Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | MMA

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

MMA

Old 20-05-2017, 14:03   #271
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing/MMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Seeing Baby Slice win on Bellator (Spike, tonight) reminded me of the late Kimbo Slice and to wonder if his passing at only 42 was discussed here. Any idea Adzii?
IIRC it was. Can't use the search on mobile. I didn't mind the guy but there was definitely something up towards the end. His fight with Dada 5000 was horrific. The way both men gassed after a round and led to a TKO via exhaustion. It took balls to get into a ring with no viable professional level training though. Not a legend but definitely gutsy.
Old 20-05-2017, 16:47   #272
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Can't find it, if it exists

As far as I'm aware he had serious heart complications, not sure if that was fully aware of before he had fights with Dada 5000 or Shamrock. Problem was, he wasn't exactly training hard enough for fights, it's an accepted likelihood that he was doping throughout his MMA career too and was laid back in training which I doubt helped the condition he was in and would later expand into him needing a heart transplant.

It's worth noting Dada 5000 essentially died after the fight and had to be revived.
Old 20-05-2017, 19:27   #273
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
IIRC it was. Can't use the search on mobile. I didn't mind the guy but there was definitely something up towards the end. His fight with Dada 5000 was horrific. The way both men gassed after a round and led to a TKO via exhaustion. It took balls to get into a ring with no viable professional level training though. Not a legend but definitely gutsy.
Quote:
Can't find it, if it exists

As far as I'm aware he had serious heart complications, not sure if that was fully aware of before he had fights with Dada 5000 or Shamrock. Problem was, he wasn't exactly training hard enough for fights, it's an accepted likelihood that he was doping throughout his MMA career too and was laid back in training which I doubt helped the condition he was in and would later expand into him needing a heart transplant.

It's worth noting Dada 5000 essentially died after the fight and had to be revived.
Thanks Adzii . Kimbo was someone I first saw purely by accident on youtube. He was a fierce looking guy but of course MMA fights with pros are a whole different ball game. There was mention of 'heart failure' and 'a liver mass'. The doping looks likely. Sad that he is gone though; he was instantly recognisable and, all things said and done, he was only 42. Not sure Baby Slice will enjoy that level of charisma.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 15:55   #274
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Absolute madness at the Andre Dirrell and Jose Uzcategui fight.

Uzcategui landed after the bell and floored Dirrell, naturally everyone is calling for his head and everyone comes to the same conclusion, easy DQ. He does indeed land after the bell and fairly cleanly, however the context building up to that point is muddled. Firstly, it's apparent that Uzcategui had landed after the bell in previous rounds. Then you have to account for him being in full flow, a three punch combination, the third shot being the main focus for the after the bell shot, then you have to account for the referee himself to call for the 5 second to bell mark, in which the bell then went off 3 seconds later.

https://twitter.com/TheSportsJunky1?...Fr%2FBoxing%2F

All that is present in the above clip.

Then after the DQ decision, someone from Dirrell's corner comes and throws a sucker punch at Uzcategui:

https://twitter.com/I_am_fontaine/st...90927516942337

DQ decision could go either way, maybe a points deduction given the circumstances surrounding the shot after the bell and a 5 minute recovery for Andre Dirrell.

The corner man is currently wanted for assault.
Old 27-05-2017, 19:15   #275
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Kell Brook vs Errol Spence is tonight.

Americans have their own as the favourite.. as usual but I can't find myself believing that Spence is going to KO Brook. It's not usually the go to logic in boxing but despite knowing Brook was out on his feet against Golovkin, he was still stood up, Golovkin's power is on a whole different level, so with that argument I can't see the KO finish by Spence that the Americans keep hyping up. If anything I have a feeling Brook will catch him flush with an uppercut and that'll be that.

It's another story in which Spence is actually an untested specimen, but he's riding a hype train. The sad part is Brook is hardly much different in that aspect but has 10+ more fights under his belt.

A loss for Brook would literally finish him, a fighter with one big name on his record as a loss then a defeat to an up and comer would absolutely shatter any future hope. A Spence loss would be a similar outcome to Adrien Broner's downfall.. a hype train derailing. It's recoverable though.
Old 28-05-2017, 00:29   #276
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

George Groves finally becomes Super Middleweight Champion

---------- Post added at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Kell Brook's career is hanging by a thread.

---------- Post added at 23:29 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

Kell Brook is stopped.

