Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Wireless Access Point Router and Modem Help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Best Router for 20MB Service?

Old 28-09-2007, 11:49   #1
anguilla
Inactive

anguilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Best Router for 20MB Service?

Having finally got a 20MB service through direct connection, I find my router is only giving me 8MB (Linksys BEFSR41). I don't need wireless - just a straightforward 4 port router so I can get 20MB.

Assistance is appreciated for a good router that gives the full 20MB from the Virgin service?
anguilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-09-2007, 12:11   #2
Bonglet
cf.addict

Bonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Best Router for 20MB Service?

ahh routers funny things aint they i dont think you cam find one that will give you the full 20mb because router or not your not going to get 20mb speed remember your on a upto service and you might see 20mb speeds consistently when virgin are rolling out there upto 100mb service in a couple of years with the 2mb upload lol.

I can reccomend a d-link dir-301 4 port wireless router on special for £30-40 from pc world
they work nice and are good value for money pity the same cant be said about vm 20mb bb atm .
Bonglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 12:12   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Best Router for 20MB Service?

to Cable Forum

You need a router that has a proper 10/100 ethernet port on the WAN (internet) side.

These days a router with included wireless access point isn't that much more than one without. Even if you don't want wireless today, what about tommorrow? You can always disable it if not required. The Linksys WRT54G series routers will do wired and wireless.

Don't know about wired only. I'm sure there will be some recommendations soon.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote