Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Football talk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Football talk
Closed Thread

Old 25-08-2004, 13:41   #1531
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society
Re: [Merged] - Football talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
I love Palace, They are my secound team. I go to see them play a lot as my gran used to live in a street near the stadium. Couldnt belive they went up last season.

I thought you where a united supporter?
i support them both. I live in Bromley so Palace are my local side. I go to see them as often as I can when i'm not watching United. I was at the play-off final last season and was a great day out and a great result. Dowie is a legend as is AJ.
Advertisement
Old 25-08-2004, 13:51   #1532
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I was at the ground well coppel came back and he got a better receptation than dowie, (Bet its changed now)
Old 25-08-2004, 14:07   #1533
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Dowie has done really well at Palace. Hopefully when his Palace career comes to an end he'll have a crack at the Northern Ireland job.
Old 25-08-2004, 16:23   #1534
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
I was at the ground well coppel came back and he got a better receptation than dowie, (Bet its changed now)
Coppell was and still is a Palace legend. He was even well recieved when we played Brighton, our most hated of oppenents, the other season.

The worrying thing is when Dad picked up our tickets a few weeks ago for a match he saw Alan Smith still at the club!! He doesn't even deserve to manage a non-league team. I think he is something like our director of football or some such rubbish.

One question for the other fans who you rather AJ or Morrison ?

I'd stick with Aj myself
Old 25-08-2004, 19:30   #1535
yesman

Here we go

Old 25-08-2004, 21:32   #1536
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Congratulations to Arsenal on their new record (slightly in advance, but can't see Blackburn coming back!). It will be a record that will stand for a long time!

Good to see our defence playing well tonight, spector and eagles look settled. Good second goal by Smith, what about the ball to Fletcher to set up the goal by our laughably rubbish defender
Old 25-08-2004, 21:33   #1537
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Looks like Smith just can't stop scoring at the moment

Wayne who??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
what about the ball to Fletcher to set up the goal by our laughably rubbish defender
I wonder what it'll be this time, perhaps he just an 'uncharacteristically good game' or something - whatever it is, I can't wait to hear it

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 25-08-2004, 21:43   #1538
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
Looks like Smith just can't stop scoring at the moment
Neither can Bellion!
Old 25-08-2004, 21:43   #1539
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Yep, Arsenal have done it and thats the last record left Now we can get on with the league
Old 25-08-2004, 21:45   #1540
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Yep, Arsenal have done it and thats the last record left Now we can get on with the league
You mean the record of back-to-back premiership titles? Not tonight, josephine

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 25-08-2004, 21:47   #1541
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

you will have to do better than that
Old 25-08-2004, 21:48   #1542
gazzae
Inactive

Quick question, it came up in work today but I haven't been able to find the answer. What is the record for the longest winning streak and who set it?
Old 25-08-2004, 22:14   #1543
sherer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
Quick question, it came up in work today but I haven't been able to find the answer. What is the record for the longest winning streak and who set it?
i;ll have to double check but a few Eastern European teams have gone longer. Not sure which ones it was and I think was was a government bung type thing anyway..

good win tonight not our greatest performance but we got the job done..

well done to arsenal on the record.. how much longer will it keep going ?
Old 25-08-2004, 22:16   #1544
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

its annoying because i am sick of the record now as it hangs over us all the time, but the only way to get rid of it is to lose WHICH I DONT WANT TO DO ARRRHHHH
Old 25-08-2004, 22:23   #1545
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quote:
the only way to get rid of it is to lose WHICH I DONT WANT TO DO ARRRHHHH
Luckily, neither do Thierry and the boys. Nice to see the old 0 against the opposition's score.

Longest winning streak - Arsenal have the top flight and Premiership record of 14, which is also the all time record across all leagues, jointly between:

Bristol City (1905-06)
Preston North End (1950-51)

and some outfit called

Man Utd (1904-05)

Source: http://arseweb.com/other/record-breakers.html
Closed Thread