Quote:
A loss for Brook would literally finish him, a fighter with one big name on his record as a loss then a defeat to an up and comer would absolutely shatter any future hope.
That eye isn't helping. I can't see a way back to the big league for Brook. It's fair to say Golovkin ended Brook. So there's that and noting that Special K isn't exactly so special.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 28-05-2017 at 00:36.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 07:20   #277
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Brook was incredibly stupid to fight Golovkin IMO as he should have kept to the division that he was good in.

Night to see Groves win a world title at last.
Old 03-06-2017, 18:09   #278
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

David Hate and medical team confirm he'll make a complete recovery. Bellew is still on track. Whether they'll collide again remains to be seen. Maybe it makes more sense for Bellew to hunt down Parker or Wilder and Have to hunt down Parker or Wilder too, then assuming they both win they can rematch with the winner facing Joshua.

Absolutely loving heavyweight boxing right now.
Old 03-06-2017, 19:48   #279
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
David Hate and medical team confirm he'll make a complete recovery. Bellew is still on track. Whether they'll collide again remains to be seen. Maybe it makes more sense for Bellew to hunt down Parker or Wilder and Have to hunt down Parker or Wilder too, then assuming they both win they can rematch with the winner facing Joshua.

Absolutely loving heavyweight boxing right now
Seriously?.
Old 07-06-2017, 19:25   #280
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Haye and Bellew set to announce rematch after other heavyweight boxers took little interest in Bellew. Not entirely sure if they'll both make it back before the years end.

On a second note though, Mcguigans separation from Haye has been speculated to be down to Shane's belief that the Achilles problem isn't going to disappear which was then contradicted by the physio whom claims it's been a complete success. Adam Booth waded into the argument and suggested Haye is unhappy with his style under Shane. No one actually knows much except Haye looked sloppy and had blatantly lied about being injured to avoid cancelling the fight.

Amir Khan is penned in for December TBA.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:08   #281
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Mark Hunt stops Derek Lewis in the battle of the KO.

Er, embarrassing ending to a drab fight. TKO via exhaustion after Lewis just backs off and takes a nap on the cage. Pretty embarrassing advert for UFC as echoes of Kimbo vs Dada rung out. World ranked #6 Heavyweight that can't make the 5th round?

They're calling it a TKO unanswered punches but you'd have to see it to note that the guy just can't be arsed any longer.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:22   #282
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Just watched it on YT, seen much better fights in the school playground.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 18:59   #283
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

One trick pony was Derek Lewis. He couldn't land the big shots on Hunt and he gassed in the 3rd and failed to recover, was pretty naff watching him lean on the cage for a round before taking a knee and calling it a night. Again though, a pretty embarrassing advert for UFC considering he was the #6 Heavyweight in the world going into that fight.

Hunt didn't help either by being overly cautious of Lewis' power, that tends to happen when you put two knockout machines together, they circle each other barely throwing or completely missing because they're both so hesitant and quick to move backwards.
Old 17-06-2017, 21:55   #284
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Boom and just like that Holly Holm is back, that was a vicious snap headkick that well.. I can't describe it, it's a flash knockout, she's just standing and rendering it before collapsing and eating a vicious follow up punch.

Bethe Correia was taunting less than ten seconds before being put to sleep too. It's the same style of kick she ended Rousey's career with.
Old 19-06-2017, 18:42   #285
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Brook has undergone eye surgery. Expecting a retirement to be fair. His career as a P4P contender is over, it's a career filled with should've or could've but he opted to fight mandatory challengers and absolute bums for the majority of his career whilst parading as a legitimate champion. He ventured to the US on one occasion to take a title but couldn't find the will to do it again and reach a new level, he opted to stay at the one level throughout his career and then fell victim to Ricky Hatton's downfall.. the fact he'd sat at the same level, making no adjustments or going up notches, improving etc that when he finally took a big fight he was exposed horribly in the way that Mayweather undid Hatton before Pacman finished him off... same story with Brook and Golovkin and then Thurman finished him off.

If he persists and demands he fight Khan then so be it, beforehand I had Brook with a chance of knocking Khan out and competing over 12 rounds. If Brook can't put Khan away he'll get battered by Amir over 12 rounds. If Thurman is breaking Brook with a few well placed shots then Amir and his speed and accuracy are going to cause an absolute nightmare for Brook that'll only end in an inevitable TKO via injury.

That's always been the case with Khan though, if you can't stop him dead, he'll batter you for 12 rounds with ease. One of the most exciting offensive 147's in the world but lacks the defensive skillset to be the best.