Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN may lose EPL Football(Update)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Is V+ meant to work this way?

Old 10-07-2012, 12:05   #1
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light
Is V+ meant to work this way?

The other day I wanted to record something like this (times are made up to make it easier to read):

BBCHD: 12:00 - 13:00 Motogp
BBCHD: 13:00 - 14:00 Something else

BBC1: 12:00 - 17:00 Tennis

Now why will it not let me do that? It's annoying me now. As far as I can see, I am only ever asking it to record two things at one time there, yet I cannot do it. I'm aware that the V+ box has an overlap function but I have already set this to 0/zero/no overlap so it should not affect it.

The above should work right? Anything to do with me trying to do it in HD?
I have made sure I have loads of space left. It complains that it conflicts with other recordings.
sniper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2012, 12:21   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Is V+ meant to work this way?

It's a bug in the V+ software. It is meant to drop the padding from the consecutive recordings, but it doesn't always work.

If you cancel all the recordings and set them again, it will often work at the second attempt.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 13:04   #3
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

if I want to do that, I manually set to record from 12:00 - 14:00, which is a bit annoying, but at least you know you won't miss beginning or end of a programme
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 16:02   #4
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light

Manually record...hmm...never normally use that. Good call. Might try that and the other suggestion. Thanks.
Does TIVO not have this bug then?
Old 10-07-2012, 18:25   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper007 View Post
Does TIVO not have this bug then?
No, the TiVo software is totally different. Plus TiVo has 3 recording tuners, so this wouldn't cause a clash anyway.
Old 16-07-2012, 11:19   #6
sniper007
Inactive

TIVO you can record 3 things AND watch a fourth simultaneously?! Seriously awesome if I have read that right.
Old 16-07-2012, 11:37   #7
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

No but you can use all 3 tuners for recording
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 11:46   #8
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper007 View Post
TIVO you can record 3 things AND watch a fourth simultaneously?! Seriously awesome if I have read that right.
Just to clarify - the fourth is not a live broadcast but can be a recorded program or VOD.
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 10:11   #9
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

VOD uses a tuner on TiVo I think - I've been chucked out of on demand when suddenly three recordings start. I think you can only record 3 and watch a fourth programme from "my shows", but that's still pretty decent imo.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 11:25   #10
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
VOD uses a tuner on TiVo I think - I've been chucked out of on demand when suddenly three recordings start. I think you can only record 3 and watch a fourth programme from "my shows", but that's still pretty decent imo.
"Normal" VOD uses a tuner, but iPlayer and other streamed services don't, so you can record 3 and watch one of these.