Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season
Closed Thread

Old 18-11-2005, 12:52   #1516
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
Re: [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

Apparently Fergie and Keane had a big arguement at Carrington. Fergie then stripped Keane of the captaincy and Keane stormed out, quitting the club.
Advertisement
Old 18-11-2005, 12:55   #1517
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Evans has gone to Rotherham, Keane's the right age for a Megson buy. SIGN HIM UP!

Old 18-11-2005, 13:07   #1518
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzo
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4449396.stm

Roy Keane leave Man U!

Bets on him signing for Celtic?
I don't think it's that much of a surprise that he's gone (although I suppose the fact that he's going in November is pretty full on). After all the hassle of the last few weeks, I'd have thought that it would be difficult to reconcile himself with some of the players he 'allegedly' mentioned in that programme.

I also don't feel that he's anywhere near the player that he ws, through a combination of age and some of the injuries that he's suffered, so personally (and as someone who doesn't have any feeling one way or the other for Man U) I think it's probably for the best.

TBH, it started to come across as Keane thinking that he was bigger than the club, so was bound to end this way eventually.
Old 18-11-2005, 13:12   #1519
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
I also don't feel that he's anywhere near the player that he ws, through a combination of age and some of the injuries that he's suffered, so personally (and as someone who doesn't have any feeling one way or the other for Man U) I think it's probably for the best.
Keano not being the player he was is still better than the majority of players in the prem.

Quote:
TBH, it started to come across as Keane thinking that he was bigger than the club, so was bound to end this way eventually.
He just wants to win. He's not afraid to say what he thinks.
I remember him talking about the dressing room when forest got relegated and some players were laughing and joking, he said he couldn't believe what he was seeing.
Old 18-11-2005, 13:20   #1520
Nugget
Inactive

Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
Keano not being the player he was is still better than the majority of players in the prem.
I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you there - it's just that, IMO, his age is now contributing to a number of injuries that are keeping him out of the team more often than he plays. That's not a criticism of Keane - it would be difficult for most players of his age to stand up to the pressures of the Premiership.

Quote:
He just wants to win. He's not afraid to say what he thinks.
I remember him talking about the dressing room when forest got relegated and some players were laughing and joking, he said he couldn't believe what he was seeing.
But, again IMO, as the Club Captain, he does still have a responsibility (to a certain degree) to 'toe the party line'. Just because thousands of supporters may feel exactly the same way as him, he shouldn't just slag off half of the team in a TV programme. Unfortunately, Roy Keane is / was a fantastic football player, and I believe it is unrealistic for him to think that efery player will match his (admittedly high) standards.
Old 18-11-2005, 13:25   #1521
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
But, again IMO, as the Club Captain, he does still have a responsibility (to a certain degree) to 'toe the party line'. Just because thousands of supporters may feel exactly the same way as him, he shouldn't just slag off half of the team in a TV programme. Unfortunately, Roy Keane is / was a fantastic football player, and I believe it is unrealistic for him to think that efery player will match his (admittedly high) standards.
But he doesn't, he expects players to put effort in. Like he was supposed to have criticised O'Shea cause at times he was strolling back rather than busting a gut.

Hes criticised players in the past, but this time he named them which probably was a step too far. I think his drive to win is at fault here, he knew he had little time left at Man Utd to win the european cup again - as he has said he doesn't feel like he has won it, even though without keane utd wouldn't have been in the final. Its probably a case of his heart overruling his head.
Old 18-11-2005, 13:28   #1522
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
But he doesn't, he expects players to put effort in. Like he was supposed to have criticised O'Shea cause at times he was strolling back rather than busting a gut.

Hes criticised players in the past, but this time he named them which probably was a step too far. I think his drive to win is at fault here, he knew he had little time left at Man Utd to win the european cup again - as he has said he doesn't feel like he has won it, even though without keane utd wouldn't have been in the final. Its probably a case of his heart overruling his head.
I think you're probably right - it's just a shame that it ends like this really...
Old 18-11-2005, 13:43   #1523
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Where's yer captain gone?

At least Vieira left in reasonably amicable circumstances - this sounds more like a messy divorce.
Old 18-11-2005, 14:12   #1524
gazzae
Inactive

Cobh Ramblers have a playoff coming up soon, could we see Keano lining up for his old club? Or Cork play Derry tonight in the Premier Division decider, maybe Keano's on his way to Cork as we speak.
Old 18-11-2005, 14:15   #1525
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
RONALDO SET TO BE CLEARED

Manchester United midfielder Cristiano Ronaldo is set to be cleared over allegations that he raped a woman in a hotel suite, according to a report.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) is expected to announce "within days" that there is insufficient evidence to prosecute the Portugal international winger, London's Evening Standard said.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...&TEAMHD=soccer
Old 18-11-2005, 14:25   #1526
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
Where's yer captain gone?

At least Vieira left in reasonably amicable circumstances - this sounds more like a messy divorce.
Well, they were reasonably amicable by the end - however, you shouldn't forget the two years of dithering before then
Old 18-11-2005, 15:51   #1527
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

i can't believe keano's gone.. as gazzae has said it's his drive and committment to win that we will miss the most.. the levels of effort he put in put the rest of the team to shame.. without him on the pitch i'm never too confident about our performance and now he's not there with no replacement

him and Fergie were too strong willed and neither will back down in an arguement.. blame Fergie more as we never got a replacement for him in the summer and his management of the team and tactics of late haven't been the best either

just hope we get Ballack in Jan now.. if we don't we will be even worse off.. although i don't really see Ballack as the new Keane either more a Scholes type player
Old 18-11-2005, 16:20   #1528
BBKing
R.I.P.

BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star

Quote:
you shouldn't forget the two years of dithering before then
True, but we got the best years out of him and £10m profit. United have got a hole in midfield and a PR crisis. Dear oh dear.
Old 18-11-2005, 16:36   #1529
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
True, but we got the best years out of him and £10m profit. United have got a hole in midfield and a PR crisis. Dear oh dear.
You could have got a £20mill profit if you'd sold him the season before. But then we would have missed out on Keane scaring the crap out of him in the tunnel - and the moment of the season, the Nevillier's handshake.
Old 18-11-2005, 22:19   #1530
BBKing
R.I.P.

Are most United fans (proper ones, not plastic ones from Tunbridge):
a) Behind the manager and glad to see the back of the troublesomeMr. Keane
b) Behind Mr. Keane and highly p!ssed off at the manner of his departure

The ones I know are firmly in b. PR crisis, as I said.

Vieira:
£10m for one season where we won the F.A. Cup and beat United in the league for the third time in four years and beat Spurs home and away for the first time in 16 years? Sounds fair enough to me. Good luck to him - if the rumours of the effects of playing for the last ten years with one leg 3 inches longer than the other on his physiognomy are true, he'll need it.
Closed Thread