Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Trump’s Troubles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 2
View Poll Results: If the election were held today, who would you vote for?
Labour 19 54.29%
Conservative 2 5.71%
Liberal Democrat 3 8.57%
Plains Cymru OR SNP 2 5.71%
Reform UK 1 2.86%
Green 0 0%
NI _Unionist 1 2.86%
NI - Nationalist 0 0%
Other vote 3 8.57%
Will not vote 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 09:24   #1
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 2

Here we are already…

Please continue all discussion here, and vote again in our fresh, new poll, so we can see if the campaign has changed your mind so far.

For reference, previous discussion is here: https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33712705 feel free to carry over any comments from that thread you wish to reply to here.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 12:07   #2
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Why should someone earning over 100k per year have the same personal tax allowance as someone earning less than that ?
The 100k threshold is a very arbitrary one. The threshold is very punitive when you just go over it so it is not really fit for purpose. It is part of the narrative that the only taxation that should be discussed is Income when so much is gained (by so few) through non-Income sources e.g. asset appreciation, dividends, etc.

Taxation of the ultra-wealthy is one of the things that Labour should consider to fund the required public sector investment but I suspect that, for now, they are too scared viz. not dropping the Ming vase.
Old Yesterday, 12:59   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

There was some chat on the BBC Electioncast podcast last week about the difference between Labour in 1997 and now. In 1997 Labour pledged to stick to Tory tax/spend plans for 2 years. In 2024 their position amounts to basically the same. The problem is in 1997 the economy was good, and improving. Now, it’s in the toilet. Not changing anything now risks everything still being in the toilet midway through their first term. But as you say, they don’t want to risk dropping the Ming vase.
Old Yesterday, 13:14   #4
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Not much change in the Cable Forum opinion polling as we go into the second week of the election campaign.
Old Yesterday, 13:28   #5
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I wonder if people will spoil their ballot paper, as far as I see it's better than not voting.

Mind you it did backfire on one voter.

He drew a phallic in the box of one of the candidates, they did consider it a spoilt ballot, but it was drawn inside the box, so gave it to that candidate.

Myself and my father will again do the postal vote.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 14:33   #6
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the rough

I'll vote for the only candidate that'll beat the SNP who have een an abject failure for Scotland. I wouldn't normally vote Lib Dem but needs must to get rid of the cancer that's the SNP
Frazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 14:41   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
I'll vote for the only candidate that'll beat the SNP who have een an abject failure for Scotland. I wouldn't normally vote Lib Dem but needs must to get rid of the cancer that's the SNP
Oddly enough when I moved house in 2022 I had to come to terms with the fact I’d have to vote Labour for the first time in my life, in order to get the Nat out. Little did I realise the clown car that is the present Tory government was already conspiring to be so utterly awful I would be actively wanting to see the back of them just 2 years later. I notice Jo Swinson’s not having another go in your neck of the woods though, which is a pity.
Old Yesterday, 15:36   #8
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Rushi - the gift that keeps on giving. Has there ever been a more gaff-filled election campaign before? Even BS’ing Boris couldn’t manage all this.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...paign=sharebar

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:44   #9
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Former Conservative MP Mark Logan has said he is backing Labour at the next general election, saying the party could "bring back optimism into British life".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd11kvk1je4o

Quote:
In an exclusive interview with BBC News, Mr Logan, who represented Bolton North East for the Tories until Parliament dissolved on Thursday, said Labour had been on a "journey" and now offered "centrist politics".

He added that the Tory Party was now "unrecognisable" from the party he joined a decade ago.

Mr Logan won his seat with a majority of just 378 in 2019, making it one of the most marginal in the country.

He said his application to join Labour was "going in today
Old Yesterday, 17:46   #10
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Former Tory MP backs Labour at general election

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cd11kvk1je4o

Quote:
Former Conservative MP Mark Logan has said he is backing Labour at the next general election, saying the party could "bring back optimism into British life".

In an exclusive interview with BBC News, Mr Logan, who represented Bolton North East for the Tories until Parliament dissolved on Thursday, said Labour had been on a "journey" and now offered "centrist politics".

He added that the Tory Party was now "unrecognisable" from the party he joined a decade ago.

Mr Logan won his seat with a majority of just 378 in 2019, making it one of the most marginal in the country.

He said his application to join Labour was "going in today".

Mr Logan, who supported Brexit, is standing down at this election and Labour has already chosen a candidate for his former constituency.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:38   #11
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

'Logan's Run'. What a great film

Deeply suspicious of these baddies who suddenly decide they're goodies when doomsday comes.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote