Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 16-02-2014, 19:02   #1831
djstevie
Inactive

Services: Sky HD+ Multiroom, Sky BB Unlimited, Sky Talk Unlimited.
djstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Xbox One Thread

My Day One Controller stopped syncing via wireless for some reason and only worked whilst connected with the cable. MS agreed it was faulty and i ended up getting a replacement day one controller.

I still have the faulty one and will eventually take it apart to see if it can be fixed but i reckon the wireless part on the controller is goosed.
djstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-02-2014, 19:48   #1832
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstevie View Post
My Day One Controller stopped syncing via wireless for some reason and only worked whilst connected with the cable. MS agreed it was faulty and i ended up getting a replacement day one controller.

I still have the faulty one and will eventually take it apart to see if it can be fixed but i reckon the wireless part on the controller is goosed.
It is good you got a day one replacement and that you still have the other controller.
Old 16-02-2014, 19:57   #1833
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Wayne, did you get your Xbox One from Amazon?

Someone at the Xbox.com forums used Amazon's chat support to get a refund for just the cost of a controller so they could buy a replacement one:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/x....aspx?pi7406=8

http://imgur.com/uU2qdU0
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 20:33   #1834
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I did buy from Amazon yes
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 19:06   #1835
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

MS is going to start doing deals on the digital marketplace, starting with Ryse:

http://www3.britxbox.co.uk/blog/2014...gital-pricing/

£34.99 from the 18th to the 24th of February. At that price I'm actually quite tempted.
Old 17-02-2014, 22:46   #1836
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
MS is going to start doing deals on the digital marketplace, starting with Ryse:

http://www3.britxbox.co.uk/blog/2014...gital-pricing/

£34.99 from the 18th to the 24th of February. At that price I'm actually quite tempted.
If they did alot of deals at £35 i would be tempted for sure as £55 is a ripoff.
Old 17-02-2014, 23:56   #1837
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I've got it on my rental list but at that price I may buy it on Friday...
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 00:05   #1838
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

An interesting read here about the change to the X1 upscaler in last weekends update.

I am still concerned about the fact that most games on the PS4 are 1080p and if this doesn't improve on the X1 i may endup buying a PS4 although i don't really want to. I am hoping that the rumoured performance boost to the way esram is used will sort out the 1080p issue, but i don't expect miracles!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...box-one-scaler
Old 18-02-2014, 09:03   #1839
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Played Dead Rising 3 last night, and had fun running over zombies in the road roller.

I had a guy join my game and he was great, he was obviously a high rank than me and helped me get to the next part of the mission without triggering the next part without me being there.

Tonight I'm gonna set my tablet up to smartglass.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 10:35   #1840
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Played Dead Rising 3 last night, and had fun running over zombies in the road roller.

I had a guy join my game and he was great, he was obviously a high rank than me and helped me get to the next part of the mission without triggering the next part without me being there.

Tonight I'm gonna set my tablet up to smartglass.
Have you played Titanfall yet seeing the beta ends tomorrow?

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 ----------

Is anyone else considering getting a PS4 over the 720p, 1080p PS4 issue? After seeing posts like this it is really starting to bug me and making me think i bought too early?

The graphics difference is substantial on the PS4 version of MGS and the X1 version looks too similar to the 360 version!

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/11...entry596266459
Old 18-02-2014, 12:38   #1841
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
Bulky has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Have you played Titanfall yet seeing the beta ends tomorrow?

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 ----------

Is anyone else considering getting a PS4 over the 720p, 1080p PS4 issue? After seeing posts like this it is really starting to bug me and making me think i bought too early?

The graphics difference is substantial on the PS4 version of MGS and the X1 version looks too similar to the 360 version!

I've always stated i will probably get a ps4 at some point , however it wouldn't be for multiplats , still don't care if it looks better on one than the other , Titanfall , halo , gears of war that's why i bought an xbox one , when ps4 release the new unchartered game or something that looks amazing (gameplay wise) then that's when i will buy
Old 18-02-2014, 20:26   #1842
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post

I'd always planned on getting both. Xbox for exclusive and multi-platform, PS4 for exclusives. Same as the last generation...

The Xbox One's resolution issue with multi-platform games hasn't made me wish I had a PS4 for those instead. I still prefer XBL to PSN, still have more Friends on XBL than PSN, still have more Achievements than Trophies, and still prefer the controller.
Old 18-02-2014, 21:39   #1843
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

how do I get my game clips onto my laptop, and saved in to a MP4 format?

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 21:48   #1844
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

You need to use Upload Studio to share to XBL *and* SkyDrive.

Once your clips are on SkyDrive, you can share them from there (I use the SkyDrive iOS app to create public view-only links and then use Bitly to turn those into nice shareable shortlinks) or download them as MP4 files and put them somewhere else. You can download from SkyDrive via the desktop browser, or via the SkyDrive desktop or mobile apps.

I've got 10 clips so far that I have shared to XBL & SkyDrive (I had a few more but deleted them as I used some to make 5-clip compilations instead).

I've also started putting them on YouTube too: YouTube - TezcatlipocaXBL

(I used the SkyDrive app to download the clips to my iPad and export them to the YouTube Capture app)
Old 19-02-2014, 00:52   #1845
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I'd always planned on getting both. Xbox for exclusive and multi-platform, PS4 for exclusives. Same as the last generation...

The Xbox One's resolution issue with multi-platform games hasn't made me wish I had a PS4 for those instead. I still prefer XBL to PSN, still have more Friends on XBL than PSN, still have more Achievements than Trophies, and still prefer the controller.
I just hope the next big update lets developers provide 1080p more easily as rumoured then i won't get a PS4.

---------- Post added 19-02-2014 at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was 18-02-2014 at 23:00 ----------

Anyone buying ryse for £33.59 from the store?

https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-On...e-2dcf67d2c147