Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 01-02-2008, 22:53   #1696
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
"The Blair Godzilla Project"?
Okay, three movies then, with the Blair Witch Project for the camera work

The other one was Alien...it's one of those films that if I say much more, it will spoil it for other people...

I still enjoyed it though...
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2008, 01:53   #1697
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

I Am Legend

6/10. I liked it, but there didn't seem to be a lot happening. Could have done more with it I think, it had potential.
AntiSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:12   #1698
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

No country for old men, 9/10

An amazing bad guy and some really good suspense, a real edge of the seat film.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:17   #1699
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

NCFOM got a bit slow towards the end..almost 2 different films.
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 14:31   #1700
TraxData

Services: 25/25 Symetrical.

AVP2 - 2/10 Terrible acting, action scenes were just too dark, totally a way to finish off what is left of the alien franchise.

New Rambo 10/10 Nice to see stallone still kickin **** at his age
Old 03-02-2008, 08:43   #1701
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Sweeney Todd 5/10
I wanted to like it, all the acting was great, it all looked very nice, but as stupid as this sounds, the singing kind of ruined it
admars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:59   #1702
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
Sweeney Todd 5/10
I wanted to like it, all the acting was great, it all looked very nice, but as stupid as this sounds, the singing kind of ruined it
But it's based on a musical, it has to contain singing! Depp was actually very good, he kept his London accent all the way through, I actually thought the guy who played Toby (who incidentally this was his first movie) was actually very good! Otherwise my sentiments are the same and I'd give it a 8/10

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja View Post
No country for old men, 9/10

An amazing bad guy and some really good suspense, a real edge of the seat film.
Yep, brilliant film, but I didn't get the ending Not the bit where the main protagonist dies but after that I'd give the main bulk of the film 9/10!
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:11   #1703
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
Sweeney Todd 5/10

So Depp can't sing then?
Old 03-02-2008, 16:34   #1704
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

The Invasion

Nichole Kidman and Daniel "I cant act" Craig star in a 2007 remake of invasion of the body snatchers.

Quite good in places & let down by poor acting in others. Worth watching though.

8\10
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 18:09   #1705
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
But it's based on a musical, it has to contain singing!
---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

That's whay I said "As stupid as this sounds" 'cos it's kind of a silly thing to say about a musical, that the singing ruined it. I knew it orignally was one.

Depp's singing didn't ruin it, I dunno, depends if you want to see a David Bowie tribute act None of the singing was bad, I just didn't enjoy the singing. Not my cup of tea rather than a fault of the film if you see what I mean.
admars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 18:10   #1706
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

Bee Movie

Not the best Dreamworks movie but quite entertaining...kept my kids quiet for the duration , so it can't be that bad (I rather enjoyed it too)

7/10

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 18:14   #1707
zing_deleted

American Gangster (unrated) excellent

AVP R it was good enough

Hoodwinked good family fun
Old 04-02-2008, 17:26   #1708
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
(thread idea lifted from another forum )

Here goes......

Last night: "Underworld" (DVD) - good, better than I expected. I'd give it....7/10

Just finished watching: "Equilibrium" (DVD) - surprisingly very good. Good story, good cast, great action & fight scenes. Easily better than the awful Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions. Score: 8/10.

million dollar babe,excellent 8/10
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 17:48   #1709
zing_deleted

We Own The Night 10/10 excellent a must see

30 Days of Night 7/10 good enough vampire movie

Eastern Promises 7/10 good for a british made movie nice and violent
Old 05-02-2008, 18:21   #1710
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
Yep, brilliant film, but I didn't get the ending
Spoiler: 
Not the bit where the main protagonist dies but after that
I'd give the main bulk of the film 9/10!
Spoiler: 
Its a tough one all right, but its essentially (i think) suggesting that Ellis (the cop) has just given up, he cant face "what's coming" and doesn't even understand it, he's given in and is retiring, ergo "No country for old men", its just beyond his comprehension what this guy is doing or why.

Its also hinting that after his own father died on his doorstep by a gunman, that he just escaped, (remember the hotel room with the bad guy behind the door) he stands on that door step for a looooong time thinking, he eventually goes in realised its too late and then just slumps on the bed. Im guessing more relived that he wasn't there than anything else.

Thats my take on it anyway.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote