Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 23:08   #1621
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
Re: The Xbox One Thread

I've got the money in the account, so it's not a problem. Just received an email from Support. I'll get the replacement within two working days
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2013, 07:40   #1622
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

dashboard is definitely smoother for me , also the multitasking , switching between apps is quicker . Makes me wonder whether they've plugged a memory leak ?. Ive not got mine connected but has anyone who suffers with the tv judder noticed a difference, not even sure that is the problem they've addressed ?
Old 12-12-2013, 09:48   #1623
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Ok so this is strange. I turned on console about 12:30 this morning then off and it looked like it was downloading update. I turned it on this morning via controller and didn't work so turned on via front. It did a full boot as in it had green logo and took longer. I go to OS info and it shows it's 6.2.10210.0(xb_rel_launch 131118-1159). Update should put it on 6.2.10217.0 (xb_rel_launch.131205-2200). Any one with an idea what's happened? I have restarted and it's still same

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 ----------

Seems to be update now. I'll keep you updated

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

Ok panic over it has now updated. Seems strange on what happened when I turned it on this morning
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:39   #1624
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
dashboard is definitely smoother for me , also the multitasking , switching between apps is quicker . Makes me wonder whether they've plugged a memory leak ?. Ive not got mine connected but has anyone who suffers with the tv judder noticed a difference, not even sure that is the problem they've addressed ?
I have turned 'Auto Film 1' back on on my Sony TV which when off stops my panning judder, so far i haven't noticed any kind of judder but i need to wait until i get a really good show that pans across the screen to be sure if this update has done anything so i will probably know in a few days.

I am also wondering if it stops the freezing and losing TV connection issue however this may take weeks to find out.

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 ----------

I maybe imagining it but Forza 5 doesn't play as smoothly since the update, anyone else notice this?

EDIT

I fixed the Forza issue by asking to the X1 to re detect my TV.
Old 13-12-2013, 10:07   #1625
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just thought i would purchase the X1 service plan, i didn't expect to be charged 23% tax though on the final order, so it cost £73.79 in total, it needed to be done within 45 days though of purchase.
Old 13-12-2013, 13:57   #1626
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Just thought i would purchase the X1 service plan, i didn't expect to be charged 23% tax though on the final order, so it cost £73.79 in total, it needed to be done within 45 days though of purchase.
That does not sound right at all!

It was £59.99 for me, as is quoted on the website. That is all that has gone out on my card.

It sounds like it thought you were in the US and added sales tax to it?

Did you order via the website or via the phone?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2013, 15:12   #1627
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Via the website
Old 13-12-2013, 16:44   #1628
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Phone up and complain. You should not have been charged extra tax on top.

I did some Googling, and found someone charged 23% tax by MS for Office, because of being outside Ireland but in the EU:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-cb/offic...D0EBAAAACAAAAA

Your case *must* be a screw-up on the part of MS.

I *only* paid £59.99, via the phone (as the website refused to work).

There is no mention on the website of the price being £59.99 excluding VAT / sales tax, and no mention in the policy terms of the price quoted not including tax.
Old 13-12-2013, 17:40   #1629
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Got my replacement unit, updating it now
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2013, 17:49   #1630
Bulky
Inactive

Bf4 patch released today
Fixed three common crashes that could occur during map transitions.
Fixed a common crash that could occur when using the in-game Battlelog in the "end of round" screen.
Fixed two crashes related to destroying vehicles.
Fixed a crash that could occur when the player lost connection to a server.
Fixed a crash that could occur when using the scoreboard.
Fixed a crash that could occur when players were using the voice chat.
Optimized performance when shooting destroyed Levolution objects on some levels.
Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks.
Fixed the "one-hit kill" bug where damage from a single bullet sometimes was applied multiple times. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed.
Fixed a memory leak that could lead to crashes at certain points.
Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file in the single player campaign.
Fixed the audio drop outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds.
Fixed an issue with going online after resuming your Xbox One from suspended mode.
Fixed some issues with the handling of Xbox One parties.
Made the icons used to signal voice chat status more reliable.
Old 13-12-2013, 18:08   #1631
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Phone up and complain. You should not have been charged extra tax on top.

I did some Googling, and found someone charged 23% tax by MS for Office, because of being outside Ireland but in the EU:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-cb/offic...D0EBAAAACAAAAA

Your case *must* be a screw-up on the part of MS.

I *only* paid £59.99, via the phone (as the website refused to work).

There is no mention on the website of the price being £59.99 excluding VAT / sales tax, and no mention in the policy terms of the price quoted not including tax.
Do you speak to someone in USA?
Old 14-12-2013, 15:18   #1632
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

My Tesco had a stack of Xbox Ones for sale this morning, it is good to see there is some for sale over the Christmas period.

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Just a heads up as we all know there isnt many demos out, well there is now a Dead Rising 3 demo on the store.
Old 14-12-2013, 15:37   #1633
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Just a heads up as we all know there isnt many demos out, well there is now a Dead Rising 3 demo on the store.
There is also NBA and Zoo Tycoon. I download the DR3 demo and it's just over 7gig. NBA demo is 9gig.

I played DR3 demo and it's not a game for me sadly. I liked the first DR, didn't play DR2 and I dont like DR3 sadly. Wish there was a Ryse demo
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2013, 16:14   #1634
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Do you speak to someone in USA?
I phoned the MS Store's UK number to buy Complete, 0800 026 0329 (because the service website repeatedly failed to get past step 1 when trying to buy it from there).

It sounded like a standard off-shore call centre to me.

I'm not sure if you should phone that or Support, though, in your case, as you didn't buy via the Store.

One of the many examples of Microsoft's stupidity is that its systems are not linked: Because I bought MS Complete from the MS Store via the phone, the extended warranty does not show up if I visit the service website (myservice.xbox.com), all the service site shows for me is the standard warranty. I do have the extended warranty, but cannot make use of it via the service website as it does not know I have it

Contrast that with Apple...I bought my iPad and iMac from the Apple Online Store and my iPhone from the local Apple Retail Store. All three have Apple Care, purchased via the Retail Store for the iPhone, the Online Store for the iPad, and the Amazon Marketplace for the iMac. All three devices are listed on my Apple support profile on the Apple website, and all three have the correct warranty information listed even though the devices and extended warranties were bought from different parts of Apple (with one extended warranty not even purchased via Apple at all).
Old 14-12-2013, 16:18   #1635
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I will wait until the charge appears on my CC online and then decide what to do, thanks for the info.