Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | mobile sim received - never ordered who do i complain to

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

mobile sim received - never ordered who do i complain to

Old 26-01-2010, 19:38   #1
globalart4u
Inactive

globalart4u is an unknown quantity at this point
mobile sim received - never ordered who do i complain to

i have just received a virgin sim card which i have never ordered and an invoice. I have tried to call the call centre but with no luck - so who in the UK can i call to find out what is going on? If not then i will be making a complaint to the ombudsman as i do not need a virgin mobile nor did ever order one.

thanks
globalart4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-01-2010, 20:08   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: mobile sim received - never ordered who do i complain to

This is the website and the are some numbers there. http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/mobileBroadband.do
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2010, 20:22   #3
globalart4u
Inactive

i've been on their website and tried all the 0845 numbers and they just give me the run around and send me to everywhere and when i ask to speak to a superviser it is the usual - too busy or will call back or no supervisor available. Does anyone have a uk local non geographic number for them ? If not i will definitely go to ofcom and complain
Old 26-01-2010, 20:24   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

If you have a Virgin mobile phone you can call 789 but it costs 10p to connect.

Or try here http://www.saynoto0870.com/
Old 26-01-2010, 20:31   #5
globalart4u
Inactive

i dont have a virgin mobile nor do i want one and that is my complaint they sent me things i never ordered
Old 26-01-2010, 20:39   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Is the a Virgin store near you try the locator on the website as they sell the phones.
Old 26-01-2010, 22:07   #7
globalart4u
Inactive

dont know will go into town tomorrow and see if there is a store and complain and give them the mobile stuff - very underhand of virgin definitely and their phone service is shocking too
Old 26-01-2010, 22:09   #8
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalart4u View Post
dont know will go into town tomorrow and see if there is a store and complain and give them the mobile stuff - very underhand of virgin definitely and their phone service is shocking too
Try the store locator HERE

They have nothing whatsoever to do with Virginmedia broadband, we just refer customers to them as they are a separate company.
Old 26-01-2010, 22:40   #9
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

You're wasting your time trying to call customer services and trying to find a Virgin store because you recieved a SIM card from Virgin? So what.... just throw it in the bin!
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2010, 22:43   #10
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
You're wasting your time trying to call customer services and trying to find a Virgin store because you recieved a SIM card from Virgin? So what.... just throw it in the bin!
He says he was invoiced for it.
Old 01-02-2010, 17:21   #11
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

Is there not a reference and phone number on the invoice? Just out of interest, how much is it for?

Duke
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 19:24   #12
bonzoe
cf.mega poster

bonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud of

Perhaps a "friend" ordered it?
bonzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 19:29   #13
zing_deleted

are these not direct debit only? I would check your bank account to ensure there isnt one set up. Is it a contract sim or a pay as you go sim?

I would have thought it impossible to get a contract sim by accident without all the relevent information