Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Power Snooker

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Power Snooker

Old 30-10-2010, 20:02   #1
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
Power Snooker

Anyone watching it today? What do you think?

Interesting format, I definitely think there is a place for it.

Started off a bit soulless, livened up well, and now just seems to have taken over by drunk football fans who make a constant racket. I think somewhere in the middle is good though.

Oh and players need to be micced up for a bit of banter. That would be nice.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-10-2010, 20:40   #2
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Power Snooker

Never heard of it..can you give some more info?
Old 30-10-2010, 20:46   #3
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

It's on ITV4 right now.

It's supposed to be a modernn version of snooker... What 20/20 was to cricket. Shot clock of 20 secs, its points that count and not frames. If you pot the power ball, you get double points for 2 minutes, and shots from behind the baulk line count double.

The main thing is the crowd is supposed to be part of the game, and none of reverence silence you normally get. However there's a constant drunken ramble and it's doing my head in.
Old 30-10-2010, 20:52   #4
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Can't watch it at the moment.Hubby anally watching reruns of the Big Bang Theory. Seems like there is a big weekend fest of it..

Well if it improves skills I can see the point..but what's wrong with the usual form of snooker? Apart from the Beeb always removing regular scheduled programmes to make way for it.

I'll try getting a look at it when I can..
Old 30-10-2010, 21:04   #5
punky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Can't watch it at the moment.Hubby anally watching reruns of the Big Bang Theory. Seems like there is a big weekend fest of it..

Well if it improves skills I can see the point..but what's wrong with the usual form of snooker? Apart from the Beeb always removing regular scheduled programmes to make way for it.

I'll try getting a look at it when I can..
Nothing wrong with the older form of snooker but it seems like fans are getting too old. Revenues and attendances are decreasing and the yoof aren't too interested in it. Also players were saying there isn't enough chances to earn money as there are only a few tournaments throughout the year.

So this is Barry Hearn's new idea to liven it up and get more interest in the game (the way that 20/20 cricket and new darts did). I dare say there will be repeats.

The players seemed to take the crowd in their stride. I'm not sure I could though
Old 30-10-2010, 21:12   #6
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Just got a quick peek.I can see the attraction but I wonder where the skill has gone..The pleasure of watching a player 'snookering' their opponent so they have a really difficult shot sort of gives the game it's name.This doesn't seem to play to that but I'll need to see more.

Hubby is a regular snooker player and he doesn't seem keen on it though.
Old 30-10-2010, 23:26   #7
punky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Just got a quick peek.I can see the attraction but I wonder where the skill has gone..The pleasure of watching a player 'snookering' their opponent so they have a really difficult shot sort of gives the game it's name.This doesn't seem to play to that but I'll need to see more.

Hubby is a regular snooker player and he doesn't seem keen on it though.
To be fair snookers was still a part of the game. There was a fair tactical side to it as well. It's not like every shot was a smash-and-hope.

Barry Hearn has made it clear ot won't replace traditional snooker so if don't like it you won't have to watch it. This game is supposed to plug some gaps in the commercial market.