Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Football talk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Football talk
Closed Thread

Old 18-09-2004, 20:33   #1711
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: [Merged] - Football talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
Somewhere mid-table, struggling with a crippling injury list
At least your injury list isn't practically the whole team, to the extent that you're in the relegation zone and have been for three weeks, without a win all season.

Advertisement
Old 18-09-2004, 20:51   #1712
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc
At least your injury list isn't practically the whole team, to the extent that you're in the relegation zone and have been for three weeks, without a win all season.
at least we got a draw today.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 18-09-2004, 21:07   #1713
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H

Quote:
Following the example of United's poor defence? Leaking 2 goals at home today, leaking another 3 goal at home against Middlesborough? OK Arse didn't lose either but again, they can't be truly be considered the 'great' team they think they are until they fix this problem, at home at least.

Come on Debs, this is an Arse fan we're talking about here, they've have a decade of bitterness against United fans to vent their frustration on
Arsenal aren't about defence, they're about attack. They push that far up the field I'd expect them to leak goals.. they're much better than manu were in there hey dey.. they're such a delight to watch :droooool:
Old 18-09-2004, 21:15   #1714
nffc
cf.mega poster

nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
at least we got a draw today.
Yeah but with reidy and the fake marlon throwing their toys out, and commons out for three weeks (torn calf) how long will it be before we can't field a team?

If there was ever a time to play the lads from Newcastle, then now is it. Beaumont in CM and Gardner LM. Or at least give Bopp another chance at CM, Jess was garbage again today and Tank is seriously **** (what have the hoofers done to him?).

Kinnear better do something, hopefully get on the phone to Pardew and get the real Marlon back. (I wish he'd shut his gob though).

Daws back in three weeks, host of players to come back in 2-4 weeks but will we have any players left by then?

The physios / fitness coaches need sacking, our players have looked injured all season.

Old 18-09-2004, 21:17   #1715
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve H
they're much better than manu were in there hey dey.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 18-09-2004, 22:26   #1716
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve H they're much better than manu were in there hey dey.

Old 18-09-2004, 22:29   #1717
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
Maybe I phrased that wrong.

Going back 8 or so years, and as an avid footballer I Arsenal football is far more attractive than I've ever seen anything Manu have produced.

tbh, im suprised you don't support arsenal now... if you follow the usual Man utd fan criteria.
Old 18-09-2004, 22:35   #1718
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
tbh, im suprised you don't support arsenal now... if you follow the usual Man utd fan criteria.
Typical anti-utd rubbish. Get another record.
Old 18-09-2004, 22:37   #1719
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
What, gloryhunters who only show up in the team colours when they win?

Strange, there seems to a LOT of new Arsenal fans about these days....

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 18-09-2004, 22:43   #1720
yesman

Quote:
Maybe I phrased that wrong.

Going back 8 or so years, and as an avid footballer I Arsenal football is far more attractive than I've ever seen anything Manu have produced.

Every team has their day. Man Utd have had theirs and I am hoping they have another one starting quite soon.

I have followed Man Utd since 1963, so I am unlikely to change now, although I admit Arsenal do play some very attractive football at times.

A lot of the problem about when Man Utd were doing good, is that not many fans of other teams admitted the fact, because a lot of fans of other teams are just so anti Man Utd that they are blinkered in their outlook and wouldn't admit it even if their life depended on it, which I think is quite sad.

Old 18-09-2004, 22:47   #1721
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
because a lot of fans of other teams are just so anti Man Utd that they are blinkered in their outlook and wouldn't admit it even if their life depended on it
What, you really think there are people like that out there?!?!

Do you think that some of them even post on this forum???

No!!! I refuse to believe it!!

Next they'll be telling us it's our own fault...

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 18-09-2004, 22:50   #1722
yesman

Quote:
What, you really think there are people like that out there?!?!

Do you think that some of them even post on this forum???

No!!! I refuse to believe it!!

Next they'll be telling us it's our own fault...

Old 19-09-2004, 12:46   #1723
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

was at the palace game yesterday and i have to admit i think we will get relagated with the lowest points total ever.. not even sure where we can get a draw at the moment let alone a win

we've played all teams down the bottom who we should have beaten but have got one draw and lost the others..

if you look at the football we play and then see Norwich and West Brom it's like watching a third divsion side..
Old 19-09-2004, 12:47   #1724
nffc
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer
was at the palace game yesterday and i have to admit i think we will get relagated with the lowest points total ever.. not even sure where we can get a draw at the moment let alone a win

we've played all teams down the bottom who we should have beaten but have got one draw and lost the others..

if you look at the football we play and then see Norwich and West Brom it's like watching a third divsion side..
How's ex-Reds Shipperley and Freedman doing?

Old 19-09-2004, 13:17   #1725
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

neither of them can get a game at the moment.. ships is fat though and hasn't really got it at this level any more.. freedman still has loads of skill and it's so annoying that he isn't getting any games at the moment.. scored for the reserves in the week though
Closed Thread