Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Webpage not available currently off line

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Webpage not available currently off line

Old 15-08-2006, 08:44   #1
markmarkymark
Inactive

markmarkymark has a spectacular aura about themmarkmarkymark has a spectacular aura about themmarkmarkymark has a spectacular aura about themmarkmarkymark has a spectacular aura about them
Webpage not available currently off line

GRRR

As per the title of this post.

All I have done is put a wireless router in. Use a NTL cable modem (10Mbits). Nothing else has changed....

Strange thing is it does not happen all the time - but sometimes I will either open IE or perhaps browse between sites and this pop up message will appear 'do I want to connect?' It sometimes tries to get my to connect to one of my VPN connections .... strange...

I am not going through any proxy (other than the NTL one).

Anyone have any ideas?

cheers

Mark
markmarkymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2006, 08:48   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Webpage not available currently off line

Moved to networking ast it's prbably something to do with your new setup

What router, and how have you configured it?
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 08:52   #3
markmarkymark
Inactive

markmarkymark has a spectacular aura about themmarkmarkymark has a spectacular aura about themmarkmarkymark has a spectacular aura about themmarkmarkymark has a spectacular aura about them

Thanks Rob ...

Its a Belkin wireless G router - but the PC is wired directly into it. The laptop (wireless) works fine and does not have the problem. I must admit the configuration was done by the set up wizard.

The only thing I have noted since posting is that when I open up IE - for a few seconds it says in the bottom bar 'detecting proxy settings' - which is strange cos I have not set up IE to do this? (Its set up to 'auto detect settings'..

Mark
markmarkymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 12:13   #4
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmarkymark
The only thing I have noted since posting is that when I open up IE - for a few seconds it says in the bottom bar 'detecting proxy settings' - which is strange cos I have not set up IE to do this? (Its set up to 'auto detect settings'..

Mark

Turn off auto detect. That is what is causing IE to try and detect proxy settings, and causing the delay. You need to either specify a proxy, or leave the boxes blank, in which case you'll either be using no proxies, or NTL's network will direct all your queries through the nearest "transparent" proxy.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote