Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

David and Goliath

Old 05-11-2009, 20:59   #1
soicky
Inactive

soicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to all
David and Goliath

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips...,17218,00.html

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about Haye yet. If he wins he will be the first ever British cruiserweight to win the world heavyweight title. I reckon Haye will win this quite comfortably, quick flurry of punches and than retreat, if he keeps that up all night he'll win.

Haye will make quite a bit from this fight due to the freak factor of his opponent and quite a few casual will purchase the fight.

For anyone who hasn't seen Hayes opponent

soicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2009, 21:04   #2
zing_deleted

Re: David and Goliath

well id fight him totally different to that. Id work on the inside not give him a chance to swing if you work on the outside there is a chance he is gonna hit ya and I wouldnt fancy getting hit by a giant like that. I tuck myself in work on his body a hope to get a couple of over the top hooks in.

I have not seen either of these guys fight I have no idea how good the Russian is
Old 05-11-2009, 21:37   #3
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

I think I'd try and reason with him first....
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 22:02   #4
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
I think I'd try and reason with him first....
You probably could, Valuev is supposed to be a really nice guy

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 22:08   #5
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
You probably could, Valuev is supposed to be a really nice guy
.... that could be the start of a cunning plan.

Offer him a drinkski. "No Nikolay the aftertaste of British Vodka always resembles strong sedatives... have mine it tastes the same..."
Old 05-11-2009, 22:11   #6
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
Jimmy-J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 22:18   #7
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Product 13 View Post
The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
and often.. the harder they hit .... but the slower they run.
Old 05-11-2009, 23:52   #8
soicky
Inactive

soicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
well id fight him totally different to that. Id work on the inside not give him a chance to swing if you work on the outside there is a chance he is gonna hit ya and I wouldnt fancy getting hit by a giant like that. I tuck myself in work on his body a hope to get a couple of over the top hooks in.

I have not seen either of these guys fight I have no idea how good the Russian is
the russian is not the best skilled fighter but has power and size. Haye's main attributes are his considerable power but mainly his speed is what will count on the night and if he has enough stamina to keep it going.
soicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:36   #9
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Valuev's power has decreased somewhat in recent Years..

And to be quite honest.. Ive never seen anyone Hit like haye..

Ive got a feeling ... Haye KO either the First Round or the 6th
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 15:46   #10
NoKnowledge
Inactive

NoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody know if this is Davids first fight @ heavyweight?
NoKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 17:34   #11
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKnowledge View Post
Does anybody know if this is Davids first fight @ heavyweight?
Itll be his 3rd.. He made a cameo Apperance at Heavywieght + His Barret fight last year
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 17:49   #12
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Valuev weighed in 7 stone heavier than Haye at the weigh in this afternoon, it's the heaviest Haye has ever been and Valuev was lighter than expected
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 18:34   #13
NoKnowledge
Inactive

NoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Itll be his 3rd.. He made a cameo Apperance at Heavywieght + His Barret fight last year
Any ideas what he was like in the other two, Did he struggle in any he should've won or were the fights made as in all he had to do was turn up to fight.
NoKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 19:20   #14
Matty_
cf.geek

Matty_ has reached the bronze age
Matty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze age

I really can`t see Haye getting this one

Reason being i think Valuev will get to fight one of the Klitshchkos` if he wins and that, him being Russian them Ukrainian is a big fight. Plus the fact he`s got a head the size of a Fiat500

Also 1 loss in 50 fights with 34 KO`s is a good record in anyone`s book. Haye may need to be bailed out at some point!!
Matty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 20:56   #15
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_ View Post
Also 1 loss in 50 fights with 34 KO`s is a good record in anyone`s book. Haye may need to be bailed out at some point!!

Hayes record isn't exactly bad - 23 fights 22 wins 21 KO's

21/22 being KO's is an amazing record.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote