Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | belkin n150 F6D4230uk4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

dlink dir 615 problems

Old 22-08-2010, 11:43   #1
mikecarey
Inactive

mikecarey is an unknown quantity at this point
dlink dir 615 problems

hello, yesterday all my net was fine, my network was 'mikenet' anyway my girlfriends sister come round with her laptop n tried to connect to my network,anyway her laptop instead of connect to mine, it kinda installed dir615 somet, n now theres no network 'mikenet' thers a 'megan pc network' but cant connect to it cos theres a pass on that none of us know, is there anyway i can get the router back to its original format n then i can set it all up again? having to use the cable out of modem at mo
mikecarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-08-2010, 11:57   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: dlink dir 615 problems

D LINK ROUTER SETUP

The first thing you need to do is a pinhole reset if you look on the back of the router the is a grey reset hole, you take a pen and press it into the router while powered on for 15 seconds..

Then you wait for the lights all to turn green on the router then you look for a D Link network which is unsecured and you then connect to it wirelessly.

Then you go go online and in the address bar you get them to put 192.168.0.1 and press enter/return, you will then be asked for a username which is admin and password which you leave blank, and then click login and they will be presented with a Dlink screen on the left chose wireless setup and then go to manual setup at the bottom and you will be presented with the setup screen

At the top we have Wi-Fi Protected Setup also known as WCN2, remove the Enable Pin tick and then go the Wireless Network Settings section and go to the box with the SSID which by default will be dlink and change it to one of your own choice.

Then click on the security options drop down and choose WPA/WPA2 wireless security enhanced, then the Network key box will appear and in here they enter a password with a minimum length of 8 characters then click save settings and wait for it to finish.

You can now look for their newly named network and connect using their password.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 13:18   #3
mikecarey
Inactive

mikecarey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: dlink dir 615 problems

Reset it, done all the settings, wen I saved them it stayed on the saving page for ages, then pages then says page not found n then my net connection is there n connected but can't get ob any sites, on my mobile at mo

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Access is local only

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

Something due to dns wen I diagnose n repair

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

Something due to dns wen I diagnose n repair

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

Dhcp or somet?

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

sorted it cheers
mikecarey is offline   Reply With Quote