Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 26-06-2012, 11:40   #1756
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

My guess... STM got fixed
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-06-2012, 12:52   #1757
nn012
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Phone.
nn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quads

Maintenance in my area this morning, was offline for a few hours:

nn012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 14:39   #1758
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

hmmm
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 15:02   #1759
nn012
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Phone.
nn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quads

5th downstream channel has been added today, that would probably explain the reduction of spikes. I'm due the doubling from July onwards.
nn012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 15:09   #1760
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

upgrade before 8am?

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 15:55   #1761
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

I wish i could say my R36 upgrade was better than the VMNG300, but up to now it isnt

Seems a lot more testy during peak hours than my VMNG300. Off peak, i can't fault it, latency seems a lot more stable and doesn't jump hardly, but soon as it starts getting busy it's all over the place, where as that wasn't the case with the VMNG300... seems to go from one extreme to the other.

I'll give it a few more days but im not seeing the sort of improvements i've seen with others. Ironically, i'm seeing "better" results in combo mode as opposed to modem mode, which is surprising too! I will post graphs at a later date as i only upgraded yesterday.
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 16:30   #1762
jamonymo
Inactive

Services: 100mb virgin media tivo
jamonymo is an unknown quantity at this point

after months of complaining and money of my bills looks like virgin media started to try and fix my problem, super went down last night and when it came back on all my SFID numbers had changed my Chanels id,s had all changed and now i have 6 downstream channels instead of four, look at my chart you can clearly see the improvement , my jitters are now always under 5 ,4 ,3 ,2, i wonder if they are going to add 2 more downstream channels again too make it 8 in total. i wonder how long this will last

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
i wonder how long this will last

also my Downstream Channels power level is way to high at 58.0 dBmV, virgin media are replacing my rg cable on the road for a new better rg cable that will fix my power levels and improve 100mb stability

please tell me your thought and advice on the new rg cable thank you
jamonymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 16:40   #1763
boroboi
cf.geek

boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

58dBmV on downstream power? Your internet would be completely down not to mention your graph would be just atrociously worse than before the upgrade on the chart above.
Old 26-06-2012, 17:57   #1764
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Firmware bug. New channels show up with an incorrect power reading until the Superhub is fully power cycled.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 18:39   #1765
jamonymo
Inactive

my power level was tested by an engenier they are way to high no bug , the new rg cable will bring then down, also my 2 new downstream chanels are real no bug as i had a ticket open for a fix date of high utilization on 4 july , trhey fixed it early , look at the improovmant of my chart last night and today after they aded 2 new channels

Startup Procedure
Procedure Status Comment
Acquire Downstream Channel 307000000 Hz Locked
Connectivity State OK Operational
Boot State OK Operational
Configuration File OK
Security Enabled BPI+
Downstream Channels
Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Max Raw Bit Rate Frequency Power SNR Docsis/EuroDocsis locked
Locked QAM256 6 55616000 Kbits/sec 307000000 Hz 1.3 dBmV 40.9 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 1 55616000 Kbits/sec 267000000 Hz 0.4 dBmV 41.1 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 2 55616000 Kbits/sec 275000000 Hz 0.5 dBmV 40.8 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 3 55616000 Kbits/sec 283000000 Hz -0.1 dBmV 41.5 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 4 55616000 Kbits/sec 291000000 Hz -0.5 dBmV 40.3 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 5 55616000 Kbits/sec 299000000 Hz 1.1 dBmV 39.7 dB Hybrid
Unlocked Unknown 0 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB Unknown
Unlocked Unknown 0 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB Unknown
Upstream Channels
Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Max Raw Bit Rate Frequency Power
Locked ATDMA 1 20480 Kbits/sec 35800000 Hz 58.0 dBmV
Unlocked Unknown 0 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV
Primary Downstream Service Flow
Downstream(0)
SFID 200
Max Traffic Rate 111000000 bps
Max Traffic Burst 10000 bytes
Mix Traffic Rate 0 bps
Primary Upstream Service Flow
Upstream(0)
SFID 199
Max Traffic Rate 5120000 bps
Max Traffic Burst 16320 bytes
Mix Traffic Rate 0 bps
Max Concatenated Burst 16320 bytes
Scheduling Type Best Effort

Old 26-06-2012, 18:43   #1766
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

call tech support and get a tech booked to lower your upstream power level. he'll jiggle at the cabinet.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 18:59   #1767
boroboi
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamonymo View Post
my power level was tested by an engenier
Your downstream power levels are fine, which is what you stated were the problem.

Upload however is high
Old 26-06-2012, 19:02   #1768
jamonymo
Inactive

i have already done that, 2 engineer have beed around and they have to change the rg cable from my house to the cabinet as i have a old version of the cable and i am on 100mg so they need to upgrade the cable for stability and future speed upgrades, they are doing the work on monday they say , also they said more than 1 engineer is needed to change the cable

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
call tech support and get a tech booked to lower your upstream power level. he'll jiggle at the cabinet.
sorry i mean Upstream Channel power levels 58.0 dBmV

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

sorry i mean Upstream Channel power levels 58.0 dBmV
Old 26-06-2012, 22:47   #1769
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

There certainly seems to be a substantial change in peoples graphs this week with a reduction in jitter, i would like to know what VM have done.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 22:58   #1770
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

They let the RBS techs have a go at it?