Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Bekin Wireless - Unable to connect

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Bekin Wireless - Unable to connect

Old 09-06-2008, 22:23   #1
hackedoff
Inactive

hackedoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Bekin Wireless - Unable to connect

Hi

I have a Belkin G+ MIMO wireless router and have been getting some unusual issues. I have one laptop (Vista) which connects every time to the wireless without any issue, and another one (XP Pro) which used to but for some reason now doesnt connect (unable to connect error) or cannot even find the connection.

My brother then used his MAC to connect, gave him the pass code and it wont let him on! Its set to use 128bit WEP

Ive checked all the settings, checked for a firmware update and restored to factory settings but without any luck, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Hackedoff
hackedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2008, 14:01   #2
Bri_G
Inactive

Services: Virgin VIP 20Mb bb V+ Talk Unlimited
Bri_G is a jewel in the roughBri_G is a jewel in the roughBri_G is a jewel in the roughBri_G is a jewel in the roughBri_G is a jewel in the rough
Re: Bekin Wireless - Unable to connect

Are there any settings on the router for "address reservation" or "access control"?
Make sure they are both turned off.
Also try using the disk that came with the router for your XP machine, Belkin like you to use their wireless utility.
Bri_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 10:59   #3
Polevik
Inactive

Polevik is an unknown quantity at this point

Hackedoff the answer bri G gave you has to do with a wireless card. Yes on wireless cards you can use the belkin wireless utility. as I understand you have a belkin router and there is no wireless utility for this.

can you explain what happens , when you say you cannot connect to the belkin router ?
are you sure that you have got the security code correct ?

on these routers the majority of problems that occur. have to do wth the wireless signal.
let me explain the router operates on the 2.4ghz frequency range and has the choice to transmit using 12 channels . lets say your router is transmitting on channel 11 an another wireless router in your area or a baby com unit or a alarm installation in your area is operating on the same channel. this then cause disturbance on the routers channel. and you will see that sometimes the computer will connect and sometimes it wont.

what you need to do is to access the router setup page 192.168.2.1 and change the channel that can be found under channel and ssid. try and test all channels. I am almost certain that this will solve you problems

How I know these thing remains a mystery :-)
Polevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 13:42   #4
hackedoff
Inactive

hackedoff is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Yeah the wirelss key is deffo correct. I've spoken to a few other people and they came up with the same suggestion with the chnannel the wireless uses.
I used network stumbler to find out what other channels were in use round my area and changed the channel

Seems to have been a lot better up til now!!

Thanks
hackedoff is offline   Reply With Quote