18:47   #182
Earl of Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...al/4439621.stm

Such sour grapes - you can be sure it wouldn't happen to the England side
Gotta agree with you 100% there Russ, rather a disgraceful attitude to be taken by Premier Rugby Limited.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:02   #183
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Exclamation Re: rugby talk

You know i'd like rugby alot more if there was more of this.

sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 15:19   #184
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
Lions on Tour

Does anyone know what time the match between Bay of Plenty and the Lions kicks off at tomorrow? Skys coverage starts at 7:30am but it doesn't say what time the match starts at. Don't want to get up any earlier than I have to!
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 15:30   #185
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Kick-off is at 8:10
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 15:32   #186
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Set the alarm for 8:09 then
Old 22-06-2005, 11:33   #187
gazzae
Inactive

Wilkinson at 12 instead of Henson?
No Williams in the 22?
No Shanklin in the 22?
Greenwood and Dawson both in the 22?
No Murphy?
Old 23-06-2005, 12:47   #188
marcopolio
Inactive

marcopolio is on a distinguished roadmarcopolio is on a distinguished road

Wilkinson has been picked at 12 to counter the unbelievable talent that is Richie McCaw at openside.

McCaw has made a career of destroying an oppoisitions play by targeting the stand off, reducing his game to punts at best. With Jones at 10 and Wilkinson at 12, you have two genuine fly halfs enabling you to go open or blind, and pull the NZ pack around, allowing Peel to snipe through the middle.

By the way, I would be very suprised in Robinson plays full back for the whole game - he may wear 15 but he and Lewsy will exchange positions constantly to change the angles of attack.
marcopolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 13:49   #189
Orior
Permanently Banned

Orior has reached the bronze age
Orior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze ageOrior has reached the bronze age

I cannot see the point of this Lions team as I'd much rather see individual countries playing each other.

To me, this is a bit like an all-Europe team doing a tour of Brazil, playing a few clubs and then playing Brazil. So what.
Orior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 15:49   #190
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orior
I cannot see the point of this Lions team as I'd much rather see individual countries playing each other.
Yeah - it's nicer when Wales doesn't have to share the glory with others

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 09:18   #191
gazzae
Inactive

Well that was embarrassing.

Maybe the next test Woodward will stick to what he said at the start of the tour and pick the team on form, not on reputation.
Old 27-06-2005, 09:44   #192
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

Here's my 5 pennurth for what it's worth. I'm a big admirer of Shane Williams he's the type of player that I would pay money to see. Having watched him for years with Neath and then the Ospreys I was worried if he'd cope with people like Rococokko and the new sensation Rico Gear (watch Super12s and you know who I mean) he (Gear) can't even get in the test 22. It was the physical side I thought might be a problem for Shane.

As regards the Henson issue if you listen to SCW's arguement how Peel and Jones played against the French in the 6 nations then it would have made sense to play Henson at 12. I think Jonny W didn't have enough match practice before he went although I must say some of his tackling on Saturday showed he wasn't afraid of getting stuck in.

The main issue was the front 5 no ball no can play, line out a shambles. It still amazes me that in the professional era with all the practice done on throwing in we could not win any decent lineout ball. I still think the test team (or the majority of them) should have had a runout every Saturday before the test. Been watching the 97 Lions to South Africa under Ian McGeechan what a difference.

I want to the beat the AB's but now it will be 200% more difficult after losing the first test. Solution don't know Mike Ruddock is due out in NZ soon if I were him I'd stay at home and get a tan
bayonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 10:05   #193
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayonet
Here's my 5 pennurth for what it's worth. I'm a big admirer of Shane Williams he's the type of player that I would pay money to see. Having watched him for years with Neath and then the Ospreys I was worried if he'd cope with people like Rococokko and the new sensation Rico Gear (watch Super12s and you know who I mean) he (Gear) can't even get in the test 22. It was the physical side I thought might be a problem for Shane.
It could have been, and I also think he lacks a bit with his defensive game, but when you're 21 points down you need a player like Williams who can change a game. He should have at least be on the bench as plan B, but its painfully obvious that there was no plan B.

I was impressed by Wilko's tackling, some of this kicking left a lot to be desired.

The lineout was a complete shambles, it seemed like a lot of players didn't know what the call was, and when Byrne threw in too early which gifted NZ an easy try it was diabolical.
Old 27-06-2005, 10:47   #194
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

I'm not one to ask for the Welsh XV to play for the Lions. Reason it's a Grand Slam after one season nest year will show if this side are any good. In 1971 there were a lot of good English Duckham Pullin Irish WJM Mike Gibson and a few Scots as well. SCW's comment that this was the best prepared side may be correct but without a plan on how you're going to play either the kicking game or run it wide being well prepared means absolutley nothing. Much as he was a pain the a**e they are missing a Martin Johnson type of player/character to lead from the front.
bayonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 19:16   #195
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

I agree with what your saying about the lineout situation. You would have thought that the players out there with all the time they have had to practice could throw a ball to their own player (I know its not as simple as that!).

Hopefully that defeat will give them a kick up the backside and get them into gear for the next match where i hope Clive Woodward learns from his mistake of playing players out of position, or not their prefered position (Wilkinson at centre instead of No 10 and Robinson at fullback instead of on the wing).

It wont help loosing Hill, O'driscoll and Grewcock (What was he thinking )

We will just have to hope for the best
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote