Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Season 2010/2011

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Season 2010/2011

Old 12-03-2011, 19:56   #1546
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Re: Football Season 2010/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
Your comment would be funny if it was even vaguely close to being pertinent and the need for long injury time wasn't patently obvious and undeniable. There's no humour in that.

No it wouldn't, it would have been a clearly required amount of injury time.

The whole point of the "Fergie time" joke is long injury time appearing from nowhere. Not a long break from a serious injury 5 minutes before full time.
Yes it would. Any injury to an utd player would be called Fergie time. It happens to a non-utd player and it's normal injury time.

Anyway, nice diversion aside, good result for us. Deserved result.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2011, 19:58   #1547
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Your comment would be funny if it was even vaguely close to being pertinent and the need for long injury time wasn't patently obvious and undeniable. There's no humour in that.

No it wouldn't, it would have been a clearly required amount of injury time.

The whole point of the "Fergie time" joke is long injury time appearing from nowhere. Not a long break from a serious injury 5 minutes before full time.
As I mentioned, humour bypass.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 20:04   #1548
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Yes it would. Any injury to an utd player would be called Fergie time. It happens to a non-utd player and it's normal injury time.

Anyway, nice diversion aside, good result for us. Deserved result.
It happens to any player and it's normal injury time. Only a complete and utter moron would consider it "Fergie time" if a Man United player had been stretchered off after long treatment a few minutes before the amount of injury time is decided. That would be so ludicrous and illogical not even the most pathetic of ABUs would start bleating on about "Fergie time". If you seriously think otherwise, then your victimisation complex must be even worse than Fergie and Wenger's combined.

Well duh. Who's implied otherwise? You're the one diverting attention away from your win by arguing about "Fergie time" and how everyone is so against you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
As I mentioned, humour bypass.
Not finding your poorly judged, illogical joke funny does not equate to a humour bypass. It means i don't think you're funny. It makes no sense. As i mentioned.
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 20:18   #1549
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

United certainly deserved to win the game - something that couldn't be said about most of their games this season.

I do wonder what the purpose of scholes is... he has a happy knack of crazy challenges, it's almost as if fergie brought him on to crock an Arsenal player...
Old 12-03-2011, 20:29   #1550
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:

Not finding your poorly judged, illogical joke funny does not equate to a humour bypass. It means i don't think you're funny. It makes no sense. As i mentioned.
To quote Paul Newman, "Some men you just can't reach".

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 21:51   #1551
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
United certainly deserved to win the game - something that couldn't be said about most of their games this season.

I do wonder what the purpose of scholes is... he has a happy knack of crazy challenges, it's almost as if fergie brought him on to crock an Arsenal player...
The thing is, Scholes has hardly ever injured an opponent, he just can't time a tackle most of the time. On all of the occasions today that resulted in free kicks or even bookings he actually got the ball first which is something he doesn't often manage.

Despite Wengers intimations of Scholes' dark side he has never maimed someone like that scouse thug Carragher.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 00:52   #1552
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
True. If that had been a utd player down, it would have been Fergie time.
The Fergie time jibe comes from occasions where there isn't a clear reason why there should be so much time.

---------- Post added at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
The thing is, Scholes has hardly ever injured an opponent, he just can't time a tackle most of the time. On all of the occasions today that resulted in free kicks or even bookings he actually got the ball first which is something he doesn't often manage.

Despite Wengers intimations of Scholes' dark side he has never maimed someone like that scouse thug Carragher.
Which is kind of lucky. His tackles are no better, often worse, than Carragher's last week. Also getting the ball first doesn't mean much if the tackle is dangerous. There was no need for those tackles today, we were losing 2 - 0, down to 10 men, and not long to go. Why on earth go in like that? It was absurd.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 01:30   #1553
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

While we're still on the Fergie time thing..............when Valencia was seriously injured, they played 6 minutes injury time. It was at home to Rangers, with the score still at 0-0.

So Mal, where were the accusations of Fergie time then? If what you think is true you'll have no problem finding any.
Old 13-03-2011, 10:50   #1554
Mal
Inactive

Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It happens to any player and it's normal injury time. Only a complete and utter moron would consider it "Fergie time" if a Man United player had been stretchered off after long treatment a few minutes before the amount of injury time is decided. That would be so ludicrous and illogical not even the most pathetic of ABUs would start bleating on about "Fergie time". If you seriously think otherwise, then your victimisation complex must be even worse than Fergie and Wenger's combined.
Well there are a lot of pathetic ABUs out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niles Crane
Well duh. Who's implied otherwise? You're the one diverting attention away from your win by arguing about "Fergie time" and how everyone is so against you.
Well duh, not me. I didn't bring it up, did I? Wrong person
Old 13-03-2011, 13:28   #1555
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

When Steve Bruce scored in the 97th minute always seems to be bought up as the classic example of Fergie time. It always gets forgotten in that game that the ref got injured in the 2nd half and had to be replaced.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 13:45   #1556
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

By the way what is up with that train station at Old Trafford? 3 small entrances, everyone shoving to get on, with some Mancunian git yelling abuse at every Arsenal fan he could see. 'Your ****', 'How do you feel supporting a peado' etc. Seems rather unsafe!
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 14:07   #1557
Niles Crane
Inactive

Quote:
Well there are a lot of pathetic ABUs out there

Well duh, not me. I didn't bring it up, did I? Wrong person
Yet you haven't provided any examples of these ABUs to disprove your paranoia. Odd that.
Old 13-03-2011, 14:39   #1558
Mal
Inactive

Quote:
Yet you haven't provided any examples of these ABUs to disprove your paranoia. Odd that.
I didn't need to, to be perfectly frank and as you know, it's not something that I can prove is it, when I am talking to friends and other fans in real life. I don't record all my conversations

That is what I was on about, people who just automatically say Fergie Time regardless of if it was justified or not.

After our game at Blackpool, after Rafael had been taken to hospital, I got that from other fans that I know.

Anyway, best to leave this argument before it gets nasty.
Old 13-03-2011, 15:00   #1559
Niles Crane
Inactive

Ah yes, no pundits, journalists, commentators, fans on internet forums etc etc. These moronic, pathetic ABUs just happen to be concentrated purely within your circle of friends and fans you speak to. Despite, in your own words, there being a lot of them. That's really unfortunate, i'm sorry.
Old 13-03-2011, 15:14   #1560
Mal
Inactive

Quote:
Ah yes, no pundits, journalists, commentators, fans on internet forums etc etc. These moronic, pathetic ABUs just happen to be concentrated purely within your circle of friends and fans you speak to. Despite, in your own words, there being a lot of them. That's really unfortunate, i'm sorry.
Yes, it's called real life. Thank you your concern though, it's much appreciated

This is really getting childish now.