Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky+ major problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V+ v Sky+ HD

Old 04-02-2009, 16:13   #1
ngame
Inactive

ngame is an unknown quantity at this point
V+ v Sky+ HD

Hi Guys

New to the site so i apologise if this has been discussed before. I have had a V+ box for the past year or so and have just had SKY+ HD installed for the sports and movies HD channels. I've noticed a big difference in the picture quality on the standard channels. On V+ they were bright and clear with no noise and I amazed at how bad it is through the SKY+ HD box, colours are dull, no clarity and there is a lot of noise on the picture. In both cases i am connecting using a HDMI cable. Has anybody else come across this poor picture quality on the standard def channels?
ngame is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2009, 16:18   #2
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: V+ v Sky+ HD

Moved to Sky HDTV and Sky +.

to Cable Forum
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 16:41   #3
demented
Inactive

Services: 4Mbs, V+, XLtv + premium channels.
demented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud of

Yes. It's just low bitrates. It varies over time and from channel to channel but the sky movie channels tend to use about 2-2.5Mbs.

I disagree about the movie channels on V+. They look better than on Sky but are still extremely poor and washed out. Bitrates are just far too low. True of other channels but hey.
demented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 00:27   #4
NO ONE
Inactive

Services: SKY DIG Sky+hd Mullity room(SKY WORLD) SKY BB MAX Sky talk L/r /Takl mobil PAY MO Freevew hd
NO ONE is on a distinguished roadNO ONE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to NO ONE

at the moment I Stil the Old C r t type Tv But if i had a Hd tv it wood Hava to be Sky Hd For Me thre is Moore Choice Withe Sky then with VM
NO ONE is offline   Reply With Quote