Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | "Vicious"

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The 80's The Decade That Made Us

Old 18-04-2013, 22:30   #1
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
The 80's The Decade That Made Us

I'm currently enjoying a 6 part show being broadcast by National Geographic in America. I have no idea if this is coming to the UK. Being born in 1979 the 80's was my childhood. I'm finding the series very entertaining.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...-that-made-us/

"The '80s: The Decade That Made Us isn't about nostalgia; it's about the history of our modern world that spawned political, technological, cultural, and social revolutions that began in the United States and went on to dominate the world. This cultural programming event is the defining biography of a generation. It's about a decade of people, decisions, and inventions that changed our future, told from the perspective of the unknowing history makers who lived these iconic moments. We worked out, worked harder, played harder and consumed more—because the 1980s was the decade when we went forward to the future. The first launch of the Space Shuttle triggered a technological explosion in global communications that gave birth to our modern love affair with smartphones; Madonna rolled around on stage in a wedding dress, sending shock waves through a celebrity-hungry world that can’t get enough of Lady Gaga and Katy Perry today. These and other incredible stories reveal surprising, unexpected details and twists and turns from a decade you only thought you knew. Narrated by an original member of the "Brat Pack," Rob Lowe, The '80s will put us back in touch with our inner Valley Girl by reliving the music, inspirational sports moments, and scenes from iconic movies and TV shows, as well as the very best (and worst) of hair and fashion."
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-04-2013, 22:33   #2
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude
Re: The 80's The Decade That Made Us

I was born in the 60's and I regard the 80's as my childhood lol ?
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 00:25   #3
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
same as. I took the Mod fashion for most of my comprehensive years
Old 19-04-2013, 00:36   #4
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
Everyone seems to have a different period that they class as their childhood. I class 1984 to 1989 as the best years of my life. I still believed in santa, all of my family were still alive, watching Return of the Jedi in the cinema, having a BMX, Zippy from Rainbow, my 2 brothers being born and just so many great memories with my parents.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 00:42   #5
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Everyone seems to have a different period that they class as their childhood. I class 1984 to 1989 as the best years of my life. I still believed in santa, all of my family were still alive, watching Return of the Jedi in the cinema, having a BMX, Zippy from Rainbow, my 2 brothers being born and just so many great memories with my parents.
My best years were the mid nighties
Old 19-04-2013, 21:25   #6
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
same as. I took the Mod fashion for most of my comprehensive years
I was a skinhead from about '79 through to early 90s the music is still a huge part of my life and everything to do with the 80s is very nostalgic for me.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 21:36   #7
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I always wanted to be a teddy boy. but I missed it.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 22:29   #8
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
I was a skinhead from about '79 through to early 90s the music is still a huge part of my life and everything to do with the 80s is very nostalgic for me.
you still got enough hair to get the sugar and water on it ? lol